Big East OOC 2.0 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC 2.0

Reaction Score
Serious question, I know Curbello had the concussion issues, but why does he wear those orange glasses now? Does he have some sort of permanent side Effects from the concussion?

Reaction Score
seton hall down early to a DII school...
Man they seem really not very good, is that just me? They were pretty talented when we were gone obviously with Powell but even these last few teams had some real nice pieces. This seems like a team of mostly 6th men types?

Reaction Score
My predictions right now:
Lock: UConn
Should be good: Creighton, Xavier
Leaning in: Marquette
Bubble: St. John's, Providence, Nova
Not looking good: Seton Hall, Butler
See you next year: DePaul, Georgetown
Nova should be in and will likely compete for the Big East title. The record before Cam Whitmore and Justin Moore will be a footnote.

Reaction Score
Serious question, I know Curbello had the concussion issues, but why does he wear those orange glasses now? Does he have some sort of permanent side Effects from the concussion?
Concussions are a form of TBI. Most TBI patients suffer from significant issues with photosensitivity, as well as issues with excessive visual input like in a sporting event. Tints help with this; his looks more dark rose which would usually be an FL-41 tint. My guess would be this helps with the lighting in the arena and cutting down on a lot of the visual “noise”

Reaction Score
Concussions are a form of TBI. Most TBI patients suffer from significant issues with photosensitivity, as well as issues with excessive visual input like in a sporting event. Tints help with this; his looks more dark rose which would usually be an FL-41 tint. My guess would be this helps with the lighting in the arena and cutting down on a lot of the visual “noise”
Wow thank you for breaking that down. Poor guy. I hope this eventually subsides for him. Kinda scary how a concussion can have such immediate long lasting effects like that.

Reaction Score
Wow thank you for breaking that down. Poor guy. I hope this eventually subsides for him. Kinda scary how a concussion can have such immediate long lasting effects like that.
Absolutely. They can have devastating long term effects, but he’s got world class neurologists and eye doctors around him; in the past he used to even have binasal occlusion on his glasses (frosted lenses on the nasal aspect of his glasses), but I haven’t paid attention if he has that anymore. Either way, hope it gets better for him because he was so fun to watch his freshman year

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
and Georgetown

Only 1 team in the BE Conference has a losing record. Just 1. nova.
They'll finish the OOC portion of their schedule at 6-5 IMO.

Reaction Score
and Georgetown! I just saw your earlier post.

Only 1 team in the BE Conference has a losing record. Just 1. nova.

Reaction Score
Nova should be in and will likely compete for the Big East title. The record before Cam Whitmore and Justin Moore will be a footnote.
Only one team will be competing for the Big East title this year, Nova will be competing to get into the second tier of the conference alongside Xavier and Creighton.

Reaction Score
Only one team will be competing for the Big East title this year, Nova will be competing to get into the second tier of the conference alongside Xavier and Creighton.
Don’t count your chickens yet! (And it takes at least 2 teams to compete).

Reaction Score
What's going on with Nova's recruiting?

Reaction Score
We hope so.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is not out of the question that the Big East catches the SEC as the #3 conference, at least in KenPom, as long as its #2 teams stop losing to teams like Nebraska. The SEC has a tough road in the next week.

Reaction Score
Saturday.

LIU at 5 UConn, FS1, 12:30pm- John Fanta, John Giannini
Line: UConn -40/143.5

Georgetown at Syracuse, ABC, 1pm -Kevin Brown, Sean Farnham
Line: Syracuse -9/144

Albany at Providence, FS1, 2:30pm - Dave Simms, Vin Parise
Line: Providence -21/140.5

Xavier at Cincinnati, ESPN2, 3:00pm -Jordan Bernfield, Jordan Cornette
Line: Xavier -2.5/151

Butler at California, PAC-12 Networks, 5:00pm -Roxy Bernstein & Mike Montgomery
Line: Butler-9/123.5

Boston College vs Villanova, FOX, 5:00pm -Jason Benetti, Jim Jackson
Newark, New Jersey
Line: Villanova -9.5/130

New Hampshire at St. John's, FS2, 6:00pm -Scott Graham, Jim Spanarkel
Line: St. John's -22.5/143.5

UTEP at DePaul, FS1, 6:30pm -Chris Vosters, Dickie Simpkins
Line: DePaul -7.5/138

BYU vs 21 Creighton, FS1, 10:00pm -Brandon Gaudin, Nick Bahe
Las Vegas, Nevada
Line: Creighton -10/145.5

Reaction Score
Saturday.

LIU at 5 UConn, FS1, 12:30pm- John Fanta, John Giannini
Line: UConn -40/143.5

Georgetown at Syracuse, ABC, 1pm -Kevin Brown, Sean Farnham
Line: Syracuse -9/144

Albany at Providence, FS1, 2:30pm - Dave Simms, Vin Parise
Line: Providence -21/140.5

Xavier at Cincinnati, ESPN2, 3:00pm -Jordan Bernfield, Jordan Cornette
Line: Xavier -2.5/151

Butler at California, PAC-12 Networks, 5:00pm -Roxy Bernstein & Mike Montgomery
Line: Butler-9/123.5

Boston College vs Villanova, FOX, 5:00pm -Jason Benetti, Jim Jackson
Newark, New Jersey
Line: Villanova -9.5/130

New Hampshire at St. John's, FS2, 6:00pm -Scott Graham, Jim Spanarkel
Line: St. John's -22.5/143.5

UTEP at DePaul, FS1, 6:30pm -Chris Vosters, Dickie Simpkins
Line: DePaul -7.5/138

BYU vs 21 Creighton, FS1, 10:00pm -Brandon Gaudin, Nick Bahe
Las Vegas, Nevada
Line: Creighton -10/145.5
predict 9-0
7-2 at worst. No telling what Georgetown does and Xavier/Cinci is too close to call

Reaction Score
GTOWN vs Cuse?
That’s a tough one for me - kinda want both to lose. But will hve to route for BE school.

Reaction Score
fun day of basketball today! missing the LIU game in-person because i am down with the flu, but it's not a terrible slate to be planted on the couch for.

i know others will disagree, but i can't wait to watch gtown-cuse and nova-bc, haha. will obv be rooting for the BE teams.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
fun day of basketball today! missing the LIU game in-person because i am down with the flu, but it's not a terrible slate to be planted on the couch for.

i know others will disagree, but i can't wait to watch gtown-cuse and nova-bc, haha. will obv be rooting for the BE teams.
Maybe you'll even get a live look at Louisville in Tallahassee. Feel better.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
GTOWN vs Cuse?
That’s a tough one for me - kinda want both to lose. But will hve to route for BE school.
You have always been an outlier with your animosity towards GTown. Story behind it?
Also welcome back "Scrote"!

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Georgetown basketball was once a hot ticket. Now it is giving them away.

The men’s basketball program once transformed the private, Jesuit school with just more than 3,500 undergraduate students into a national power and a national brand. Four decades later, the man at the centerpiece of that rise — because he was the dominant center on John Thompson’s teams — oversees that program from the sidelines. “There’s a lot of angry feelings amongst alumni and students and fans. I don’t think a lot of people care to follow this team. That desire kind of left a while ago.” There’s so much evidence of that. The latest data point: On the night the Hoyas gave away tickets to an arena that seats 20,356 people for basketball, only 3,526 folks showed up for free tickets. When the public address announcer introduced the Siena starters, the fans in the student section turned their back on the court and chanted, “Let’s go, Hoyas!” — a mock disrespect that is tradition. There were 19 of them...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom