Braketology 02.08 | The Boneyard

Braketology 02.08

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
BTW very respectable for the BE. 4 teams in - UCONN, DePaul, Creighton and Marquette. I do believe all 4 are deserving, but Marquette and Creighton need to be careful down the stretch. Marquette is literally the last team in the big dance at this time per Charlie.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

If this were to come true, and long odds of that happening, Bridgeport looks like a cruise to the elite eight and a very winnable game to get to the Final Four. And that's if the Tennessee game is the beginning of something special and not just a bright aberration. With a healthy Paige and the team firing on all cylinders, it would be a straight path to the championship game. (I do dream in a perfect world)

Reaction Score
If this were to come true, and long odds of that happening, Bridgeport looks like a cruise to the elite eight and a very winnable game to get to the Final Four. And that's if the Tennessee game is the beginning of something special and not just a bright aberration. With a healthy Paige and the team firing on all cylinders, it would be a straight path to the championship game. (I do dream in a perfect world)
I dunno about straight path to the Championship. We'd have to get through South Carolina, who will be tough even with Paige back. You made a good point too - I REALLY like our chances if this last game is the start of something.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I dunno about straight path to the Championship. We'd have to get through South Carolina, who will be tough even with Paige back. You made a good point too - I REALLY like our chances if this last game is the start of something.
Riiight! I didn't even look at who the semifinal could be. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Have talked about Dominos needing to fall...in the right way...for UCONN's ranking/seeding/bracketing to work out as we all want to see. Seems those Dominos have fallen, and we've gotten there a little faster than I thought. Now need to hold what we got by winning out and some of the others in the 2, 3 and 4 lines doing their share to not make it easy for the Committee to come up with another plan. The next Committee reveal is scheduled for Thursday (2/10) evening.

GO HUSKIES!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
2D11244E-841F-4F5C-8DBA-8D44F164C8C9.jpeg

Ahhhh, that just feels better.

Reaction Score
I know it's easy to take Tenn lightly given Sunday's results, but they clearly are crashing right now. Dealing with loss of Green, Burrell & Horston having chemistry issues, Burrell & possibly Key not 100%. If they can recover (hopefully not :)) , they'd be better in March.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t it be fun to see Geno vs Carla in the second round in Storrs? Princeton would have their share of fans among the UConn faithful

Heh heh heh, Tennessee in Bridgeport. :)
Tennessee will be able to avoid the #2/3 matchup if they don't avoid the remaining minefields between now and SECT championship game...

Reaction Score
I know it's easy to take Tenn lightly given Sunday's results, but they clearly are crashing right now. Dealing with loss of Green, Burrell & Horston having chemistry issues, Burrell & possibly Key not 100%. If they can recover (hopefully not :)) , they'd be better in March.
That's what my hope is. The defense is the biggest issue. Leaving shooters wide open is inexcusable. And truthfully, Tamari has not been playing defense the last few games like she did earlier this season...like she's afraid of getting called for fouls. The bench posts need to step it up, Key needs to play fearlessly, and Rae needs to hand the damn game ball over to Horston. If they can do this, I think they can reverse course and make a strong tournament showing.

Reaction Score
I think TN has more room to fall. I felt they were overrated as a 1 seed, and see them eventually being a 4 or 5 seed come tournament time
They weren't overrated at the time the reveal was announced. They had as good a body of work to support it as any other team: I think 9 top 50 wins. They've lost 3 of 4 since the reveal, so clearly the aren't in consideration for #1 now.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Tennessee will be able to avoid the #2/3 matchup if they don't avoid the remaining minefields between now and SECT championship game...
I just like the idea of making Tennessee return to Connecticut. Tennessee seems like an emotional team and it might get under their skin. Anything that might give the Huskies an advantage, no matter how small, is okey dokey with me.

Reaction Score
Fun to talk about but too many things can- and probably will happen. All the teams above us and directly below us have tough conference regular season and playoff games yet to play. Higher rated teams could fall. Lower rated teams could move up with an upset. We could win out (which we will) and get to 6 or we could win out and fall to 10. 2 seed or 3 seed.

Reaction Score
This Bracketology would be an ideal scenario for UCONN.
But if the the final reveal changes the brackets, which is more important for the Huskies? The region or the seeding?

Reaction Score
If Paige returns by tournament time, her presence in the lineup will be noted by the committee.
If UConn wins out for the season and BE tournament I am confident they will be a 2 seed in
Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Quick question if UConn does make it to its 14th straight Final Four would you rather be facing South Carolina or Stanford assuming they advance as well?

Reaction Score
I haven’t had a chance to watch Michigan play and I am wondering if they are really are a 2 seed. The reason I ask is I have seen Baylor and I am not impressed so if Michigan is a pretender Stanford has a really light bracket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom