August UConn recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

August UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
New mutual follow by Morgan. 2022 PG from Portugal who played in the U18 tournament.

View attachment 78152

Ines Bettencourt
Portugal played in the U18 B division championships which is not the U18 championships Jamelle attended in Greece. Was Jamelle in Greece to watch potential 2022 players or for 2023? Morgan began following a few of the U18 guards Jamelle watched on IG, including France’s Lacan who is terrific, but it seems those guards would already be signed if they were interested in playing college ball in 2022.

Bettencourt made the all tournament team but the teams were not as good as those playing in Greece. I also believe she is (or was) to play for a Junior College team this fall.

School starts in less than 3 weeks.

Reaction Score
ASGR's latest rankings have Qadence Samuels at a high of #17 in 2023. They have UConn's 2023 class ranked 2nd to Arizona at the moment.

After lengthy deliberations, All-Star Girls Report has Arizona ranked No. 1 in its first version of 2023 recruiting classes. UConn is No. 2.

For now, though, UConn’s class is looking like it could be special. It’s highlighted by ASGR’s top-ranked point guard for 2023. That’s Kamorea “K.K.’’ Arnold, who is ranked No. 8 overall.

“In this day and age, it’s about versatility, unless you’re a true point or a true post,’’ Altenhofen said. “K.K. is definitely a true point guard.’’

UConn also has commitments from two other players in ASGR’s top 20 who is ranked (No. 11) — shooting guard Ashlynn Shade and wing Qadence Samuels (No. 17).

Encouraging on Qadence moving up, but also very interesting that they have Prosper at #1 and Del Rosario at #6. I understand that the train has left the station on Del Rosario for us, but have no idea if we are still in the hunt for Prosper or not. I suspected that signing Qadence meant that we were unlikely to get Prosper, or Booker for that matter.

I could easily be wrong here but while a #2 class ranking now is very good, I think some of our top competitors are still in for the best of the unsigned prospects, while we may be closer to done for 2023. Hope I am wrong.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
For those who don't know, Justice Carlton is the daughter of former Baylor women's basketball post player, Kacy Moffitt. She finished her career at Baylor prior to Mulkey's arrival in Waco.

Reaction Score
Portugal played in the U18 B division championships which is not the U18 championships Jamelle attended in Greece. Was Jamelle in Greece to watch potential 2022 players or for 2023? Morgan began following a few of the U18 guards Jamelle watched on IG, including France’s Lacan who is terrific, but it seems those guards would already be signed if they were interested in playing college ball in 2022.

Bettencourt made the all tournament team but the teams were not as good as those playing in Greece. I also believe she is (or was) to play for a Junior College team this fall.

School starts in less than 3 weeks
Thank you for the info about the divisions, her team finished second after losing to Slovenia in the championship game. I agree that the school year is basically here so perhaps the recent interest in these players is for 2023. I did some digging and it looks like she is expected to attend Northwest Florida State this fall...per their twitter account. I believe she plays in a Pro League (team Sportiva) which also has former Lady Vol Kasi Kushkituah, small world sometimes. She has some games on YouTube and Kasi is seen in one... same #11 as college.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but with assistant coach Morgan Valley still following 2022 recruits and Jamelle following players in Greece, it appears (to me) Geno may still be interested in adding one more player to this year's roster. Probably a foreign born player. Every time I log onto the yard, I expect to see an announcement that UConn has signed another player for this year's run.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but with assistant coach Morgan Valley still following 2022 recruits and Jamelle following players in Greece, it appears (to me) Geno may still be interested in adding one more player to this year's roster. Probably a foreign born player. Every time I log onto the yard, I expect to see an announcement that UConn has signed another player for this year's run.
Hoping, but time is not on our side.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I saw this game mentioned a while back....with Ashlynn Shade participating.
I wrote down the time listed as 5:00....on espnu. Might the 4:00 mention above be the CDT?

Reaction Score
I saw this game mentioned a while back....with Ashlynn Shade participating.
I wrote down the time listed as 5:00....on espnu. Might the 4:00 mention above be the CDT?
Yes, the 4 is CST. I went to the ESPN website to check the schedule there, and it says the girls game is at 4 my time (CST) and the boys play at 6 CST.

Reaction Score
Time is running short for persuading a European player to pick up stakes and relocate to Storrs. That’s a big change for a teenager. It may look like an adventure, but it’s also a huge challenge. In addition to wanting to play ball in the US, they have to want to take college courses when they could just play pro back home.

Reaction Score
Hoping, but time is not on our side.
Same for me, every day I am hoping for something but if it doesn't happen very soon that option will be gone. It is quite a challenge because they need a guard badly for this year, but not after that, unless a player would help us with our immediate need, knowing the probability of transferring after that was high. Not an easy role to fill but maybe we can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Also some confusing on the time which is why I edited and then deleted it.
My ESPN is showing the boys game starting at 5:00
From the times here est game listed at 5pn a 2nd game is scheduled for 7pm which scouyld be the womens game.I no longer trust ESPN so I have sent my machine to record both games, hope I get it. As I posted a few days ago I am sticking with the team Ms. Strong and most of my top POI's are on. I am very interested to watch our commited recruits, but really will be watching the undecided more closly.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Same for me, every day I am hoping for something but if it doesn't happen very soon that option will be gone. It is quite a challenge because they need a guard badly for this year, but not after that, unless a player would help us with our immediate need, knowing the probability of transferring after that was high. Not an easy role to fill but maybe we can pull a rabbit out of the hat.
NO, no, no, no, no. Pull a point guard out of the hat.;)

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score

Yes there are a number of very good and excellent young women in "24" any number of which are UCONN POI's and recruits. I am hanging my hat on the young lady above. Double O is my top POI in "24". We can watch many UCONN POI's and recruits tonight. Monster game, lets hope Geno finds a few more jems playing in tonights game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom