Caitlin Clark Scoring Record Watch | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Caitlin Clark Scoring Record Watch

Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark still has 80 points to go to catch Lynette Woodard as major women's college basketball's all-time leading scorer

Reaction Score
Certainly deserving of the accolades and fun to watch, now is it ok if I say she’s not the GOAT.

Reaction Score

1. Clark, Iowa (2020-24): 3,569

======================================
Additionally

Iowa has 4 RS games left

4. Clark 3569
3. Lynette Woodward Kansas (AIAW), 3649 ==> 81 ==> 3 games
2. Antoine Davis Detroit Mercy 3664 ==> 96 ==> 3-4 games
1. Maravich LSU 3667 ==> 99 ==> 3-4 games

She should pass Maravich in the season finale

Reaction Score
Can you please update Vowel!!! I look forward to you posting after each game for Caitlin. I'm hoping she passes Maravich before tournament time begins.

Reaction Score
Can you please update Vowel!!! I look forward to you posting after each game for Caitlin. I'm hoping she passes Maravich before tournament time begins.
I hope she passes Maravich as well.

Reaction Score
I hope she passes Maravich as well.
I hope the NCAA will take this opportunity to distinguish the difference between the two. A scoring record for a three year college career, as Maravich did, and one for a four year college career, which Clark will do. I think Clark should acknowledge the difference too.

Reaction Score
I hope the NCAA will take this opportunity to distinguish the difference between the two. A scoring record for a three year college career, as Maravich did, and one for a four year college career, which Clark will do. I think Clark should acknowledge the difference too.
She has already acknowledged the difference, in at least two interviews I've seen. One would need to be a dullard to not understand the wonder of what Maravich did, and Caitlin no dullard.

Reaction Score
She has already acknowledged the difference, in at least two interviews I've seen. One would need to be a dullard to not understand the wonder of what Maravich did, and Caitlin no dullard.
That's good. Didn't know if she had addressed it yet since she still has a couple of others between where she is and his mark. And I do not put her in this category by any stretch, but there are people who understand the wonder of what he did but try to leave that out because it doesn't push the narrative they want to promote.

Reaction Score
That's good. Didn't know if she had addressed it yet since she still has a couple of others between where she is and his mark. And I do not put her in this category by any stretch, but there are people who understand the wonder of what he did but try to leave that out because it doesn't push the narrative they want to promote.
All of Pistol's stats are jaw dropping, but 38.1 field goal attempts per game may be even more jaw dropping than 44.2 ppg.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Question--was the freshman not playing varsity rule a national rule or just LSU's rule?

Regardless, there's space for both to acknowledge their greatness. Maravich was an amazing player and racked up huge individual numbers but never found team success collegiately. Clark's scoring year by year pales compared to Pete's but her team success blows his away.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Question--was the freshman not playing varsity rule a national rule or just LSU's rule?

Regardless, there's space for both to acknowledge their greatness. Maravich was an amazing player and racked up huge individual numbers but never found team success collegiately. Clark's scoring year by year pales compared to Pete's but her team success blows Maravich's away.
National rule.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Clark is 18 points from passing the great Pistol Pete for the all time scoring record in NCAA history--men's or women's. She also topped 500 career 3s last night and is in 2nd place all time, 35 triples away from breaking the all time record. Worth noting, Taylor Robertson's all time record of 537 triples was established over a 5 year career and Clark has played 22 fewer games than Robertson.

Interestingly, the all time 3pt record was held by Laurie Koehn from 2005-2015, and then by Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis from 2015-2018. In the past 6 years, 16 players have surpassed KML's mark of 398, with 10 of them accomplishing the feat in just 4 years (6 only passed the mark due to 5 years of eligibility). Regardless, that's wild how for for 13 years Laurie Koehn was #1 or #2 all time, and in the last 6 year she's been pushed down to #18 all time.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Clark is 18 points from passing the great Pistol Pete for the all time scoring record in NCAA history--men's or women's. She also topped 500 career 3s last night and is in 2nd place all time, 35 triples away from breaking the all time record. Worth noting, Taylor Robertson's all time record of 537 triples was established over a 5 year career and Clark has played 22 fewer games than Robertson.

Interestingly, the all time 3pt record was held by Laurie Koehn from 2005-2015, and then by Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis from 2015-2018. In the past 6 years, 16 players have surpassed KML's mark of 398, with 10 of them accomplishing the feat in just 4 years (6 only passed the mark due to 5 years of eligibility). Regardless, that's wild how for for 13 years Laurie Koehn was #1 or #2 all time, and in the last 6 year she's been pushed down to #18 all time.
That's amazing. Probably speaks a lot to the evolution of the game and how much a bigger part the 3 pointer plays now.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
That's amazing. Probably speaks a lot to the evolution of the game and how much a bigger part the 3 pointer plays now.
This is the same reason I don't think many of Clark's records will last as long as the media is portraying and casual Iowa fans are expecting. Offenses across the board are becoming faster and more efficient every season.

Reaction Score
I guess Vowel ran out of gas. I thought we would get one more Clark update till she surpassed Pete. But loved those updates throughout the season. You're the man!!!:)

Reaction Score
This is the same reason I don't think many of Clark's records will last as long as the media is portraying and casual Iowa fans are expecting. Offenses across the board are becoming faster and more efficient every season.

Faster perhaps, but few teams will average 90 points per game or whatever Iowa had. Iowa was the confluence of an exceptional talent, an offense built entirely around that for 4 years, the ability to execute it.

Defenses will improve too. The NBA games of my youth had many more points than they do now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom