Cin vs Bama… David vs Goliath … | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Cin vs Bama… David vs Goliath …

Reaction Score
There is no rational reason why Alabama and now Georgia should be this much better than everyone else. Talent should naturally distribute itself to where it can find playing time, but for some reason in football it all seems to aggregate at a handful of schools. Wonder why that happens.
Money

Reaction Score
There is no rational reason why Alabama and now Georgia should be this much better than everyone else. Talent should naturally distribute itself to where it can find playing time, but for some reason in football it all seems to aggregate at a handful of schools. Wonder why that happens

Why i was always confused why its so popular. It's basically womens basketball 10 years ago. 2 maybe 3 teams with any chance. Everyone else is just finishing a schedule.

Reaction Score
Why i was always confused why its so popular. It's basically womens basketball 10 years ago. 2 maybe 3 teams with any chance. Everyone else is just finishing a schedule.
Except most people don’t really care about WBB. No conference expansion was about WBB.

Reaction Score
Except most people don’t really care about WBB. No conference expansion was about WBB.

The competitive balance is the same as womens basketball. Pitt would have lost by 3 or 4 touchdowns against Al or GA. Much like 99% of the div 1 teams Pitt,the Acc champ, was just finishing a schedule with no chance at a nation title.

Reaction Score
If things continue people will get bored of football.... other then watching there own local team. Once uconn plays who cares only 2 -3 teams can win a title and they aren't anywhere near CT.

Reaction Score
If things continue people will get bored of football.... other then watching there own local team. Once uconn plays who cares only 2 -3 teams can win a title and they aren't anywhere near CT.
Already bored. Only watch UConn. I did watch a little of UC-Ala, just hoping to see if it might be competitive. Nope.

Reaction Score
Only 3 of 16 CFP semi-final games have been decided by single digits. Bunch of clunkers. At this rate they should go back to 2 teams instead of expanding.

Reaction Score
What on earth is the Georgia coach thinking? Can anybody explain what Georgia is doing with their starting QB still in the game. It’s a 30 point blowout with 2 minutes left. Insanity.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There is no rational reason why Alabama and now Georgia should be this much better than everyone else. Talent should naturally distribute itself to where it can find playing time, but for some reason in football it all seems to aggregate at a handful of schools. Wonder why that happens.
And it does so in mens basketball, womens basketball, womens softball, mens baseball etc etc
Success and money breed more top talent, greater visibility and more success

Reaction Score
The competitive balance is the same as womens basketball. Pitt would have lost by 3 or 4 touchdowns against Al or GA. Much like 99% of the div 1 teams Pitt,the Acc champ, was just finishing a schedule with no chance at a nation title.
The competitive balance is WBB is non existent outside of 2-3 teams. Does that make anoyonenoutside those teams and fans happy? Check the ratings to find the answer.

the entire CFP is based on people watching, betting and caring. Who will bet this years game except UGA and Bama fans? Who will wathch? are You excited by UGA- Bama again? It’s like rooting for the meteor to blow up the site. Who the duck* cares?

NIL and expansion only makes the SEC stronger and the CFP less relevant. )

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Money
I can't figure it out. I watched Dan Mullen at Florida inable to recruit with Georgia and Alabama. Why? He was in a better recruiting area....he was known as a quarterback whisperer...yet he couldn't get a top quarterback to come to Florida. 5 star quarterbacks would sign on at Ohio State...Alabama... Georgia...Clemson...knowing that other five star quarterbacks were there. Meanwhile...they could be the only five star at Florida and they say..."nah...i will join the team with 3 other five star quarterbacks".

It seems odd that these kids would rather sit for years and hope they play versus playing immediately at other schools.

It really is an issue.

Reaction Score

Talent should naturally distribute?

Good grief....you think that happens in women's basketball?

As posted...people just care more about football.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I think my coping mechanism going forward will be to declare my own national champion as follows:
If UG, Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and maybe LSU win the playoff, they will be dubbed the "Plastic Banana Champion". The highest ranked team outside that group will be the real national champion.

There. I've just used cancel culture for a worthy cause. Feel free to add to the Plastic Banana division list.

Reaction Score
I could whine about Duke BB....2022 recruit class ranked 247's number 1...four 5 stars and a four star....as usual..

Reaction Score
I can't figure it out. I watched Dan Mullen at Florida inable to recruit with Georgia and Alabama. Why? He was in a better recruiting area....he was known as a quarterback whisperer...yet he couldn't get a top quarterback to come to Florida. 5 star quarterbacks would sign on at Ohio State...Alabama... Georgia...Clemson...knowing that other five star quarterbacks were there. Meanwhile...they could be the only five star at Florida and they say..."nah...i will join the team with 3 other five star quarterbacks".

It seems odd that these kids would rather sit for years and hope they play versus playing immediately at other schools.

It really is an issue.

Ridder was awful tonight. Yes he was under pressure but he did not play well. The QB play did the Bearcats in tonight. Sure Alabama D especially the D-Line will do that but Ridder had openings even with the time he had and just didn’t get anything going.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ridder was awful tonight. Yes he was under pressure but he did not play well. The QB play did the Bearcats in tonight. Sure Alabama D especially the D-Line will do that but Ridder had openings even with the time he had and just didn’t get anything going.
I just looked at 5 mocks and Ridder was only in two (Corral was only QB in all 5). In one, Ridder was going to the Steelers, which would be hilarious. I can't imagine any GM who saw Ridder tonight would pick him before the 4th round, if that.

Reaction Score
Bama was just much more talented than Cincinnati on both sides of the ball....Cincinnati was not in the same league (no pun intended).

and Georgia's defense was the fastest that Michigan had seen all year. Michigan couldn't run, had problems passing.

Bama isn't completely dominant in their league....they did have games that opponents were within a score of them...Florida, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, A&M (lost to A&M by 3)....and they beat Florida and Auburn by only 2 points.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I don't bother to watch games outside of UConn anymore. We all know the end result will be Alabama, a B1G team, another SEC team, and either Clemson or Oklahoma. Then Alabama goes to the NC game and wins 50% of the time. Someone will likely give me the real stats on this but I don't care, this is basically what it feels like. CFB has become dull and it's a shame.

Reaction Score
What on earth is the Georgia coach thinking? Can anybody explain what Georgia is doing with their starting QB still in the game. It’s a 30 point blowout with 2 minutes left. Insanity.
Exactly!Stupid to take a chance on an injury during a game already won.

Reaction Score
Facts are on your side since Cincy ‘s only points were from FG’s. My God one would think Diaco/Pascalonni/ or Randy was their coach yesterday.

Reaction Score
We can whine about Alabama winning a lot and there may or may not be any illigimate reason why. Yet anyone old enough to recall that Notre Dame used to dominate national championships? Last time I checked the Damed Notr Dame won 22 or so in the NCAA era. My bro in law who lived a few miles from ND always says “anyone but Notre Dame. I was an alter boy and a so called priest used to tell us that as Catholics we were obligated to be Notre Dame fans. What DB that priest was.

Reaction Score
I am of the school of.."the stars count"

Last Recruit Class Rank..Rivals

2017...Bama #1, Georgia #3

2018...Georgia #1, Bama #7

2019...Georgia #1, Bama #2

2020...Georgia #1...Bama #3

2021...Bama #1...Georgia #5

Reaction Score
Georgia has a chance to have 17 drafted next draft...analysts are calling for 10 defenders to be drafted...4 of them 1st rounders.

There is a reason that the SEC has won 13 of the last 19 championships...with Florida, LSU, Alabama, and Auburn chiming in.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom