Braketology 02.08 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Braketology 02.08

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Reminder: Don't take any team lightly. Both Tennessee and N.C. State are good teams, though they have limitations. The good news is they are not South Carolina or Stanford, and we are in Bridgeport. Ohio State should not be taken lightly either.

Remember what happened when we were heavily favored over Mississippi State and Arizona! Beware of karma!
Mississippi State a real shock. Arizona a shock but Nika's injury factored in

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I haven’t had a chance to watch Michigan play and I am wondering if they are really are a 2 seed. The reason I ask is I have seen Baylor and I am not impressed so if Michigan is a pretender Stanford has a really light bracket.
Good record, weak schedule, has been routed twice. 1 good post plays close to the rim. Iffy slow guards.

Reaction Score
I’d rather play Butler to get a ticket to the FF. But, here’s the reality. Assuming that SC and Stanford remain are the top 2 seeds in the tourney, we will most likely need to play both of them if we want to cut down the nets. If that’s a goal, I don’t care what bracket we are in or what other teams are in that bracket. Play them. Beat them and move on. If we are concerned about the competition before we even get to the FF, maybe the NIT is a better fit.

Reaction Score
“A healthy UConn” — I keep seeing that phrase.
What is the realistic probability of everyone (sans Aubrey) being healthy and playing at 90+%?

The Tenn game was a rarity as 3 whole players were at/near their best. Seems like you want 6 or 7 at that level to win an NC.
As I was saying....

Reaction Score
Maybe. Hope some bracket thought into losses and missing players at that time.
Well, we've plummeted to 11th from 6th in the NET.
Curiously though, Oregon moved from 13th to 7th after two back to back losses. I'll never figure this stuff out.

Reaction Score
Well, we've plummeted to 11th from 6th in the NET.
Curiously though, Oregon moved from 13th to 7th after two back to back losses. I'll never figure this stuff out.
loses matter but it's not the only thing, I assume they moved up due to beating Uconn who beat Tenn who was one of the #1 seeds.

Reaction Score
Zia has shot bad in other games and SC still won. Not saying you’re wrong but completely focusing on shutting her down isn’t the only answer. I’d also argue that SC’s bench and defense has made a whole 360 since that game. The bench has been picking up where the starters left off and that’s going to make them even tougher to beat in the tournament.
I am not saying SC will be easy to beat in any game, what I believe is that Zia is prone to pressure and if you can get in her head SC is beatable. However even if Zia has a bad game the opposing team must take advantage of the opportunity, they must hit shots above their average. Let me be clear I think SC is the most talented team in the country and will likely win the NC.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t it be fun to see Geno vs Carla in the second round in Storrs? Princeton would have their share of fans among the UConn faithful

Heh heh heh, Tennessee in Bridgeport. :)
Yikes, don’t jinx us we can easily still end up in Spokane

Reaction Score
2-10-22 Selection Committee Reveal
Screenshot_20220210-195533_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Reaction Score
Honestly not shocked the committee would rather have UConn stay in Bridgeport Region.

I like the top 4 seeds in that bracket, especially having watched the NC State/BC game tonight. But none of the top teams are infallible ...

Reaction Score
This committee is really going to have their work cut out for them. This is beginning to look like "throw out the rankings/ records" week..
NC State taken to OT by BC.. 12-10 Michigan State just beat Michigan...
Buckle up, looks like an interesting stretch run!

Reaction Score
Plenty more upsets to come. No way of telling who winds up in any given bracket. Except they will fall over backwards to keep UCONN in Bridgeport.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
From the other thread. I've been looking at the teams from a graphical angle and it's interesting seeing who's stayed in the top 16, who had a hasty exit, who keeps getting ping ponged all over the place.

1644585938141.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom