Ayanna Patterson to Uconn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Ayanna Patterson to Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Better yet, the "suicide prevention hotline" number. :confused: :D
ND is in trouble. Losing Clark last year to Iowa and Ayanna this year to UConn continues a string of high profile recruiting misses. MM knew it was time to get out. So far, Ivey hasn’t been able to energize the program like many thought she could. WBB at ND is in danger of following the same pattern of MBB at ND.

Reaction Score
Nothing against AP, but would like to some bigger post players choose UConn...Need some balance with inside-outside game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Local article:

Patterson said she told Auriemma, who has won 11 national championships with the Huskies and is an 8-time National Coach of the Year, of her decision on a recent phone conversation. It was a normal catch-up call from the Huskies coach, until Patterson informed the coach she'd be committing to play in Storrs, Connecticut.

"He was like, 'Are you serious?'" Patterson said of Auriemma's reaction. "I said, 'Yes, I'm in, 100%."

"It's a big relief," said Patterson, who will study graphic design and business in college. "Just to have an answer to the question of where I'm going. I'm going to UConn."

Reaction Score
Ayanna dunks.....

Attachments

• Patterson Dunk Front.JPG
    Patterson Dunk Front.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 293

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
so the big question is will Geno allow AP to dunk in a game? ONO has the dunk in her arsenal but I've never seen her attempt one in her career so far.......
Geno has no problem with his players dunking in a game, but what he has made clear to Stewie and perhaps others is, “If you are going to try to dunk in a game, you better make it.”

Reaction Score
Nothing against AP, but would like to some bigger post players choose UConn...Need some balance with inside-outside game.
Dang, UConn has the two best forwards--perhaps players--in 2022 coming in and you're worried about getting bigger?

Just enjoy it. This is an enormous get for UConn.
BostonBay is obviously still very very upset we lost out on "generational" player A. Boston.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
ND is in trouble. Losing Clark last year to Iowa and Ayanna this year to UConn continues a string of high profile recruiting misses. MM knew it was time to get out. So far, Ivey hasn’t been able to energize the program like many thought she could. WBB at ND is in danger of following the same pattern of MBB at ND.
If she were really wise she would've gotten out the year before. As it is, her name now forever presides in the record books over the dumpster fire of a team that finished with an ignominious losing record, ineligible for consideration as an NCAA or even WNIT at-large team. And then she "retires" and leaves Niele to clean up her unholy mess.

I sooooo want to post a certain GIF, but I'm too busy happy-dancing still. Bring it Ayanna!

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Next year in the post, we’ll have
ONO - 6’5”
Gabriel - 6’5”
DeBerry - 6’5”
Edwards - 6’3”

Then add 6’4” Brady in 2022.

I think we’re finally okay.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Pickup for Geno. A huge shock based on what many were saying before Ayanna committed. If I knew, that Tamika Williams was married to her HS Coach, I wouldn't have been surprised/shocked.

IMO Geno needs to get a Quick/Athletic Guard that plays defense and able to get to the rim to fill out the class.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Veteran, no need to scour the web for news of this nature. Just come to the Boneyard. We've got some "crack" news hounds here. 90 seconds after a coveted recruit's reveal, the decision will be posted here. ;)
We are all slowing down with age. Used to be that the Boneyard was a good hour ahead of any news wire, facebook post, instagram. Oh, well. I guess we still get by pretty well. :eek:

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Great Pickup for Geno. A huge shock based on what many were saying before Ayanna committed. If I knew, that Tamika Williams was married to her HS Coach, I wouldn't have been surprised/shocked.

IMO Geno needs to get a Quick/Athletic Guard that plays defense and able to get to the rim to fill out the class.
With the Tamika connection I have a feeling thts why Geno smiled and said 1(definitely) maybe 2 more, he knew it was a done deal with AP.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
6'5 Amari and 6'4" Ice not enough for you?!
(I admit I also have dreams of a certain NJ 2023 6'6" monster(ADR), but I am pretty happy with the supremely skilled ballers we got coming and who are already here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom