So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
When William Shea stops running, we can all stop drinking.

Reaction Score
I'm in the process of doing a little home brewing. Started a Hefeweizen last week right before the day of the Florida game and when it is finished it will be dubbed "Husky Hefeweizen" .. Should be ready in about a month.

I'll make sure to post some pictures of the labels we're printing for it..

Reaction Score
We were in Nashville...but we're drinking sacreds for the guys...it was awesome...all other fans already hated us because we were Uconn fans...it was twice as hard on them listening to us during and after celebrating the Florida and Kentucky wins!!

Reaction Score
I have been in past years and it’s a blast. 50 breweries, 10 restaurants, live music, all you can drink for $30. You really can’t beat it. It's in the stadium concourse so it is covered but you get to wonder around The Rent all you want.

I have a big group of friends going this year.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I've gone the past two years, it is a great time! Haven't really seen a Uconn Football presence the past couple of years, hopefully that changes this year. Either way, I'll be challenging the hula-hoop girl to a hula-hoop off just as soon as I down my 10th beer or so...

Reaction Score
MilliniumPrince said:
I wish I liked beer. Couldn't someone organize a Vodka and Burgers Fest???

Or scotch and bratwurst?

Reaction Score
There are 2 things that I'm very passionate about, UConn Men's Basketball and CT craft beer.
Now that we're officially in the offseason for one, I start to concentrate on the other.

The Spring and Summer are perfect for beer drinkers, as there are about 2-3 beer festivals per month in CT and the surrounding areas.
I attend most of these beer festivals to try out all the different beers, and of course, the 3.5 hour drinking that goes with it.

Just wondering how many craft beer enthusiasts we have out there on the Yard, their favorite beers/breweries, and any beer festivals they attend?

Just to list a few of my favorite CT beers:
NEBCO Ghandi Bot (Double IPA)
NEBCO Fuzzy Baby Ducks (Single IPA)
NEBCO 668 (Belgian Ale)
NEBCO Sea Hag (Single IPA)
I'm "a little" partial to New England Brewing Company, but there are plenty of other great breweries and beers.

A few awesome upcoming beer festivals in case anyone is interested (I won't list them all)
Rising Pint (Rentschler Field)
CT Craft Beer Festival (Naugatuck)
American Craft Beer Fest (Boston, largest one on the east coast)
Burnside Craft Brew Festival (North Granby)
Delaneys Chili/Beer Festival (New Haven)

Reaction Score
I've mentioned it before in another brew thread but check out Beer'd in Stonington. Its a 'nanobrewery' only open Friday 5-9 and Sat/Sun 1-5. Check their facebook page for what they have on tap because they usually sell out quick.

Favorites- Whisker'd Wit, pretty much any of the IPA's but Grove Stand is fantastic

I also checked out Stubborn Beauty in Middletown last weekend. Some okay but a few pretty good ones. The Saison they have was the best I had there

And for a more commercial craft brew check out Blue Point White IPA if you ever see it. They only sell it in cans I believe and its pretty hard to find but one of my favorites

I went to the RI International Beerfest last month in Providence which is always great. They hold it twice a year in November and April.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Do you have to visit Nebco to try the Bot? Any places around Hartford carry or on draft? Eli Cannons? I like a few from T Hooker. They also just opened a new Test kitchen at Mohegan.

Reaction Score
Have you been to Half Full Brewery in Stamford yet? I know the guy who opened it but haven't been back to CT. to try it yet. Also The Brewery that was opening in Kent looks like it has a lot of potential, not sure if it opened yet.

Reaction Score
Who loves craft beer? Me! I used to go to these beer tasting festivals all the time but kids and family life have slowed that down.

The Beer Summit is another one in Boston - http://www.beersummit.com/. They just had one in April and they seem to do it every 6 months or so. It's held in the Park Plaza Castle in the Back Bay, which is smaller than the Seaport World Trade Center which will host the American Craft Beer Fest. That one is huge.

Happy drinking.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
If you go to NEBC and like their beers, you'll love Two Roads in Stratford. Also nearby and just across the border in Elmsford NY is Captain Lawrence. Personally I like those two best for local brews and the tasting rooms are fun. Take a road trip up to Waterbury VT for Alchemy and Hill Farmstead in Greensboro (near the Cabot cheese factory in Craftsbury). SOme of the best hoppy beers in the US within a few hours drive (well, 4 hours).

Reaction Score
Brass City Brewfest in late summer is always a great time, solid music, a lot of beers, and its usually a gorgeous day

Reaction Score
Just opened last year - Firefly Hollow Brewing in Bristol. They're located in one of the old manufacturing buildings off of Main St. Awesome tasting room. The place is laid out nicer than many regular bars....You can bring your own food. Usually 5 or 6 beers on tap at any one time. Their multiple IPA's and Red Lantern are nice.

http://fireflyhollowbrewing.com/

Just a bit older is Back East Brewing in Bloomfield. Their Mist Mountain IPA is superb. In cans already here in central CT stores.

Reaction Score
I agree with Drumguy. Two Roads in Stratford is an excellent new brewery. I was lucky enough to visit them when they premiered their "Igor's Dream" imperial stout. Adding to the experience, they have food trucks out front daily, including the always wonderful Fryborg. I'd recommend a visit!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I thought I would give a bit of a shout out to a new place opening up in Nashua in June, which will be owned/run by UConn fans. The Craft Beer Cellar is a franchise that started in MA. I recently visited the franchise store in Waterbury VT and it was great. Came away with two four packs of Heady Topper as well. I plan to head up for the grand opening in Nashua.

Reaction Score
Just opened last year - Firefly Hollow Brewing in Bristol. They're located in one of the old manufacturing buildings off of Main St. Awesome tasting room. The place is laid out nicer than many regular bars....You can bring your own food. Usually 5 or 6 beers on tap at any one time. Their multiple IPA's and Red Lantern are nice.

http://fireflyhollowbrewing.com/

Just a bit older is Back East Brewing in Bloomfield. Their Mist Mountain IPA is superb. In cans already here in central CT stores.

One of the partners is a UConn Marching Band alum.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Two Roads is a very impressive facility brewing some great beers of their own and several others under contract for other brewers. Phil is doing an amazing job, and the market penetration they have been able to achieve within merely a year is stunning imo.

For hop heads like me, however, NEBCO is at a whole 'nother level with very few other brewers on the planet right now (Hill Farmstead and the Alchemist in VT, and a few others). Fuzzy Ducks (on at Eli's last night, and at Prime 16 in Orange tonight) is nectar of the gods, as is Supernaut (and Corilolis is right there, too). All three are only available on tap, and only occasionally; making for hours-long (not kidding) lines for growler fills at the brewery when they are on.

Ghandi Bot is available in cans, but it usually sells out on the day it is delivered to the package store because the hop heads in the area usually know it. Ask your local store to hold some for you or let you know when they get it in, otherwise you likely won't see it.

Reaction Score
For such a small state, CT is freakin' amazing when it comes to local breweries and brew pubs.

Anyone been to Top Shelf Brewing in Manchester????

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Don't forget City Steam. You can find Nurse & Blonde on Blonde all over CT now. Great restaurant space downtown. We had a Boneyard away game rally there, a few years back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom