Baylor Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some Thoughts on the Baylor game:
  • FANTASTIC WIN BY THE HUSKIES TONIGHT!!! EVERY HUSKY CAME UP BIG AT KEY TIMES DURING THE GAME. GREAT TEAM EFFORT!!!
  • To all my fellow BY’ers who stayed up way past our bedtime, we can sleep peacefully now, knowing that the Huskies have advanced to a record 29th straight Sweet 16 with a hard-fought win over a tough Baylor team.
  • Tonight was a game when UConn needed someone to be great and take over the game. Unfortunately, with Paige on the bench until next season, that player had to be AZZI FUDD, AND SHE DELIVERED MAGNIFICENTLY!!!
  • This is a different Baylor team then we are used to. They have a bunch of athletic guards who spread the floor and can shoot the ball. Baylor runs a lot of double-screens and sophisticated action to get open looks at the arc, and they are very difficult to defend.
  • All season we have taken for granted that Aaliyah had learned to play without fouling, something that plagued her at times during her first two seasons. Tonight, it came back like a bad cold that flares up after you thought you beat it. With Aaliyah on the bench, Aubrey stepped up tremendously on defense and with 12 rebounds in limited minutes to fill a huge void for the Huskies.
  • I think if Nicki Colen wore a jacket instead of a sweatshirt it would have ended up in the stands or on the court after the offensive foul call on Bickle against Aaliyah. :D
  • How big was Nika’s buzzer beater at the half, not to mention her 10 assists, tough defense and great leadership?
  • Lots of upsets today. But UConn wasn't going to be one of them. :cool:
  • Survive and advance. Bring on tOSU….

Reaction Score
Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 9.01.29 PM.png

Reaction Score
I think I like this win better than any of the last several. We took a hit in the first quarter and bounced back. And then Aubrey played like her hair was on fire in the 3rd and Azzi poured 16 points in to put paid on the Bears.

Baylor played a little over their heads in the first half, got all the long rebounds, made a ton of 3s, and then they ran out of gas in the second half. You could really see how tired they were. It was a good effort by those kids. But our kids just have a lot more gas in the tank and a lot of heart.

Reaction Score
I have to again sing the praises of MIKE's MANGO... It came through... I drank my share tonight to make sure the MOJO got to Storrs... and it did... Yes, I'm a bit buzzed, but that's ok... UCONN goes on!!! Sweet 16... and more!!!

Reaction Score
After the 1st quarter, this game was one of the most enjoyable to watch....everything came together in the 3rd quarter. Aubrey Griffin was super-woman tonight, Fudd got hot, and our defense showed Baylor who was boss. Nika delivered in leadership and assists.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Playing 7 without a drop off is such a huge advantage for them.

UConn should have an easier time with Ohio State. They aren't nearly as athletic and physical as Baylor.

This is the team we saw at the beginning of the year. A little tense at times but really fun to watch.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So did everybody notice the "hot vibration belt" that Aubrey was wearing whenever she was on the bench to keep her back loose? I think that whatever genius engineer designed that contraption should get a BIG Assist for the win tonight!!! :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Baylor was the team Boneyarders have been afraid of all season. Oh, we didn’t know it would be Baylor specifically but the specter of a perimeter oriented team with a bunch of quick guards scared the bejeezus out of a group here. Well, I guess we know the Huskies can win those games, too

Reaction Score
Well, that was a tough game.

Azzi came back big in this game, which was my favorite thing. CD, AG, and Dorka were also especially good this game. Nika had some excellent passes and AE was killing them in the paint until she had to sit down. Lou also hit some good shots.

I'm very glad that we were able to survive the potential upset and then end the game on a convincing note.

It was very nice to see the girls smiling and having a good time as they started to pull away and played solid UConn basketball. It was encouraging that even when AE was out and Nika had 3 fouls, everyone else rallied to get the W.

Reaction Score
The first year I went to the second round, the arena was half full. Now, every game after the first round is competitive. The sport has improved dramatically since Stewie graduated, much for the enjoyment of fans.

Reaction Score
Having Azzi back has obviously been a huge difference, but I honestly feel like having Caroline is almost as big. The team plays better with her out there and she is constantly making cuts or deflecting passes.

I feel pretty good about our chances with her out there.

Reaction Score
Aubrey and Caroline did so much in limited time on the court. Shows how much having a full team means. And Aaliyah/Dorka shooting percentage will take us a long way. Go get Ohio State, Dorka! Team win for sure.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
What a game!!!

UConn never wavered and Baylor kept on bombing away. Neither team getting a big advantage. Nika's buzzer beater 3 at the end of the 1st half made the difference. A spark to light the fire.

The second half was completely different. Azzi led the charge. Aubrey was a defensive wizard.

This team is looking very difficult to beat.

Now it's time for 2 fingers of bourbon!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Having Azzi back has obviously been a huge difference, but I honestly feel like having Caroline is almost as big. The team plays better with her out there and she is constantly making cuts or deflecting passes.
I agree, I think having just or CD out there isn't enough, you really need both of them back for it to be a full force punch of an offense. The team and offense just looks different when CD is on the floor. She has a real presence.

Reaction Score
Baylor was the team Boneyarders have been afraid of all season. Oh, we didn’t know it would be Baylor specifically but the specter of a perimeter oriented team with a bunch of quick guards scared the bejeezus out of a group here. Well, I guess we know the Huskies can win those games, too
I’ll be the first to admit that I was nervous going into this game because I thought Baylor’s guards would light UConn up from 3 and then draw fouls on the drives when UConn closed out on them. That was the case early, but HUGE props to EVERY UConn player for defending the perimeter in the second half. Baylor scored 24 points in the first quarter, but only 23 points in the entire second half. Defense wins championships.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom