Chief’s Briefs - Georgetown Edition | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Georgetown Edition

Reaction Score
He’s become the ‘late in the shot clock ‘ iso guy and isn’t quick enough for that role. Love his game but he struggles getting a good shot off at end of possessions.

Reaction Score
I personally think Donny still holds a grudge against UCONN in how they handled his great friend KO. I think he felt UCONN deserved to treat him better as he was a former player and won UCONN a national championship.
I don’t know, but if that’s the case Donny needs to move on. While UConn could have handled better, and I wasn’t a fan of some of GM’s backstabbing, the underlying actions / behavior were KO’s to own.

Reaction Score
Now that we beat Georgetown with some great shooting and passing, it's time to sober up. Remember..."Heavy is the head that wears the crown" ! (of #1)

Reaction Score
I love how Donny won’t come out with the fact Stewart is his nephew on the broadcast. Hiding it just like how hard he tries not to be a UConn homer.

Reaction Score
I love how Donny won’t come out with the fact Stewart is his nephew on the broadcast. Hiding it just like how hard he tries not to be a UConn homer.
I don’t think he hides it what else would the dna comment mean?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Now that we beat Georgetown with some great shooting and passing, it's time to sober up. Remember..."Heavy is the head that wears the crown" ! (of #1)
On the other hand..."it's good to be the king"

Reaction Score
Castle has the ability to pick up fouls and the strength and technique to finish. Although he gets to the line more than guys who played on last year’s team - there were still numerous non calls. But things could be worse, he could be treated like Newton by the refs.
Hear you on Newton.. Getting hammered all game long. It's almost as if BE coaches are saying to their guys. Beat the crap out of Newton until the refs start calling fouls on you.

Reaction Score
It’s perfectly okay to say Newton had a pretty mediocre game. There was a handful of plays in the 2nd half that just really hurt the team. Driving with no play and throwing it away, that 1 3v1 break where he mucked it up, and far too many deep 3s that he just wasn’t close on.

It’s fine to say that yet still have full confidence in him, and know he will play better.

Reaction Score
Diarra was pretty good again. He's turning into a pretty reliable piece for Hurley.

Spencer may never be a stud on defense, but he seems to have a knack for getting a rebound, loose ball or steal when the team needs it.

Castle was solid as well. I just want to see him getting better and better. I love the way he attacks the basket.

I would like to see more of and from Ball.

The rebounding needs to be better, but there were also a few weird play, but that's what happens when refs let a team muck it up.

On offense, the spacing was a little off at times, and I could be wrong, but it seemed like there were a couple of times where Castle had the ball with a mismatch, and wanted a clear-out, but screeners came anyways and let for an easy switch back. Especially in a game with the refs calling it like they did, I would like to see the clear out and Castle going 1 on 1 when the mismatch presented.
We miss Sanogo's muscle, especially with Donovan out. With all the talk of the benefits of small ball we have seen the last few games the importance of rebounding and post defense.
I agree on Spencer, he has a remarkable instinct to find the loose ball, the stray rebound, or find the open cutter.

Reaction Score
Seemed like he got hit on a lot of his drives to the hoop and rarely got calls.
In six Big East games National Champion UConn has been outshot on the foul line by 46 shots or 7.7 per game. In many of those games it is even worse because some UConn FT's were with UConn leading late in the game. In non Big East games, many against national teams Indiana, Texas, Kansas, Gonzaga UNC - we shot 43 more foul shots than our opponents. Calling a foul in the act of shooting or in the penalty is when calls matter the most, so # of FT's is the best metric. As I said last season, and was vindicated in the tournament, the Big East officiating of UConn games is a disgrace. The League is embarrassing itself and now on national network televised games. The Karaban getting hit and bleeding from the eye and is called for a foul on the same play symbolizes the terrible state of Big East Officiating.
IMG_4770.png

Reaction Score
In six Big East games National Champion UConn has been outshot on the foul line by 46 shots or 7.7 per game. In many of those games it is even worse because some UConn FT's were with UConn leading late in the game. In non Big East games, many against national teams Indiana, Texas, Kansas, Gonzaga UNC - we shot 43 more foul shots than our opponents. Calling a foul in the act of shooting or in the penalty is when calls matter the most, so # of FT's is the best metric. As I said last season, and was vindicated in the tournament, the Big East officiating of UConn games is a disgrace. The League is embarrassing itself and now on national network televised games. The Karaban getting hit and bleeding from the eye and is called for a foul on the same play symbolizes the terrible state of Big East Officiating.
View attachment 95233
To be fair, AK did foul… after being elbowed in the face.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom