• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
008.png

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I actually had a CT beer recently. Pretty good. Hadn't had anything from this brewery before.

BCE32E86-A08A-4596-8332-2A29429CE256 (2).jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Always loved that, but a few bad batches when they switched brewing locations gave it some badwill.
Are they actually any good now? I've haven't been since pre-COVID and then it was hands down the local beer I've ever had.

Reaction Score
A personal favorite of mine, although quite a hike for people in CT is Schillings in Littleton, NH. A European style brewery, they still have IPA's for people who love them but their bread and butter is Czech style lagers, Bocks, and awesome Milk Stouts. Highly recommend the pilgrimage up 91 to Littleton in the summer, as the town is also really fun and a "top 10 small town" in America

Reaction Score
A personal favorite of mine, although quite a hike for people in CT is Schillings in Littleton, NH. A European style brewery, they still have IPA's for people who love them but their bread and butter is Czech style lagers, Bocks, and awesome Milk Stouts. Highly recommend the pilgrimage up 91 to Littleton in the summer, as the town is also really fun and a "top 10 small town" in America
I can’t like this post enough. Schilling is amazing. Rice lagers, italian pils, you name it. They make every crispy style under the sun, and do so exceptionally well. And if you enjoy hiking and old mill towns on the comeback, Littleton is the place to visit in the summer.

Reaction Score
Posted this one on the Instagram beer account this morning. The Riwaka-hopped variant of Marlowe’s Eager to Share. Limited distro throughout CT. Just a clean, flavorful pale when you don’t want to have your day disrupted by a higher ABV beer.

Attachments

• 01589456-7677-4928-80BB-E1CFE1F87594.jpeg
    01589456-7677-4928-80BB-E1CFE1F87594.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 85
Reaction Score
I can’t like this post enough. Schilling is amazing. Rice lagers, italian pils, you name it. They make every crispy style under the sun, and do so exceptionally well. And if you enjoy hiking and old mill towns on the comeback, Littleton is the place to visit in the summer.
They also do great (for the North Country) wood-fired pizza. The rest of the breweries around here a pretty good too; Rek-Lis and Iron Furnace are pretty standard NEIPA spots but Red Barn over in Danville is great and theres a sour brewery in St J's too; and seconded on the hiking here, White Mountains hikes and 4000 footers can't be beat (unless youre doing the Notch on a holiday weekend, then yikes)

Reaction Score
I'm in CT for the weekend, do I have to go to Kinsman to buy the Husky Hops beer? Would love some for the NCAAs.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
A beer for every NCAA team. They blew the Vermont choice. Should have been Foam. PC is correct. Bryant is the right brewery at least. Kansas they chose the one brewery I haven’t been to. UT I would have picked differently in Austin.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
They also do great (for the North Country) wood-fired pizza. The rest of the breweries around here a pretty good too; Rek-Lis and Iron Furnace are pretty standard NEIPA spots but Red Barn over in Danville is great and theres a sour brewery in St J's too; and seconded on the hiking here, White Mountains hikes and 4000 footers can't be beat (unless youre doing the Notch on a holiday weekend, then yikes)
Trips to the Whites are probably the thing I miss most about leaving New England. Spent a lot of time up there as a kid - my dad was actually looking at buying a motel up there year he passed. I'd already done 45 of the 4000s before I moved here in '02, but legs don't work anymore so likely will never get those three Bonds even if I do go back. There were no microbreweries of any note back then, but I sure wish Pittsburgh would get something that wasn't all IPAs or sours. That place sounds right up my alley.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm actually up in Myrtle Beach all week for a weeklong golf trip with some friends.

Been drinking the Helles Lager and Damn Yankee from Bluffton.

Hope you enjoyed the beer more than the UConn game
I’d enjoy anything more than the game. But I’m old. Seen a lot of winning. I’ll live.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Is there a Bart t-shirt reflected in the glass?
I’m actually wearing a UConn shirt today. But my Untappd pic is me and Chief Wiggums at Universal Studios.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom