Bouknight gets the boot | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Bouknight gets the boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bouk was chirping at players his own age on a team that he played against a year ago? You guys seriously mad at that? Should he have done it? Maybe not. Do I see why he did? Yeah. For one there Might be some bad blood from last season or the other guy might have been talking trash to some of Bouk’s friends who are still playing for UConn.

The guy might be in the NBA but he’s still young and having fun. There was nothing criminal and I don’t think anything was done with malicious intent.
Right he’s still young, and he didn’t break a law. This must feel like spring break weekend for him coming back to Storrs.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
BREAKING NEWS: James Bouknight was thirsty 1 year ago. Morality and maturity level now up for debate.
I didn’t word my comment correctly I went to a game a few weeks ago, when he was injured with Charlotte, and this happened. I’m like the biggest Bouk fan on here. Just sharing a story because it does seem to be a bit of a trend of immaturity. Fairly typical of a 21 year old but the expectation is higher when you’re a professional.

Reaction Score
You are a bit crazy but I think that’s what’s people like about you. I’m happy James came out to support the team and stayed until the end to celebrate. i hope he comes back.
Tonight Show What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reaction Score
It was a fun entertaining moment at a sporting event. A minor transgression made into a positive via trip to student section, the student interactions and gesture is the part that will live on. Otherwise I’ve got some secret works of wisdom, Let it Be.
If you have ever officiated a basketball game, you know a fan going on the court is NOT a minor transgression. I did a high school game once where a fan sitting in the first row of bleachers had his legs fully extended. Of course I didn't know that, since my eyes were on the players, where they belonged. I tripped over him, did a nasty pratfall, and could have been seriously hurt. I wasn't, but told him at the next stoppage of play to keep his feet off the court. He complied. Not a millionaire adult, a high school kid, had to be told ONCE.

Reaction Score
If you have ever officiated a basketball game, you know a fan going on the court is NOT a minor transgression. I did a high school game once where a fan sitting in the first row of bleachers had his legs fully extended. Of course I didn't know that, since my eyes were on the players, where they belonged. I tripped over him, did a nasty pratfall, and could have been seriously hurt. I wasn't, but told him at the next stoppage of play to keep his feet off the court. He complied. Not a millionaire adult, a high school kid, had to be told ONCE.

Kid is an inspiration.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Last night's behavior WAS NOT PART OF SOME PATTERN, even if he doesn't like his NBA coach

WILLIE SAY JUST STOP

Willie don't think it's smart for Willie to say the same thing scores of times thinking Willie is going to change minds.

Reaction Score
Some have more info than others on Bouk and the team dynamic. I think that needs to stay confidential. He was and is a young kid. I don’t want to start digging up rumors and referendums on the kids character(no implying you were, just in general). It was harmless. Can we please just let it go. Bouk provided so much for our program. Let it go and let him be young.
What did he provide for our program? He was here a minute and was bad in our loss to Maryland in tourney. Let's not make it out that he is on the list of Husky all greats.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a bit classless. If Bouk was such a homer and bleed Blue, why didn’t he sit in the student section from the start of the game? What if Corey Floyd Jr went back to his middle school and started talking trash to an eight grader and was removed from the game by an official.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If your connections run so deep, go help the kid then. Get off of a message board swirling around insinuations about the young man.

That’s just it though, they don’t. He’s some weirdo 60 year old guy who is desperate for a board of basketball fans to be believe he has connections and tries to prove it by posting vague cryptic junk in the third person.

Reaction Score
Unless you're the hornets GM, interesting promise to make. I've evaluated employees for two decades. If at a firm party an employee kept ignoring demands from a bartender until he was told to leave, I guaranty you the people who make decisions would remember it.
I understand your point but evaluation of athletes is different than attorneys or other executive types IMO. An athlete‘s off court/field actions need to be egregious to impact their career if their on court ability is high enough. If u r trying to hang on maybe this matters but for top level guys I doubt it

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It absolutely is a security guard’s job to enforce the removal of a fan who was booted by one of the game’s referees.

It’s all about the chain of command.

My guess is the security guard might face repercussions for refusing to enforce it.

Ref never talked to anyone other than Bouk. Some of you are reading way too much into it.

Reaction Score
I had a great vantage point from Section 3 (which was my first time sitting there, underrated seats: we sat in the second row, which was a row of three seats and then just one seat below, plenty of room, easy access in and out for beers, bathroom, etc and I liked the angle of that spot).

IMG_9981.jpg

Here's a "Where's Waldo" shot I took once Bouk and Vital "blended into" the student section. Without getting too much into an editorial, my favorite part was when another courtside guy lost his crap after the ref kicked out Bouk/Vital...

Overall, it wasn't that big of a deal. Most of the people around me had no idea what was going on and it made the day for the students more fun.

Just capped off an overall very unique weekend in Storrs (also had to drive home on the Merritt in a snow squall).

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I had a great vantage point from Section 3 (which was my first time sitting there, underrated seats: we sat in the second row, which was a row of three seats and then just one seat below, plenty of room, easy access in and out for beers, bathroom, etc and I liked the angle of that spot).

View attachment 73515

Here's a "Where's Waldo" shot I took once Bouk and Vital "blended into" the student section. Without getting too much into an editorial, my favorite part was when another courtside guy lost his crap after the ref kicked out Bouk/Vital...

Overall, it wasn't that big of a deal. Most of the people around me had no idea what was going on and it made the day for the students more fun.

Just capped off an overall very unique weekend in Storrs (also had to drive home on the Merritt in a snow squall).
Vital never went up to the student section. He sat baseline by the bench the entire game.

Reaction Score
Vital never went up to the student section. He sat baseline by the bench the entire game.
Thanks for the correction. From my angle, it was hard to see who was who, especially with their coats on. There was a third guy there too who I didn't recognize.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
She's been at games for years. I think she's one of the operations people.

She has gotta he 6 ft and strong. Broad could kick most of our asses
She’s been known to shout “shame” and now owns an English football club.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Seems he deserved to get tossed. No big deal. No stain on his rep. Moving to the student seats was a boss move. Man of the people and I’m sure it further endeared him to those young fans. Helped charge up the atmosphere. A bit of a reminder that…we are UConn.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
I do believe that AD Mr. Benedict would not describe this incident as "no big deal". Very embarrassing being seen on national TV. More than one person on this thread observed Bouk being warned mutiple times concerning his conduct. Maybe the woman sitting next to him was placed there to keep him under control.

Sitting court side and talking trash to Xavier players is, at the least, immature.

Get those throwbacks ready for Villanova!
Believe ref just wanted Bouk to leave courtside seat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog