2020 Recruiting: - Cliff Omoruyi unofficial visit today | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cliff Omoruyi unofficial visit today

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Just an observation - We should put the date in the subject line rather than “Visit Today”. These threads stay around forever and to our many beloved Casual Fans it may appear that he is visiting that current day when it fact it could have been weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Chief expects two commitments by 10/15.
So based on the visit schedule and your date of 10/15 I’m going to guess. Andre and Cardwell.
9318FAF5-B130-494D-891B-406D69805F90.jpeg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
$’s talk.
Yep! Programs outed by FBI have zero to lose this year. If NCAA does take action whatever indiscretions currently taking place will be lumped in with FBI Adidas report. Get an exciting class and fans will come out in droves plus alumni will donate. It will offset some of the upcoming revenue losses.

NCAA should factor this in when issuing penalties.

Reaction Score
Cardwell, who’s being recruited by other SEC teams but not Auburn, plays on that McEachern team now with Cooper. It’s not always great for a player to leave a school like Oak Hill, but Cardwell will still be surrounded by a lot of talent and playing high-level ball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bruce has a savings fund I am sure which will assist Chuck Person when he gets out of jail for taking his hit. Amazing to me this guy is coaching when his assistant is going to or in jail for recruiting under his watch. And yet Georgia Tech is going to get hammered for kids getting $300 bucks to go to a strip joint. What is the NCAA thinking, it's just a fn joke?

Reaction Score
Bruce has a savings fund I am sure which will assist Chuck Person when he gets out of jail for taking his hit. Amazing to me this guy is coaching when his assistant is going to or in jail for recruiting under his watch. And yet Georgia Tech is going to get hammered for kids getting $300 bucks to go to a strip joint. What is the NCAA thinking, it's just a fn joke?
Yep, the whole system stinks to high heaven. It is a total farce and has been for a long time. It is a miracle, what Calhoun was able to accomplish. He was fighting massive corruption the whole time. Yeah, he did marginal stuff like give some connected teams pre-season games but those were the legal things he could do to combat the huge disadvantage.

And it was obvious to anyone who had a brain and their eyes open. Even when Calhoun had so much to sell to recruits he was still barely ever landing five star burger kids. They were a welcome rarity here but certain coaches and schools with little to nothing to sell were landing far more of them. And when anyone questioned why we were losing kids to lesser teams and coaches, they were mocked here. Not anymore!

C

Chief00

Doomed.
So how does Cooper’s sales pitch go to other recruits? Perhaps it goes something like this - They gave my uncle $’s and he gives me $’s anytime I want - and I have access to plenty of hoes.
Like it or not folks - that’s what we are competing against.

Reaction Score
they are afraid of penalizing the blue bloods bc they bring in $$$

Reaction Score
I hear you mau loud and clear. So many factors of cheating and the NC fiasco have messed up college basketball with so much drama, it's too much with the ncaa being pathetic, cowards.

Reaction Score
Yep! Programs outed by FBI have zero to lose this year. If NCAA does take action whatever indiscretions currently taking place will be lumped in with FBI Adidas report. Get an exciting class and fans will come out in droves plus alumni will donate. It will offset some of the upcoming revenue losses.

NCAA should factor this in when issuing penalties.

They have revised the infraction penalty guide to consider that...

5-15-4.Financial Penalty. Pursuant to Bylaws 19.9.5 and 19.9.5.2, consistent with Figure 19-1, absent extenuating circumstances under Bylaw 19.9.6 and after determining the appropriate classification based on any aggravating and mitigating factors, hearing panels shall prescribe financial penalties as a core penalty when a panel concludes that an institution or involved individual associated with a sport program committed one or more Level I or Level II violations. If those financial penalties include an additional percentage of the sport program's budget, that percentage will be applied to the average of the sport program's previous three total budgets. Based on the financial penalty prescribed, an institution shall be required to calculate and identify its total financial penalty in its preliminary compliance report. The OCOI will provide that total to the NCAA accounting office, which will provide the institution with an invoice. Institutions shall be required to pay the invoice within 30 days of receipt of the invoice. COI practice does not permit an institution to retain any portion of its financial penalty in lieu of paying the invoice. (Effective: 2/27/2015, Adopted: 4/30/2015; Revised: 2/19/2016, Adopted: 3/21/2016; Revised: 3/26/2019, Adopted: 6/12/2019)

On top of all the other penalties last week - the NCAA nicked Georgia Tech for a fine of $5k plus 2% of the men’s basketball program budget.

Reaction Score
This probably hurts our chances, right? We can’t miss out on Cardwell while we wait for Cliff. Does anyone in the know have a weather report from Stores?

Reaction Score
Most important part of that post is his expected timeframe.
Yes but he's been all over the map on that. He's said in the past he's committing on his birthday, Oct. 11th. Once Andre officially makes it official we'll see if we can speed Cliff along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom