August UConn recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

August UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score

Looks like she could help us. Quick release with good body control. With Morgan following her the question is, how serious a look Geno will give her. Any idea on her length. She does appear to have decent speed.

Reaction Score
She looks pretty promising. Question is, is she interested in going to school so far away from her home? Is it even possible? Is Geno actually interested? Stay tuned!
Apparently she is, 5’11”.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Morgan Valley has begun following 2024 Ava McKennie, a 6-2 wing/forward out of Pennsylvania.

McKennie made a name for herself the past few months in AAU ball.

Ava McKennie wing 2024 Philly Rise 16U

On a loaded championship squad, Ava stood out with her ability to do so many things on the floor. With her long athletic frame she slashed, rebounded, finished in transition, and made some big-time plays. A non- stop work horse If there was a 50/50 ball to get trust me McKennie was in the neighborhood and probably got it.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ava Mckennie 2024 | Philly Rise (EYBL CHAMPS)

Ava was balling all week but decided to turn it up in the championship game. She was all over the floor rebounding and making defensive plays, but the spotlight fell on her offensive game this time. She used her length, speed, and versatility to score the ball in multiple ways excelling in transition and making some sweet moves to the rack. Ava was my MVP in the title game.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score

Dang, Ava has the speed and ballhandling skills many on the BY covet. Hope to hear more about her over the next 2 years, Sluconn do you know if she is being followed by our coaches. I would think that she is a POI.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dang, Ava has the speed and ballhandling skills many on the BY covet. Hope to hear more about her over the next 2 years, Sluconn do you know if she is being followed by our coaches. I would think that she is a POI.

Morgan just started following her.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Adhel Tac & Ava Heiden would suit me just fine!
Honorable Mention - Kate Koval
Agree, I find Ava to be the most intriguing of the three. Not sure she is the best, however I find that I want to see much more of her work.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I really really like Ava Heiden as a UCONN prospect. She is so efficient and productive in the low block, no wasted dribbles, moves and counter moves for days. Ava has that Megan Gustafson type game where if you don't account for her she could prove to be lethal. Hope she picks UCONN.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Starting to get interested in this kid. Especially after that spin move at the 1:00 mark. Not only knows how to use her body but is quick, decisive, and under control. Kind of a female Dave Cowens. Best I’ve seen of the ‘24 and ‘25 posts.

That move just prior to the 1-minute mark should be illegal for a player her size.

Reaction Score
That move just prior to the 1-minute mark should be illegal for a player her size.
That quick half hook flip with either hand using the glass is a real weapon that I’m surprised more big kids don’t learn early. I really like her attack mode, evidence of a good motor. OK, I’m sold.

Reaction Score
I really really like Ava Heiden as a UCONN prospect. She is so efficient and productive in the low block, no wasted dribbles, moves and counter moves for days. Ava has that Megan Gustafson type game where if you don't account for her she could prove to be lethal. Hope she picks UCONN.
HoopGurlz '24. Posts Blanca Thomas#10, K. Koval#20, Heiden #47? You buy that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom