August 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

August 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did the author seem to know what they were talking about? Some people throw that term around like IDK "generational player".
Yes it was more so about the class of 2023 getting a lack of exposure due to COVID 19, and how some of them haven’t had a chance to be evaluated by coaches, so it went on to say Fulwiley has been balling since middle school.

Reaction Score
Fulwiley is nice! The right coach can reign her in and get her to play within a system while still showcasing her talent. The COACH will know if he/she wants a talent like Fulwiley not some fans on a forum. I hope Fulwiley chooses Delaware and teams up with she who shall not be named!!

Reaction Score
FWIW, your coach did build some strong recruiting ties in SC. I'm sure she has some level of personal contact with Fulwilly and several other highly ranked players coming out of SC over the next few years.

Reaction Score
I saw a article yesterday that referred to Fulwiley as a transcendent talent, she’s been balling since middle school, I expect to see all the top schools offer her.

I don't see that happening at all.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
FWIW, your coach did build some strong recruiting ties in SC. I'm sure she has some level of personal contact with Fulwilly and several other highly ranked players coming out of SC over the next few years.
Our Coach? Geno?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Fulwiley is nice! The right coach can reign her in and get her to play within a system while still showcasing her talent. The COACH will know if he/she wants a talent like Fulwiley not some fans on a forum. I hope Fulwiley chooses Delaware and teams up with she who shall not be named!!

Delaware?!? Did I miss something? :eek:

The RIGHT coach in a positive "structured" environment in a solid program can be very positive and influential on Fulwiley. I think she would benefit greatly from a no-nonsense coach willing to work with her, keep her grounded and focused. Regardless of where she goes, she's going to be a match up nightmare for opponents.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Oops. Colors in post I was responding to had me thinking of the wrong "doggies."
:eek: Yea 'em are just puppies though- they not ready to leave the porch and run with the big Dawgs where Huskies are leading the pac. :D

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Folks may talk about her highschool league but she's in a top AAU league and is a star.... looking forward to her getting to UConn.
Slow down! Exodus has won 2 games so far 73 to 36 and 94 to 19. I see a lot of good teams but this does not appear to be an elite AAU tournament. For example the Fairfax team featuring Saylor and Kiki Rice is not playing and the Philly Belles featuring Amari and Olivia Miles is also not playing.

Reaction Score
Slow down! Exodus has won 2 games so far 73 to 36 and 94 to 19. I see a lot of good teams but this does not appear to be an elite AAU tournament. For example the Fairfax team featuring Saylor and Kiki Rice is not playing and the Philly Belles featuring Amari and Olivia Miles is also not playing.
I think Saylor and Kiki are there. Definitely Kiki at least. I think Bollin and Fudd’s teams are there also.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think Saylor and Kiki are there. Definitely Kiki at least. I think Bollin and Fudd’s teams are there also.
Saylor and Kiki are there. Fairfax Stars has two U17 teams that is why I was mistaken.
Still not an elite tournament. You can compare the teams between these links.
Elite would be these AAU teams.
This event is featuring these teams.
Regardless Caroline appears to be doing well and that is good news for UCONN.

Reaction Score
Caroline, Saylor, and Azzi’s teams all made it to the semifinals. Exodus and GTS Fusion are on the same side, while Fairfax Stars will play All Ohio EYBL.

edit: Azzi is apparently not playing this tournament

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I have seen 5 of the top 10 prospects in the class of 2022 this Summer and 8/10 in the past with my own eyes. Just about every recruiting service, including Prep Girls Hoops, has 6’7 center Lauren Betts (Colorado Premier) ranked number one nationally and understandably so, but the best I have seen all around is 6’3 wing Janiah Barker (Essence/Florida). Barker is a unique mixture of length, strength and size for position to go along with a high level offensive skill set and a big time motor on the defensive end. She can guard players in all different positions on the floor. She can shine in the half court or up and down pace on offense. Barker can play 1-5 at the high school level at 6’3. She led Essence to some impressive wins this July and she displayed the full repertoire on both sides of the ball. On pace to be a future early impact player for a top 25 ranked college program.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Caroline, Saylor, and Azzi’s teams all made it to the semifinals. Exodus and GTS Fusion are on the same side, while Fairfax Stars will play All Ohio EYBL.
edit: Azzi is apparently not playing this tournament
This is not a good sign hope she is OK.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Does anyone know the roster of the Missouri Phenom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom