Berry Tramel on WTIC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Berry Tramel on WTIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've never listened to the show before and I don't know who the host is.

He was completely unprepared and even after the interview, he was still lost.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I've never listened to the show before and I don't know who the host is.

He was completely unprepared and even after the interview, he was still lost.

Andy Gresh. Formerly a radio host in Boston and still does Pats coverage. Former URI footballer.

He isn't a CT guy, doesn't have any connection to UConn and apparently doesn't think his listenership does either.

Reaction Score
here's another angle: We all know that UConn has circled the horses & enforced a gag rule on commentary on CR. Thus, crickets out of Storrs about the goings on behind closed doors. Do you think that that gag rule has been extended to WTIC as the University's official broadcast partner for athletics? Or, is Gresch just a buffoon? Oh, wait....

Reaction Score
here's another angle: We all know that UConn has circled the horses & enforced a gag rule on commentary on CR. Thus, crickets out of Storrs about the goings on behind closed doors. Do you think that that gag rule has been extended to WTIC as the University's official broadcast partner for athletics? Or, is Gresch just a buffoon? Oh, wait....
If the gag rule has been unofficially extended to WTIC, why even invite the guy on? I highly doubt Tramel sought out WTIC to be on their show, so clearly they got him on. Wouldn't make senses if they were told by UConn to shut up.

Reaction Score
If the gag rule has been unofficially extended to WTIC, why even invite the guy on? I highly doubt Tramel sought out WTIC to be on their show, so clearly they got him on. Wouldn't make senses if they were told by UConn to shut up.
It was a FAIL just like the Courant's FOI request for one month instead of one year was a FAIL. It's a shame that we can't get anything from the media.

caw

Reaction Score
Andy Gresh. Formerly a radio host in Boston and still does Pats coverage. Former URI footballer.

He isn't a CT guy, doesn't have any connection to UConn and apparently doesn't think his listenership does either.

Well they may not now.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Gotta love TIC and their constant need to report traffic and weather every 3 GD minutes.
its maddening, there are constantly getting cut off by that damn traffic music. talk about amateur hour

Reaction Score
Well that was a waste.

Well, I'll take your word for it. I'm out of state. Although, I generally consider Gresh and D' Ambrosio to be congenitally dead from the up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just read the tweets (and piled on a bit, even if late). What a freaking moron. I may send an apology tweet to Tramel so he doesn't think the whole fanbase is as clueless as that idiot.

Reaction Score
I was flipping through radio stations on my commute home from work and happened to land on WTIC when I heard Trammel was going to be on the show. Had to be one of the worst interviews I ever heard in this history of sports talk radio, and that may not do that justice.

What was worse was the fact that afterwards, he decided to pick fights with UConn fans who were obviously upset with the fact that he brought in someone from Big 12 country and didn't ask a single question about UConn...on the flagship radio station for the Huskies....

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I was flipping through radio stations on my commute home from work and happened to land on WTIC when I heard Trammel was going to be on the show. Had to be one of the worst interviews I ever heard in this history of sports talk radio, and that may not do that justice.

What was worse was the fact that afterwards, he decided to pick fights with UConn fans who were obviously upset with the fact that he brought in someone from Big 12 country and didn't ask a single question about UConn...on the flagship radio station for the Huskies....

I can't listen to WTIC, but really, all of you who can need to call the station and get UConn fans hired for these jobs. Or at least people who can adapt to understand their audience.

Reaction Score
Well that was a waste.
I can't listen to WTIC, but really, all of you who can need to call the station and get UConn fans hired for these jobs. Or at least people who can adapt to understand their audience.
I don't know about WTIC, but I can guarantee Tramel would have said nothing of substance as it relates to UConn.
So you are no better or worse off than if Tramel had not been interviewed at all.

Reaction Score
I don't know about WTIC, but I can guarantee Tramel would have said nothing of substance as it relates to UConn.
So you are no better or worse off than if Tramel had not been interviewed at all.
Maybe, but not even asking the questions is unforgivable.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but not even asking the questions is unforgivable.
I am surprised Tramel didn't volunteer the information himself as he is known to voice his opinions on everything, no matter the subject.
Over the years, I have come to disregard anything he says because he is just talk and nothing more.

Reaction Score
Despite what you think of Tramel or perhaps anything from Oklahoma, he talks with Boren. For that reason alone I'm curious as to his opinions on potential expansion targets - ESPECIALLY UConn

Reaction Score
Despite what you think of Tramel or perhaps anything from Oklahoma, he talks with Boren. For that reason alone I'm curious as to his opinions on potential expansion targets - ESPECIALLY UConn

It doesn't take much to figure out who the expansion targets are should the Big 12 consider expanding.
That information is being studied by a private firm and none of us will know the outcome until May.
Boren (and Tramel) as well will know nothing until then.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
WTIC sports talk is the worst. Surprised that Tramel would even come on. There's no way that they have over 200 listeners on any given day

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Of course not. I know he couldn't get us some inside scoop. What I wanted was for him to experience passion and interest in UConn...to inform him. Instead we got the opposite. A narrative that will play to common belief that nobody here cares.

Reaction Score
My ears are still ringing from Gresh's screaming

Reaction Score
UT4 where do u stand on adding UConn?
I am not for the conference expanding, but if it comes to that, UConn (being the flagship university) would make the most sense. Geography would be a real problem though for the student athletes and for the fans and that is something that may have an impact on which schools get invited.
The other expansion candidates are what worries me the most. I really don't care to have conference partners whose name comes from a city or to have conference partners which are directional schools. Their academics are questionable as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Of course not. I know he couldn't get us some inside scoop. What I wanted was for him to experience passion and interest in UConn...to inform him. Instead we got the opposite. A narrative that will play to common belief that nobody here cares.

I understand that.
I have listened to some of Tramel's interviews in the past and he has a tendency to say what he thinks people want to hear.
He did that when he was interviewed by BYU radio and he had those folks all excited (for nothing). His idea was to have the Big 12 set up a scheduling alliance with BYU, eventually moving BYU to the Big 12 as a full partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom