Bouknight gets the boot | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Bouknight gets the boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What is unigue about this situation to me is how we all have a different opinion or perception of this situation. I went with a group of people to the game, all of us in our early 40's age wise and thought, that it was great to JB in the house. After the game we discussed the way he conducted himself early on. He appeared immature and borderline punk, was not a good look for him or the Uconn basketball family in our opinion

Reaction Score
Crazy thought...Does anyone think the Hornets would fine him for detrimental behavior that makes the team look bad especially since it went to ESPN?

Reaction Score
I root for James but that is personal.
I was 10 steps away from him. He was all over the court and out of bounds.
Is Charlotte mismanaging him or are they trying to show him how to be a man?
SMH.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Crowd was great.
Bouk, immature and not ideal, far from end of the world.
Team played awesome first half, struggled in second and then gutted out a solid win.
Halftime was great and everyone tied to UConn should be proud... the student section sat quietly and intently watched the presentation, which was impressive. Not sure I would have been so mature as a student.

Reaction Score
Well, that was... weird? Anyone there know what happened?

Thought it could have fired up the team but the turnovers continued unabated.

This was hilarious though.

Great crowd.

Booknight was stepping onto court talking to Xavier players and was warned multiple times by referees before being tossed UConn representative walked him away from floor seats and he went up to student section

Reaction Score
I think it’s a positive that a former player who left early is back to root for the team with such enthusiasm. And getting the students fired up is another positive.

Reaction Score
I think it’s a positive that a former player who left early is back to root for the team with such enthusiasm. And getting the students fired up is another positive.
Yeah there is a way to be enthusiastic without acting immature.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Here's my spin: Bouk came to see Richie Springs, and when he realized Richie wasn't getting any run, he decided to head up to the student section after asking the ref to hold tight ;) ;)

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Why don't y'all understand that what he did to get tossed may have been wrong, but what followed was epic?

He abused his privileges to sit on the bench. He left when told to do so.

I don't get why anyone thinks this is more than what we all saw in the video posted in this thread. He's a 21 yr old kid. He left the bench when told to do so. The ref never looked back, but had to know where he ended up, but didn't care.

If this isn't the start of tournament mojo, I don't know what would be.

Reaction Score
I understand your point but evaluation of athletes is different than attorneys or other executive types IMO. An athlete‘s off court/field actions need to be egregious to impact their career if their on court ability is high enough. If u r trying to hang on maybe this matters but for top level guys I doubt it
Fully agree that the more talented the individual is, the more bending of the evaluation evaluators are willing to make.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if he could see it, but from where I was sitting - I could see into the tunnel opposite where our players go in/out - and the ref was motioning for the staties to come deal with it - there were 4 of them en route. That might have been enough to get him to move. Once they got up to leave the staties stopped advancing. It could have turned ugly - best for all that it didn't.

For me - bottom line is that he deserved to be kicked off the floor, it was cool for the kids that he went to the student section. It was a minor disruption to the game, and everyone that thinks this a travesty or the most epic thing that ever happened needs perspective. It's a minor bit of interesting clickbait.

As to what it means for JB and the league? I'm not smart enough to even guess. And I try not to pass ultimate judgement on people I don't know.

Reaction Score
It’s cute that you imply that a multibillion dollar organization like the NBA has no support structure in place to help its players navigate life as a celebrity athlete making millions.

Here’s just two examples of the many that are involved in guiding and mentoring these young men:

For the NBA as a whole (I assume you know her personally since Drummond is featured in this article?)—

Keep on Chiefin’
Nice article. She sounds like a caring and competent person. Hope she doesn't burn herself out.

Only thing is that a player has to recognize when he needs help, and then ask for it. Also , it seems to me that the players around the player needing help, have a responsibility to watch out for their brethren too.

Reaction Score
Why don't y'all understand that what he did to get tossed may have been wrong, but what followed was epic?

I don't get why anyone thinks this is more than what we all saw in the video posted in this thread. He's a 21 yr old kid. He left the bench when told to do so. The ref never looked back, but had to know where he ended up, but didn't care.

We have some serious board curmudgeons who just hate fun.

Reaction Score
I dont see the big deal at all. He listened to the ref, he checked with security to go into the student section.

Keep in mind this is the first time he is seeing his buddies on campus, who are the same age as him if not older, he is not a time schedule either as he isn’t a current UConn player anymore and he is on break from his current job.

Now would it be wise for Bouknight to try and not pickup technicals in future games he goes to yes.

Reaction Score
She's been at games for years. I think she's one of the operations people.

She has gotta he 6 ft and strong. Broad could kick most of our asses
She's probably taller than me but I think you and I could still take her, haha.

I like her and her get-up.

Reaction Score

I thought it was really weird when people kept saying he was kicked out of the building and we could've forfeited the game because of his actions but now we have people wondering if the Hornets will fine him.

He was told to leave his courtside seat, talked to the cop in the tunnel who gave him the okay to go into the student section. It was all pretty funny and awesome, this seems to be the only place that doesn't understand that.

Reaction Score
What is unigue about this situation to me is how we all have a different opinion or perception of this situation. I went with a group of people to the game, all of us in our early 40's age wise and thought, that it was great to JB in the house. After the game we discussed the way he conducted himself early on. He appeared immature and borderline punk, was not a good look for him or the Uconn basketball family in our opinion
Congratulations, you and your friends have just become honorary boomers per some of the dolts on here.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Met him at the Graduate last night. He was there after the game and was nice, calm and personable. Didn't appear to have been out partying or anything, and he was there this morning too. If I was 21, and back on campus with a paycheck like his... I would have raised a lot more hell then being asked to leave the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom