Beer | Page 235 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really nice Altbier from Tilted Barn. Crisp and light body with a nice malty flavor.
B6AB77C0-33B4-4D06-87D6-D86177595298.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This could make some one a soccer fan! Or maybe sample a game at least:

"Hartford Athletic announced one of the newest additions to Trinity Health Stadium is the Connecticut Craft Beer Garden. Located in the south end of the stadium, the Beer Garden will feature beers from seven Connecticut Breweries from all over the state including Alvarium Beer Company (New Britain), Back East Brewing Company (Bloomfield), Counter Weight Brewing Co. (Cheshire), Hog River Brewing Co. (Hartford), New England Brewing Company (Woodbridge), New Park Brewing (West Hartford), and Two Roads Brewing" (Stratford).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So here is a double IPA from Widowmaker in the home of Jim Calhoun, Braintree MA.

5326F805-8FA7-4E7D-9097-18919515B59C.jpeg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Tried a new brewery today. Had the porter and tried an IPA my wife got. Second Wind in Plymouth, MA, right downtown. Tiny spot with a small outdoor beer garden. Beers were good.
B15C6443-9DB1-4A00-BA5E-2C78F54C14BA.jpeg

Reaction Score
I used to trade IPAs with contacts all over the country until I realized that most IPAs have similar flavor profiles. I also discovered Fidens out of Albany. They are easily making the best IPAs by far in the Northeast (and I’m a fanboy of Trillium and Long Live). If you can get hands on their beers, you should. Magnificent.

2B1C3614-1655-42EE-8555-71C9C239B4B2.jpeg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I used to trade IPAs with contacts all over the country until I realized that most IPAs have similar flavor profiles. I also discovered Fidens out of Albany. They are easily making the best IPAs by far in the Northeast (and I’m a fanboy of Trillium and Long Live). If you can get hands on their beers, you should. Magnificent.

View attachment 75382
It’s amazing how we used to trade beers. I sent beers for things. I especially wanted some 3 Floyd’s. Since we had a house in VT I had decent access to Heady and Focal, which traded well. But now…I can scarcely comprehend the bounty at the local liquor store.

Reaction Score
Marlowe continues to pump out high quality beer across all styles. Somehow, Zac Ross is able to coax big flavor out of softer, less hoppy pales, IPAs and DIPAs. So drinkable compared to the hop bombs that have dominated the scene over the last five years. This one is a collab with Sean Piel from Twelve Percent (and formerly of Counterweight).

1832995C-E8DB-4D6A-8999-DBB83D0AEAB5.jpeg

Reaction Score
Marlowe continues to pump out high quality beer across all styles. Somehow, Zac Ross is able to coax big flavor out of softer, less hoppy pales, IPAs and DIPAs. So drinkable compared to the hop bombs that have dominated the scene over the last five years. This one is a collab with Sean Piel from Twelve Percent (and formerly of Counterweight).

View attachment 75941
Drank a lot of Marlowe last time I was in CT. A lot of good beer coming out of Twelve Percent.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll be making the annual trek up north soon and want to bring back some good CT beers. Not going to have time to go to breweries and get crowlers or growlers.

Looking for some good suggestions most package stores should have

Reaction Score
I'll be making the annual trek up north soon and want to bring back some good CT beers. Not going to have time to go to breweries and get crowlers or growlers.

Looking for some good suggestions most package stores should have
Agree with @8893 on CW Headway. It is the best and freshest of the most easily available at retail CT-brewed IPAs. But now that Twelve Percent Beer Project has opened the distro floodgates in-state, you can find most of their brands at quality wine/liquor stores from Greenwich to Stonington. I suggest anything IPA or lager/Pilsner from Marlowe. But if you like sweet fruited kettle sours, Skygazer and Abomination as well. Canned stouts go with Timber Ales. These are all brewed at 12%. West Hartford’s New Park is now distributing a few of their flagship IPAs/DIPAs at select retail accounts. Also quite good. And I have a soft spot for any Kent Falls lagers and pilsners, which are widely available.

If you’re going to be in a specific area of the state, I’m happy to offer close-by brewery recommendations.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Agree with @8893 on CW Headway. It is the best and freshest of the most easily available at retail CT-brewed IPAs. But now that Twelve Percent Beer Project has opened the distro floodgates in-state, you can find most of their brands at quality wine/liquor stores from Greenwich to Stonington. I suggest anything IPA or lager/Pilsner from Marlowe. But if you like sweet fruited kettle sours, Skygazer and Abomination as well. Canned stouts go with Timber Ales. These are all brewed at 12%. West Hartford’s New Park is now distributing a few of their flagship IPAs/DIPAs at select retail accounts. Also quite good. And I have a soft spot for any Kent Falls lagers and pilsners, which are widely available.

If you’re going to be in a specific area of the state, I’m happy to offer close-by brewery recommendations.
Nothing is close by Salem, but by all reports from my still beer-obsessed friends, Fox Farm is currently making the best beers in the state across all styles, a la Hill Farmstead.

Reaction Score
Nothing is close by Salem, but by all reports from my still beer-obsessed friends, Fox Farm is currently making the best beers in the state across all styles, a la Hill Farmstead.
Your friends are spot-on. I make the drive every few months to visit this beautiful brewery, which seems to never miss - even when they brew obscure European heritage styles that aren’t commonly made in the U.S. One huge bonus… Fox Farm sells by the can so one doesn’t have to commit to a four pack.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'll be in the central part of the state around Tolland county.

I'm pretty sure I've been to M&R liquors in Manchester and they had some decent beers. Looking at their website they say they stock CW Headway and some Kent Falls as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure I've been to M&R liquors in Manchester and they had some decent beers. Looking at their website they say they stock CW Headway and some Kent Falls as well.
Not my home turf, but if you’re going to be in the southern part of Tolland - like Hebron/Columbia area - it’s a no brainer to do the short drive to Fox Farm in Salem, where you can stock up on cans/bottles and get a pour. The place is magical.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Oh my God. M&R. Growing up in Manchester that was the spot. I could ride my bike there.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

View attachment 75941
The recent Replacing Memories knock my shoes off. My fave Ross brew so far.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

View attachment 75382
Someone recently told me that Fidens is The One.

So, now seeing they are Albany, and my wife and I now committing to a Bluegrass Music Fest in Durham, NY, this summer....I....I...I guess I'm telling here we're going to Fidens on Sunday on our way home (Yes, we'll have to go in the opposite direction of home.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The recent Replacing Memories knock my shoes off. My fave Ross brew so far.

I’m a huge fan of that beer. Zac is on a roll right now. Not a coincidence that his output has been even more spectacular and consistent since he relinquished the head brewer spot across Twelve Percent’s entire portfolio and is now focused solely on his own Marlowe beers. Paying huge dividends for him. He deserves it.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I’m a huge fan of that beer. Zac is on a roll right now. Not a coincidence that his output has been even more spectacular and consistent since he relinquished the head brewer spot across Twelve Percent’s entire portfolio and is now focused solely on his own Marlowe beers. Paying huge dividends for him. He deserves it.
Agreed. I had noticed he was off the big board a lot through the holidays and now, BAM...he is killing it.

Also killing it is Fat Orange Cat. Unreal brews so far in 2022. I just picked up the Quadzilla Belgian strong ale. A tasty malt bomb and tasty .

Reaction Score
Someone recently told me that Fidens id The One.

So, now seeing they are Albany, and my wife and I now committing to a Bluegrass Music Fest in Durham, NY, this summer....I....I...I guess I'm telling here we're going to Fidens on Thursday night when we get there.
Here’s my top 5 IPA producers in the Northeast:
1. Fidens (it’s a firm hold on first place)
2. Root + Branch (Long Island)
3. Trillium
4. Other Half (after a dip in quality in the first half of 2021, they are back to brewing bangers)
5. Long Live Beerworks (Providence)
Honorable mention: Ober Creek (Wappingers Falls, NY; District 96 (New City, NY); Fox Farm (Salem, CT); Troon (Hopewell, NJ); and in deference to @HuskyHawk … Treehouse (multiple locations )

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom