Ayanna Patterson to Uconn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ayanna Patterson to Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Oh Baby, Thank You, Thank You; Life is good !
Connboy, my sentiments exactly!!! :p If there was one word to describe Ayanna it's............................"STUD"!!! And I mean that in a very respectful manner. Webster's definition of stud= b: a tough person.

I can't wait to see her and Aaliyah on the floor together. :) OMG. Can you say "nightmare"?..........................for our opponents that is.

She comes in with the makings for an elite shot blocker. She has two of the three attributes needed: Height, Hops and timing. You can't teach the first two.

You can't double team her, Amari or Ice. Who are you going to leave open?..........................Azzi or Paige maybe? :rolleyes:

What really endears her to my heart is: Jeter also noted Patterson hates losing. She'll fit right in with our current group of players.

What else appealed to Patterson? “Geno’s a straight-shooter,” Jeter said, relaying a conversation Auriemma had with Patterson’s father. “The thing that her dad really liked about him is he’s very honest. He pretty much said, ‘Hey, I’ve coached 100 of you. Look at the resume. If you want to be a pro, I have more than everybody.’ It wasn’t in an arrogant way, it was just, ‘If you want to be a pro, I can prepare you.’” “Ayanna has cried after every loss,” Jeter said. “I don’t think she’s going to cry much if she decides to go there. She won’t be crying too often. She just wants to be great.”

Remember back in his heyday when the "Doctor, Julius Erving" had that BIG natural, and it would bend back as he ran the floor, or go up for a dunk? Hers does the same thing, and reminds me of him. I hope she plays like him too. :D I think we all do!

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I love the connection to Tamika Williams...one of the most efficient/no frills player in UConn history.

And....her personality sparkled. I remember reading about CD writing a letter to her parents about Tamika's first few weeks in her frosh year. She said that by that time Tamika seemed to know everyone on campus except for one guy....and she was sure Tamika was tracking him down as she typed.

Wonderful news about Ayanna....got to look at some of her tape!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Celebrations are continuing here (sans chair)

chair dance gif.gif

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Shane Laflin's report:

"The coaching staff is genuine, and academic-wise, it's a great school and they have my major interests, which are graphic design and business," Patterson said. "The basketball speaks for itself with the championships and the tradition. With the teammates that will be there, I feel really comfortable -- Azzi [Fudd], Paige [Bueckers] and Amari [DeBerry). In looking past college, and with all of the WNBA success their players have had, that's where dreams come true."

Reaction Score
Is GA done now for 22 or is he recruiting anybody else?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"The coaching staff is genuine, and academic-wise, it's a great school and they have my major interests, which are graphic design and business," Patterson said. "The basketball speaks for itself with the championships and the tradition. With the teammates that will be there, I feel really comfortable -- Azzi [Fudd], Paige [Bueckers] and Amari [DeBerry). In looking past college, and with all of the WNBA success their players have had, that's where dreams come true."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
More Laflin:

The 6’3 forward, who plays for Ohio United of the adidas 3SSB Circuit, is a dynamic athlete with all the tools and skills a player could want. Athletically, it is hard to find a comparison in the country. Video has circulated of Patterson dunking the basketball off the dribble with two hands and off of two feet – a major rarity in the girls’ game.

She is one of those forwards who is comfortable away from the paint and has the ability to put the ball on the deck and push the ball in transition, but still punish opponents on post ups and on the offensive glass. As her three-point shot continues to become more consistent and she polishes her left hand, look for her to challenge for the top spot in the class.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
With a front court of AE, Ice and Ayanna, there will be very few rebounds available for the opposing team and if you add Azzi and Paige or Nika and Caroline Ducharme or Saylor and Paige, etc...5 headed monster on the court at all times...
Why does it seem everyone is sleeping on Amari DeBerry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom