Chief’s Briefs - Georgetown Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Georgetown Edition

Reaction Score
We make baskets, they get foul shots - courtesy of the Big East.

Three point shooting was the difference today. We shot 60% to their 28%. Karaban and Spencer 3 balls were both on today and their teammates looked for them. In the first half they were a combined 7-8 and 11-14 for the game.

Karaban has his stroke back. Maybe the foul by his face against his opponents elbow last game got his grove back. Thank you Big East refs for supporting that.

While the number of fouls were similar today, the FT’s were once again vastly in our opponent’s favor by 32 to 23. Over 1/2 Georgetown’s first half points were foul shots. We scored 1/4 of our first half points from the foul line.

Chief’s official Big East UConn Officiating Handicap is 10 points per game. In the interest of fairness, to support Commissioner Val. Our defense was great today limiting their shooting to 33%.

Reaction Score
Refs (i.e. fouls) are not the headliner to me. The story of the game is that we won without Clingan again. That should never be overlooked. This team may not have looked like a #4 (or #1) team, but without Clingan they sure are winning like it.

We won another Conference game, with all its glorious ugly splendor. That's headline #2.

I see a Championship caliber team.

Reaction Score
Fouling and lack of rebounding. Tough look
I agree with both comments and yet when you look at box score we actually out rebounded them by one. However they got as many offensive rebounds as defensive boards.

Reaction Score
I thought the comment of the game was something to the effect of "You can't guard with your back".

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that the toughest part of our BE schedule is back end loaded. We shouldn't get too giddy about where we stand. There's a lot of brutal games towards seasons end.
At least we start that part of the schedule with money in the bank and look to have Clagnan back. Not a bad trade off!

Reaction Score
Refs (i.e. fouls) are not the headliner to me. The story of the game is that we won without Clingan again. That should never be overlooked. This team may not have looked like a #4 (or #1) team, but without Clingan they sure are winning like it.

We won another Conference game, with all its glorious ugly splendor. That's headline #2.

I see a Championship caliber team.
I try to be consistent about officiating and not have my outlook clouded by wins or loses. Big East UConn officiating is a chronic problem and needs to be fixed.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I think we did the best we could bumping down low on their drives. There were a lot of bumps that weren't called.

Reaction Score
Newton has an awful shooting day, but still went 9 pts, 8 assists and 7 boards.

I thought Newton played a little bit selfish today. Too much one on one stuff. At times when he had the ball, I thought I was watching the Seton Hall offense, drive it to the hoop, chuck it up and see what happens. Not worried though, he'll be fine when it matters.

Reaction Score
We make baskets, they get foul shots - courtesy of the Big East.

Three point shooting was the difference today. We shot 60% to their 28%. Karaban and Spencer 3 balls were both on today and their teammates looked for them. In the first half they were a combined 7-8 and 11-14 for the game.

Karaban has his stroke back. Maybe the foul by his face against his opponents elbow last game got his grove back. Thank you Big East refs for supporting that.

While the number of fouls were similar today, the FT’s were once again vastly in our opponent’s favor by 32 to 23. Over 1/2 Georgetown’s first half points were foul shots. We scored 1/4 of our first half points from the foul line.

Chief’s official Big East UConn Officiating Handicap is 10 points per game. In the interest of fairness, to support Commissioner Val. Our defense was great today limiting their shooting to 33%.
Seriously one of the worst officiated games i have ever seen. Home against horrible team felt like duke at cameron. Thank goodness they shot the lights out.

Reaction Score
Seriously one of the worst officiated games i have ever seen. Home against horrible team felt like duke at cameron. Thank goodness they shot the lights out.
I know many are tired of me saying this but UConn games officiating in the Big East is beyond broken. Anyone who understands basketball knows that fact. And we have an inept Commissioner to fix this issue.

Reaction Score
I thought Newton played a little bit selfish today. Too much one on one stuff. At times when he had the ball, I thought I was watching the Seton Hall offense, drive it to the hoop, chuck it up and see what happens. Not worried though, he'll be fine when it matters.
I think he was trying to force the refs to call some fouls on Georgetown. Unfortunately many of their heavy fouls on him were neglected while touch or invisible fouls were the norm on the other end.

Reaction Score
I know many are tired of me saying this but UConn games officiating in the Big East is beyond broken. Anyone who understands basketball knows that fact. And we have an inept Commissioner to fix this issue.
You are spot on chiief. If not for excellent shooting the refs could have manufactured a loss. A stretch at the end perhaps not in chronological order. Karaban clean block, foul shots. Castle clean block foul shots, tristan clean steal, foul shots, invisible foul on stewie, foul shots. Stewie looks up at replay perplexed. Diarra swipes off driver, ref gives Georgetown the ball. Georgtown center trips , uconn foul. It is clearly intentional. These idiot’s don’t realize the status of their job is dictated by the success of the league. Sabotaging the best team does not help their cause.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom