Cin vs Bama… David vs Goliath … | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cin vs Bama… David vs Goliath …

Reaction Score
Right not saying Cincy was gonna win or even come close, I do feel there was something missing from Cincy, kind of feel they gave Cincy too much respect.
Correction Bama not Cincy.

Reaction Score
They played their seed. It would've been nice to see the upset but we all knew how unlikely that was.

Great season for Cincy.

Reaction Score
Hoping for a much better 2nd game. Want Mich to beat Georgia. One SEC team is more than enough.
I’ll be rooting for team Portnoy in this one.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
One point that was discussed by the announcers - Cincy has to get bigger / stronger in o-line and the d-line. They've got a couple of years before they are in the Big 12.

Reaction Score
I think we knew the title matchup months ago, it’s scripted.

Reaction Score
a Bama-GeorThe Bama-Cincy game was not as close as the score....

Bama dominated....and, dang, it looks like we will have a Bama-Georgia Final....but, they are very probably the two best teams.

Reaction Score
I think we knew the title matchup months ago, it’s scripted.
If by scripted you mean they're the two best teams, then I agree. Hard to argue with on-field results.

Reaction Score
If by scripted you mean they're the two best teams, then I agree. Hard to argue with on-field results.
Yes that’s what I meant, always felt like Bama-UGA was destined to happen. It feels to me Georgia was moved to a 3 and Michigan a 2 to increase viewership. Feels like 2 NFL teams vs the rest of college football.

Reaction Score
Cinci looked about as good as ND every year they've made it and just as good as Michigan against Georgia. So I say they at least belonged.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Fair to say that O line play really cost CU any chance at competing. D was pretty good.
The OL play wasn’t great but they also had their moments and completely flopped.

Down 11 in the third with all the momentum- Cincinnati intercepts Bryce Young and will start at the 50 yard line. The following ensues:

1st and 10: Under center for the only snap the entire game and run halfback toss off tackle? They wound up having two guys in motion and getting a penalty

1st and 15: Halfback Draw. Lol.

2nd and 16: Incomplete 3 yard hitch batted down at the line

3rd and 16: Burn a timeout to avoid delay of game. Then call a 5 step drop concept from shotgun and gets sacked

4th and 30: delay of game to move them back 5 yards and then punt.

That sequence despite how awful they were offensively in the first half lost them the game. I cannot believe they got a pick to start at the 50 and ran a freaking toss and halfback draw. Insane. And burned a TO on third and 16 because they couldn’t get a play in. Just so bad.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati lost this game a month before it was played....a 13 win undefeated G5 team was making a play to show they deserved a top 4 billet with the big boys....a lot of pressure on a team who really did not have the horses.

Alabama could have played them 10 times and won 11.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Bama v Georgia … another disaster for CFB interest . Go to fix this problem.
I agree, but how? Anti-trust doesn't seem to be the answer. Recently the thought has crossed my mind that the flow of athletes through the portal may act as a leveling mechanism to some extent, but beyond that natural market forces can't overcome the fix as structured by the P5.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I was happy Ohio State and Clemson weren't in this year, but what a clunker of two games.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I agree, but how? Anti-trust doesn't seem to be the answer. Recently the thought has crossed my mind that the flow of athletes through the portal may act as a leveling mechanism to some extent, but beyond that natural market forces can't overcome the fix as structured by the P5.

Like half the top 100 players went to 4 teams. I believe That has happened each of the last 2 years

It’s really hard to combat that

the Q

Reaction Score
Fair to say that O line play really cost CU any chance at competing. D was pretty good.

And I think Georgia is even better in the trenches than bama.

the Q

Reaction Score
A 25 team playoff is the way to go.

We already have that.
It’s the sec, big 10, Oklahoma’s and Clemson’s regular seasons. Lol

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is no rational reason why Alabama and now Georgia should be this much better than everyone else. Talent should naturally distribute itself to where it can find playing time, but for some reason in football it all seems to aggregate at a handful of schools. Wonder why that happens.

Reaction Score
Bottom line, SEC in the finals every year no matter the playoff configuration especially after expansion and they win 9 out of 10. Maybe an O$U or Clem$on once every 10 years. Teams like Cnci or any from the Big 12 or PAC or, seriously, any G5 or independent have less than 0% chance no matter the playoff scheme. It is like the Pats in the AFC east with Brady. You know who wins before the season begins.

the reason BB can work with 64 teams is you can win with 7 good players. FB you need 40 good players and the teams that pay players through NIL and will pay outrageous coaching salaries will win. I bet that this years CFP championship ratings are the worst ever. I have zero interest watching Bama GA again. I will watch the Mecuum auto auction on rerun first.

I will still watch my team a in game, but any hope of relevance is just an illusion for all but 2 or 3 teams not at 5he top of the SEC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom