Berry Tramel on WTIC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Berry Tramel on WTIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I wonder if the interviews he does with talk show hosts from Cincinnati or Salt Lake City are as uneducated about CR as ours are and don't ask a single question about the Bearcats or Cougars. I'm going to guess no.

And he's still going on about Florida State. I can't listen to this any more.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Only 3 teams from the league OK St originally joined are still around? Yeah we know that feels.

Lol I love that he said that. You know how many teams are still in the league we joined in 2004? ZERO. NOT A duckING ONE. Cry me a river.

Oh and asking about Florida State? Kidding me? Why is our own Connecticut media acting like we are not even an option?

Reaction Score
Gresh simply doesn't understand the whole GOR. It most have gone right over his head when Tramel mentioned it.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
I'll say it again. What a waste of an interview. Just off the top of my head...here are 5 questions better than his....
1. Who do you think are the front runners of getting in Big12?
2. Why would Uconn make sense in Big12?
3. What would be #1 reason of keeping them out?
4. When do you think decision will be made?
5. Will the vote need to be unanimous?

Dooley

Reaction Score
"We are happy to have Barry Tramel from the Oklahoman on with us to talk CR. Barry, Dooley McStitch here from Boneyard AM Talk Radio. How are you this afternoon?...

Great, wonderful. Barry, let's get right into it and talk about what UConn fans on this dial and everywhere here in the northeast wants to know. UConn. What are you hearing?...

I think we can all agree on that. UConn has certainly positioned itself to the top of the list, no question about that. What kind of sense do you get from fans of OU and the B12 about adding UConn?...

Well, if there is a fanbase in the country that understands how well UConn fans travel, it would be OU fans. You are right, they saw it first-hand at the Fiesta Bowl! (pause for Barry to chuckle and agree)...

You are right, it really was kind of ridiculous that UConn was painted in such a negative light by national media over tickets sold through the school. I think we can all agree that UConn Country represented very well that year. But I digress, back to the B12. How much would schools like Texas, with their Longhorn Network, and Oklahoma love to extend their brand into the heavily populated northeast?...

I don't believe it either. You have two mammoth schools and fanbases that nobody here out east really watches on a regular basis. And yes, you are right, playing UConn every year would certainly help change that!...

You know Barry, that's not a bad idea. Playing an occasional game at Yankee Stadium or MetLife would certainly give the conference a "shot in the arm" out here, like you said...

That's a great point, Barry. We haven't even begun to talk about basketball and the benefits of playing games in Madison Square Garden would have on B12 basketball...

You are spot on and have done your homework. Yes, MSG is UConn South. I'm sure you have seen a few games there with UConn fans stuffed to the rafters...

Speaking of homework, Barry. How much does academics play into expansion?...

Definitely. I agree with President Boren, academics are very important and you are right, UConn is the top school academically too. Sheesh, I'm beginning to see a pattern here Barry...

(Everyone chuckling) I know Barry! I wonder what is taking so long with the B12's invite to President Herbst too!!..

Okay, last question. Barry, who will be UConn's partner to the B12?...

Oh, no you didn't! But you're right...it really doesn't matter, does it?!?!?! OHHHH HAHAHAHAHA Barry! Well thanks for the time and we'll be talking soon and many more times in the future."

Reaction Score
image.png
Can't make this stuff up

Reaction Score
Wow, that was unbelievable. Not a single question about UConn.

THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE HERE WANT TO LISTEN TO HIM IS TO DISCUSS WHAT HE'S HEARING ABOUT UCONN

Tramel has to be thinking why the heck did they have me on again?

Or the reverse is true ...

Tramel may have insisted that he not get asked that specific question.

Reaction Score
Gresch is an idiot.

The only reason anyone cares about the B12 around here is UCONN and he doesn't even mention it.

That should have been the entire focus.
What an idiot.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
My god, he's doubling down, claiming some kind of awesome insight was drawn out. Wow.

Dooley

Reaction Score
My god, he's doubling down, claiming some kind of awesome insight was drawn out. Wow.

Yup.

"Hey, we learned the B12 is a mess!"

And these are the kind of guys that represent UConn in CR, asking these kinds of questions and getting these kind of "insights"? I feel that UConn needs to host a seminar with all of the local media and educate them on some of this stuff before interviews. Because learning today that the B12 is a mess (that we have already known since 2010) is Romper Room journalism.

Reaction Score
After about an hour of listening I had to call in and explain to him that FSU isn't going anywhere because of the GOR. Hopefully he can stop talking about FSU moving and creating a spot in the ACC but who knows.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Holy fachk! I see a 3 page thread on a legitimate Oklahoma reporter being interviewed by Connecticut's flagship radio station and get all excited for a whole lot of farging nothing! What a joke WTIC!

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Why can't the university just give @Dooley a microphone and let him handle this stuff?

Because Dooley is too knowledgeable. We are trying to be stealthy and throw everyone off our tracks. Make people think we aren't trying to get to a new league then WHAM! One day Bowlsby is at Gampel for a celebratory presser.

Hey it worked on Kevin McGuire.

Reaction Score
Dooley call him up tomorrow.
He'll read your tweets but then spin them to fit his argument. Calling is better. You need to go on there and stop him in his tracks and explain stuff.

I finally had to call to tell him that FSU ain't going anywhere because I didn't want him to keep throwing out that idea for the remaining hour.

Reaction Score
OH my god I just read all the exchanges. You guys broke the poor guy.

Not saying that it was unwarranted, but damn, that was hard to read. Like a savage gang beating.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it the more it pisses me off lol

Not the interview so much as the ridiculous responses on twitter.

"Listen guys I did 10 whole minutes of research on this 'conference realignment' to get these questions together, and now I've decided that the Big 12 is just too much of a mess. And anyway they're probably going to take Florida State and Arizona."

MattMang23

Reaction Score
He is the only media person who believes that the XII are going to take those schools. That should tell him that he's not exactly onto something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom