Billy Donovan to Kentucky? NM | The Boneyard

Billy Donovan to Kentucky? NM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ain’t happening.

Why would Danny want to coach at a school that reportedly had fans that during the 1950s and early 1960s would spit on the visiting team’s African American players as the visiting players walked under the bleachers to reach the court?

Reaction Score
If they don’t get their top guy (Dan), 2nd guy (Oats), 3rd guy (Donovan) or even their 4th guy (Drew)… after being spurned by Cal (albeit likely mutually)….

It will say about their program, what they tried to say about us by going after Hurley.

You aren’t the top dogs today my blue-blooded friends, and your blue-blood doesn’t run quite as blue as ours.

Cin Cin

Reaction Score
If they don’t get their top guy (Dan), 2nd guy (Oats), 3rd guy (Donovan) or even their 4th guy (Drew)… after being spurned by Cal (albeit likely mutually)….

It will say about their program, what they tried to say about us by going after Hurley.

You aren’t the top dogs today my blue-blooded friends, and your blue-blood doesn’t run quite as blue as ours.

Cin Cin
I think they whiff on drew and hire golden

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ain’t happening.

Why would Danny want to coach at a school that reportedly had fans that during the 1950s and early 1960s would spit on the visiting team’s African American players as the visiting players walked under the bleachers to reach the court?

What are you talking about here? How is Danny relevant to Billy Donovan?

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Reaction Score
I could see it. Donovan's career has gone sideways in the NBA and he could win big at Kentucky and get paid. Seems like a smart career move to me.

Reaction Score
The comments here about money always make me wonder about the kind of lifestyle to which Boneyarders have become accustomed.

Specifically, statements that would suggest Billy Donovan has no money and would need to go to Kentucky............

Reaction Score
Ain’t happening.

You do realize its 2024 and garbage like that at that time happened just about everywhere. Point being this thread was talking about Billy Donovan not Hurley.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Ain’t happening.

FYI this INANE post is being repeatedly posted on the UK message board, so thanks for making us look like the classless fans.

Did you just wake up from a coma? They’ve had 9,000 black players since then.

Reaction Score
I live amongst many kentucky fans. Many. And despite what some may feel about the team, I can usually count on the fans to talk knowledgeably about the sport.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Hurley seems to be a man bound by loyalty. He is clearly appreciated and compensated fairly by the university. I doubt he would leave us for any other college program - the NBA in a few years? Maybe, but not UK.

P.S. I looked at their board and wow, they’re a delusional bunch. Money this, history that, blue blood brand, etc. I have to say, taking two championships from them may be just as satisfying as taking them from Duke.

Reaction Score
Ain’t happening.

You sounds dumber than the average Kentucky grad

Reaction Score
Biggest concern with Hurley, and he is smart, is if he sees the college economic landscape leaving UConn behind and being massively disadvantaged. Greenberg just came out with a massage piece this morning on Get Up. That said, unlikely to impact Hurley in the next 4-5 years, of which he may then be ready to take an NBA job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom