Braketology 02.08 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Braketology 02.08

Reaction Score
I think that who we play between South Carolina and Stanford is a wash quite honestly. I don't think the Huskies match up with either team particularly well as currently constituted. Getting everyone back and getting them to play at peak efficiency will be absolutely necessary to get past either of those teams.

Reaction Score
I haven’t had a chance to watch Michigan play and I am wondering if they are really are a 2 seed. The reason I ask is I have seen Baylor and I am not impressed so if Michigan is a pretender Stanford has a really light bracket.
Michigan is almost sure to be #5 in the committee rankings on Thursday so they will definitely be a 2 seed.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Michigan does look pretty good.......I would rather face SC than Stanford.
Having played them already, and knowing what they can or cannot do could be helpful.

Reaction Score
Nothing is a certainty. We've lost to AZ, MSU, ND over the past couple years in the semi-finals. But as long as we are not in the same regional as USC and Stanford, I would feel pretty good about making it to the Final Four. All that assumes we are healthy and have figured out how to integrate all our injured folks into the lineup.

Reaction Score
WHAT?!?

ASU beats Oregon State (who then lose to UArizona) AND Oregon and Oregon State is in and Sun Devils are out?

Really? Clearly Charlie Creme is . . .Colorado in? (losers of 6 out of their last 8! The Buffs might not win again.) ASU beat them too!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if tickets can be bought for the 1st two rounds of the tournament in Storrs?

Reaction Score
Quick question if UConn does make it to its 14th straight Final Four would you rather be facing South Carolina or Stanford assuming they advance as well?
They are both hard outs, no question.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
In 1991, UCONN upset NC State, which had its best team ever up to that time. In 1998, NC State beat UCONN to advance to its only Final Four.

Now, NC State again has its best team ever. It would be only fitting if NC State and UCONN were to meet with a Final Four berth on the line.

Still lots of basketball to be played in the next month before we get to NCAAT. But, definitely looks like UCONN has cemented a spot in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Michigan does look pretty good.......I would rather face SC than Stanford.
Having played them already, and knowing what they can or cannot do could be helpful.
The key, IMO, to beating SC is to control Zia Cooke. Boston is just to good to control but if UConn can put pressure on Zia SC is beatable. Watch the Mizzou game and see what happens if you can break down SC volume shooter!

Reaction Score
South Carolina, Stanford and even NC State could be scary to meet with. But the thing with UCONN is no one has seen their potential. If we can get everyone back, keep everyone healthy they’ll be scary. The talent this team has is deep…and on any given night PB, CW, Azzi, CD could drop 25. That’s hard to match up with. Then with our posts we have AE, ONO, Dorka who if they’re hitting their midrange jumpers and staying out of foul trouble….tough. I like this team at full strength a lot. We have the pieces.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t it be fun to see Geno vs Carla in the second round in Storrs? Princeton would have their share of fans among the UConn faithful

Heh heh heh, Tennessee in Bridgeport. :)
Pretty sure Vol Nation saw this current bracket setup and are quite pleased with the current look. ;) :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reminder: Don't take any team lightly. Both Tennessee and N.C. State are good teams, though they have limitations. The good news is they are not South Carolina or Stanford, and we are in Bridgeport. Ohio State should not be taken lightly either.

Remember what happened when we were heavily favored over Mississippi State and Arizona! Beware of karma!

Reaction Score
I haven’t had a chance to watch Michigan play and I am wondering if they are really are a 2 seed. The reason I ask is I have seen Baylor and I am not impressed so if Michigan is a pretender Stanford has a really light bracket.

With so many upsets this season, anything is possible. Stanford might look like they have a light bracket on paper but on the court is where it matters. That is a tough bracket. Michigan is worthy and deserving of that #2 seed. Heck all of these brackets are tough, if teams are not locked in and focused.

Reaction Score
The key, IMO, to beating SC is to control Zia Cooke. Boston is just to good to control but if UConn can put pressure on Zia SC is beatable. Watch the Mizzou game and see what happens if you can break down SC volume shooter!

Zia has shot bad in other games and SC still won. Not saying you’re wrong but completely focusing on shutting her down isn’t the only answer. I’d also argue that SC’s bench and defense has made a whole 360 since that game. The bench has been picking up where the starters left off and that’s going to make them even tougher to beat in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Quick question if UConn does make it to its 14th straight Final Four would you rather be facing South Carolina or Stanford assuming they advance as well?
I don’t believe it really matters.
I think that SC is superior physically and Stanford is guided by a steadier hand and is a more discipline team.
Despite this, UCONN’s SENIOR TRIAD stated their mission almost one year ago.
Geno will have a plan.
And they will be ready.
It will require superhuman effort to knock them out in the semis.
Just get there.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I lived in Ann Arbor until retirement last summer and have seen a couple of games on tv this season. My judgment is that they are a solid team, improved from last year, that has more guns than just Hillmon. They shoot decently, and rebound well because they usually play with high energy. And their passing is pretty crisp.

I’m not certain they should be a 2 seed but if they are, they should be #8 overall IMO.

Reaction Score
“A healthy UConn” — I keep seeing that phrase.
What is the realistic probability of everyone (sans Aubrey) being healthy and playing at 90+%?

The Tenn game was a rarity as 3 whole players were at/near their best. Seems like you want 6 or 7 at that level to win an NC.

Reaction Score
“A healthy UConn” — I keep seeing that phrase.
What is the realistic probability of everyone (sans Aubrey) being healthy and playing at 90+%?

The Tenn game was a rarity as 3 whole players were at/near their best. Seems like you want 6 or 7 at that level to win an NC.
Yes, and …?

Reaction Score
I am confused. We were assured by posters that UCONN would not be allowed to be in Bridgeport because it would be unfair for the #1 team. We were told by these posters that UCONN would be a 2 seed to Stanford. How can this be?

I cannot recall who it was that said UCONN would be in Bridgeport... (mainly for economic reasons...).... This is an interesting change...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom