So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Fat Orange Cat has Baby Elves out now. It was pretty tasty at 9%. The can has cats in Santa hats so I'm figuring it won't be around for long..

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Fat Orange Cat has Baby Elves out now. It was pretty tasty at 9%. The can has cats in Santa hats so I'm figuring it won't be around for long..
Debuted last year. It was okay. 1 4-pack and done.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hop Culture magazine selects Counter Weight as one of the 12 best breweries of 2021; Fox Farm's smoked Helles lager "The Cabin" as one of the 21 best beers of 2021.
Counterweight is my #1 CT brewery due to the incredible Stratagem IPA, their Stratclysm IIPA and a newer beer called Cities and Years. Love their Slumbering Behemoth stout (just out) and Void.

Fox Farm was my #1 as they have my overall fave CT beer...a September release called Near and Far, brewed with white grapes.

Marlowe's Artisanal Ales is #3. I am sipping on a glass of Blackout Jinx stout right now. So good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Counterweight is my #1 CT brewery due to the incredible Stratagem IPA, their Stratclysm IIPA
This is news I can use! I have to take a trip.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All the Treehouse beer we got arrived just before Covid. So I had exactly one of them so far. Today I'm giving it a go with Treehouse Bear. All from the comfort of my home office.

Not as good as normal. My sense of taste may be only about 70% back. Too much roasted coffee bitterness that isn't usually prominent in this beer.

Bear.JPG

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
All the Treehouse beer we got arrived just before Covid. So I had exactly one of them so far. Today I'm giving it a go with Treehouse Bear. All from the comfort of my home office.

Not as good as normal. My sense of taste may be only about 70% back. Too much roasted coffee bitterness that isn't usually prominent in this beer.

View attachment 72167
Was at the Charlton location earlier today. Bringing about 8 to the NYE get together tomorrow and will serve some "flights."

First time there. They have a lot of IPAs and Doubles. I'm more of a lager/pils guy but they had more than ample variety.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
70% from Covid?

I lost my sense of taste and smell due to Covid. Only started getting it back yesterday. It’s not all the way back.

Reaction Score
To anyone who ever gets the chance, mad scientist (Budapest) is doing really interesting things with beer, if you are in the region, check into it. Kabinet from Serbia is also solid.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Half Full in Bristol and 30 Mile Brewing in Old Saybrook are closing.

Reaction Score
Any luck finding in the States?

QUOTE="Travelman32, post: 4151577, member: 7597"]
To anyone who ever gets the chance, mad scientist (Budapest) is doing really interesting things with beer, if you are in the region, check into it. Kabinet from Serbia is also solid.
[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
Had so much good beer over the holidays. Most of it CT. beers, split a bunch of those Christmas variety packs from 12%- Abomination, Timber Ales, Marlowe, Hoof Hearted etc. Drove up to Hooker and Back East- liked the gelato girl orange creamsicle a lot, also had the double scoop Ice Cream Man and something else. Had some Counterweight.

Reaction Score
Half Full in Bristol and 30 Mile Brewing in Old Saybrook are closing.
Will miss 30 Mile: Their Aunt Virginia Double IPA is delicious as is Juicy Juicington.
Tailgate crew MAY have to attend an "Irish Wake" before the doors close on th 16th.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So my week at Disney World / Universal Studios saw me try beers in the parks. I won't count the ordinary (Jai Alai, Hazy Little Thing) or German beers at Epcot.

Sterling Rye. Big River Brewing. Big River brew pub at the Boardwalk. Nice amber ale with a bit of a spicy bite from the rye.

Kungaloosh Spiced Excursion Ale. Brewed by Concreate Beach, available at the Skipper's Canteen restaurant. Supposed to be African inspired, a spiced amber ale. Actually liked this quite a lot.

Reef Donkey. Tampa Bay Brewing. A good pale ale from the Harambe Market in Animal Kingdom.

Wizard's Brew. Carib Brewery. Available at both sides of Harry Potter Magical World at Universal. It's a solid milk stout with a hint of coffee.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
For anybody up in Massachusetts, I visited the Wormtown tap room at Patriot Place yesterday for the first time. Couldn't waste a holiday.
They had a new IPA call New Year, taproom only. Quite good. Buddah's Juice was on tap and is always good. I also tried a barrel aged version of Blizzard of '78. It was fine, but honestly not as good as the regular beer, which is one of my winter favorites. The Altbier was just ok. Lots of TVs with sports on, and overall quite a nice spot.

Reaction Score
Tried my first Husky Hops at the game.

Totally biased as I’m not of hazy IPAs in general, but it was definitely a milder version of the style and was quite drinkable.

Add even more bias as I’m a fan of Lil’ Heaven and would get that every time at Gampel.

Overall, not for me, but I can see why it’s a hit at the game. Their brewery seems pretty cool too. Love seeing local beers at Gampel!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Went to some breweries with friends from Western Mass on Sunday, so met in the middle. Started at Treehouse. They really have it running like a well oiled machine now and it's a great spot, with amazing beers. Next up was Altruist in Sturbridge. Really nice little taproom and the beers were decent. Last stop was Rapscallion, which was having a soft reopening of their taproom. Beer is old school if well made. Taproom is rustic, and reminded me of a tavern we used to go to in small town Vermont. Locals spot for sure.

6B048D3F-52F5-49EC-A16D-5455FAE3B35C (2).jpeg

Reaction Score
My wife and I got an awesome thank you gift from a student's family last week. In December, their daughter spent her twelve birthday sick with covid, pretty bad symptoms too. On her birthday, we dropped off some pies as a surprise.

Flash forward to Valentine's Day, her family surprised us with a "Misfits Market" box (basically a box they filled with Korean (mom's country of origin) and Indian (dad) delicacies as well as two cans of CT beer). Pretty awesome gift.

My favorite was Kent Falls Substrate, a dark lager. It did a good job walking the line between flavorful and too heavy...reminded me of a heavier, micro version of Negra Modelo (one of my favorite beers)...just wish is was a bit less smoky. A solid recommend, though I'd pick Negra Modelo every day.

1645541505452.png

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Kent Falls is really an excellent brewery - great variety, and not all hop bombs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom