Cin vs Bama… David vs Goliath … | The Boneyard

Cin vs Bama… David vs Goliath …

Reaction Score
I’ve been pulling for the Bearcats to make the playoff. Now that they’re there part of me hopes they get smoked then the other part of me wants them to stick it to the system. They need to expand the darn thing but we can save that for another thread.

Who ya rooting for?
What’s the outcome?

Reaction Score
I’ve been pulling for the Bearcats to make the playoff. Now that they’re there part of me hopes they get smoked then the other part of me wants them to stick it to the system. They need to expand the darn thing but we can save that for another thread.

Who ya rooting for?
What’s the outcome?
I personally want Cincy and Michigan. The long-standing dominance of the SEC is annoying so as much as I’d never have pulled for Cincinnati in the past, today I am a Bearcat.

Reaction Score
I personally want Cincy and Michigan. The long-standing dominance of the SEC is annoying so as much as I’d never have pulled for Cincinnati in the past, today I am a Bearcat.
I second this.

Reaction Score

Who ya rooting for?
What’s the outcome?
I do not like Cinnci but I am in favor of some Non Power Five team making it into the restricted club of self styled elitists of college football. I also agree that the playoff system needs to be expanded. Schools such as Alabama act as if they have been anointed by God himself as God’s chosen football team. Eventually the mighty fall and their fans go into shock with the realization that living on top is not an eternal right.

EDIT:: I do not have the same negative feeling about Michigan (yet) but I promise to work at it.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I am rooting for Cincy and Michigan but I think bama and Michigan win. I don't have confidence in Georgia's quarterback.

In national..I am rooting for Michigan, but think it will be Bama. Again. Sigh.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
luv, luv, luv all things bama football.
they've been doing it right for my entire life. excellence.
having said that, for this one?
go Cinncy. bama losing will mean far less for their program than bearcats winning will for theirs. mixin up the mess, and all that.
Cinncinati Football- bringin skyline chili to the masses!
good stuff, especially this time of year. hearty. tasty. cures what ails ya.
add some fresh jalapenos and fresh garlic, and nuthin can stop you.
heck, you won't even need a hat when ur all up in it.
YG7YMSDYKZGSXKDLB2KN4T2CAQ

or gloves.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rooting for Cincy. Them getting destroyed by Bama today would only reinforce the perception that the G5 schools don't belong.

Reaction Score
I am not a Cincy fan by any means. Their dirty play vs UConn over the years(especially when Huggins was still the B-Ball coach) has soured me on them. That being said, I detest the way the P-5 is favored over everyone else with the pollsters. It's a minor miracle the Bearcats were "allowed" a playoff spot. So, for all the schools not P-5, GO Bearcats !!! Beat the Tide. Maybe the door can be widened in the future. Maybe this forces the NCAA into a 8 team playoff which would be perfect. Any more than that is too much.

Reaction Score
Cinci. Now that we are out of the AAC I dislike them less. Hope they can put a crack in the SECartel

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don’t think a single playoff game will be close. Alabama will annihilate Cincinnati. 50-10 kind of score is not out of the question. Georgia will easily beat Michigan, and then Alabama will beat Georgia by 3 TDs.

That said, I would love to see Alabama lose, so let’s hope for a miracle. I am a little surprised the money line is not more like +600 or more. It seems a little thin at +425.

Reaction Score
I don’t think a single playoff game will be close. Alabama will annihilate Cincinnati. 50-10 kind of score is not out of the question. Georgia will easily beat Michigan, and then Alabama will beat Georgia by 3 TDs.

That said, I would love to see Alabama lose, so let’s hope for a miracle. I am a little surprised the money line is not more like +600 or more. It seems a little thin at +425.
The game record- results of the games played by the two teams makes your predictions a .”safe” bet. He11 you predicting a Bama victory is just like people predicting that the Yankees would win the pennant berween 1948 and 1964. Just because some of us are routing for Cindy / or against Bama does not mean that we are predicting a Bama loss.

Reaction Score
Nothing against Cincy. They are a good team that plays solid ball. But there is no way they can match the physicality of the other playoff teams. The size difference is visible, and the are just getting pushed back every play. They need some sort of an Alabama implosion to have a chance.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nothing against Cincy. They are a good team that plays solid ball. But there is no way they can match the physicality of the other playoff teams. The size difference is visible, and the are just getting pushed back every play. They need some sort of an Alabama implosion to have a chance.

Alabama will kill everyone. Cincinnati could hang with Michigan, but it is hard to compete with SEC programs that have been paying players for decades. NIL will even the playing field, but it will take a few years.

Reaction Score
I know it’s only one drive, but that was comically bad resistance by the Cincy defense.

Reaction Score
Well as expected. CInch is down by 7.
Ooops. 4

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Alabama will kill everyone. Cincinnati could hang with Michigan, but it is hard to compete with SEC programs that have been paying players for decades. NIL will even the playing field, but it will take a few years.
I don't know that they could hang with Michigan. The difference on the line of scrimmage is huge. Cincy has to play way above themselves to overcome that. And I hope they do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom