2020 Recruiting: - Cam Thomas Visiting October 11 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cam Thomas Visiting October 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
lane's announcement could have a domino effect since it's probably coming first. if he commits on 10/8 then we cant take both thomas and jackson, so what would we do then?

we'd obviously rather have cam but what if getting jackson could also seal the deal with cliff??

can't risk offending either of these guys theyre too good. gotta be first come first served
It’s a close call but from positional need, IMO Cliff + Andre > Cam + Lane

Reaction Score
Of course we are discussing a low probability situation but we really need a decent 5 in this class.
True and I could see them telling Jackson no possibly, but in no circumstance should/would the staff turn Cam away in the hopes of landing Cliff. Especially with so much turnover in CBB, we could have 4 scholarships available next year when its all said and done, who knows the future of AG, Akok (NBA?), or someone else transferring out.

Reaction Score
I see that Lane is visiting first, 6'5 and ranked 84th on 247, from Jersey, but I have not seen much of his game. Cam Thomas on the other hand, I've watched his tapes and I've read some information on him and for real he comes across as a really elite player, one of the best in the country. Sure would like to see Thomas on the floor as our 2 guard. With the guards we already have on the roster minus Vital because he's definitely out next year, I think our backcourt would match up real well with anyone in the country. Cam Thomas would elevate us like that.

Reaction Score
It’s a close call but from positional need, IMO Cliff + Andre > Cam + Lane
Tough call, I'd lean toward Thomas and Lane. More dynamic scorers and Lane is an elite defender. Think positional need is a little overblown. With vital gone and possible AG we'll need scoring.

Assuming Carlton and akok return and IW and RS are serviceable backup bigs I would lean toward loading our rosters with scorers. But obviously adding Cliff would give us a great front court

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
True and I could see them telling Jackson no possibly, but in no circumstance should/would the staff turn Cam away in the hopes of landing Cliff. Especially with so much turnover in CBB, we could have 4 scholarships available next year when its all said and done, who knows the future of AG, Akok (NBA?), or someone else transferring out.
There is no way Akok is a one and done.

Reaction Score
sure it has. we can only take 3 guys max and 1 has to be a center. so if we get lane (that was my hypothetical) that means the second spot is for a center* (unless it's josh gray perhaps), and the third spot is for either thomas or jackson.

*optimistic the center will be cliff, cardwell or Javonte Brown Ferguson
I completely missed that your hypothetical was based on getting Lane. So I agree; we’re not getting Lane, Cam, and Jackson.

Reaction Score
He said he doesn't know when he is visiting Auburn anymore, and he cancelled his NC State visit and pretty sure isn't considering them anymore. So as of now were the last scheduled visit
Oh yeah thats right, even better :)

Reaction Score
First to commit. Pretty simple.

you're no fun. there's a fascinating potential scenario in play. let's say jackson commits here on 9/30 after his iowa visit and lane commits on 10/8. at that point Thomas hasn't even arrived for his OV yet....

what then? center is our biggest need but how can you turn cam away if he's ready to verbal and cliff isnt a sure thing? either way this stuff is fun to think about no matter what you say.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
IMO you back off Lane and go after Cliff and Cam. Andre seems to have the interest to commit to us but having Cliff commit here too would put it over the top. Cam seems to be taking the longest so then we put all our resources on him for the final stretch and try to get a commitment before early signing period. I really like this trio of Cam Andre and Cliff. Cam has a deadly stroke, Andre is athletic as hell, and Cliff is going to be a matchup nightmare.

Reaction Score
IMO you back off Lane and go after Cliff and Cam. Andre seems to have the interest to commit to us but having Cliff commit here too would put it over the top. Cam seems to be taking the longest so then we put all our resources on him for the final stretch and try to get a commitment before early signing period. I really like this trio of Cam Andre and Cliff. Cam has a deadly stroke, Andre is athletic as hell, and Cliff is going to be a matchup nightmare.
We don’t have the luxury to back off any recruits.

Reaction Score
We only have two official available schollies right now. We are speculating on the third in the Spring if AG or someone else leaves. Are we allowed to take 3 commitments who we offered if only two schollies are really available? Or do we get a verbal on the third and tell them to wait until Spring and hope the vultures don't swoop in? How does this work?

Reaction Score
We only have two official available schollies right now. We are speculating on the third in the Spring if AG or someone else leaves. Are we allowed to take 3 commitments who we offered if only two schollies are really available? Or do we get a verbal on the third and tell them to wait until Spring and hope the vultures don't swoop in? How does this work?
We can take more commits than we have schollies open for next year, happens all the time

Reaction Score
Take 3 and it will work out. See duke/Kentucky/etc

C

Chief00

you're no fun. there's a fascinating potential scenario in play. let's say jackson commits here on 9/30 after his iowa visit and lane commits on 10/8. at that point Thomas hasn't even arrived for his OV yet....

what then? center is our biggest need but how can you turn cam away if he's ready to verbal and cliff isnt a sure thing? either way this stuff is fun to think about no matter what you say.
I wouldn’t lose any sleep worrying about that scenario.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t lose any sleep worrying about that scenario.

so jackson and lane arent committing [here] in the next 2.5 weeks. you heard it here first folks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The reality is that if Jackson commits here, Lane almost certainly won't. And Vice Versa.

why do you say that? Lane's a SG and Jackson's a SF, so it's not as if they cant or wont wanna play together. any two of lane, jackson, thomas, or kadary can play together. if i had to assign positions thomas is a 2, jackson is a 3, and both lane and kadary can play either spot on the wing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr