August 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

August 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not a good look in video. Most of the plays feature her dribbling around the outside while her team all stands in place. Anyone willing to take a bet whether or not she gets a UConn (or ND, or Stanford, etc.) offer?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not a good look in video. Most of the plays feature her dribbling around the outside while her team all stands in place. Anyone willing to take a bet whether or not she gets a UConn (or ND, or Stanford, etc.) offer?
The basketball and athleticism that I saw in that video was not a good look it was a great look. Her dribbling created opportunities that would not otherwise have been there for her and her teammates. When a teammate was more open they generally got the ball. The defensive tenacity was A+.
As to your non-basketball implications specifically fit for UCONN, ND, Stanford ( I never heard of etc university) I would also tend to mostly disagree. Academics should probably be set aside here because we don't know what kind of student this young lady is. Regardless, South Carolina has offered. Are we saying that Dawn's "non-basketball" standards are lower than UCONN, ND & Stanford?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't know about anyone else, but at this point Milaysia Fulwiley sort of reminds me of Kelsey Mitchell. Here's a better portrait of those on the come up in SCar including Milaysia:

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't know about anyone else, but at this point Milaysia Fulwiley sort of reminds me of Kelsey Mitchell.
There is a young lady playing down at UVA from Milwaukee by the name of Shemera Williams. Same kind of explosive game and complete with her own HS cheering sections in every gym she played in. I think the Youtube videos are still out there.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
There a young lady playing down at UVA from Milwaukee by the name of Shemera Williams. Same kind of explosive game and complete with her own HS cheering sections in every gym she played in. I think the Youtube videos are still out there.

She was electric for Virginia this past season. She got votes for ACC FOY. She was fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Shes from South Carolina so im sure we all know where she most likely will land in 3 years..

No doubt, Dawn has been working her but so has Clem's Son and everybody else in the South.

She may not want to play at a school that's at the level of UConn or where Dawn is hoping to have her program.

UConn and SCar will both be loaded for the next few years with "5-stars." She may be after playing time and the chance to be THE prima donna early. Hard to do that when everybody on the team is super talented. Perhaps she wants to show her stuff as a true freshman right out of the gate. I don't think Dawn would make such a promise and know Geno wouldn't.

Would a Clem's Son offer her immediate playing time - start first game? Why not?

No aspersions against her team-manship. I don't know her. She has the makings of something special if . . .

Reaction Score
No doubt, Dawn has been working her but so has Clem's Son and everybody else in the South.

She may not want to play at a school that's at the level of UConn or where Dawn is hoping to have her program.

UConn and SCar will both be loaded for the next few years with "5-stars." She may be after playing time and the chance to be THE prima donna early. Hard to do that when everybody on the team is super talented. Perhaps she wants to show her stuff as a true freshman right out of the gate. I don't think Dawn would make such a promise and know Geno wouldn't.

Would a Clem's Son offer her immediate playing time - start first game? Why not?

No aspersions against her team-manship. I don't know her. She has the makings of something special if . . .

I bet if its not SC , then NC or Tenn have already been on her line as well .

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

No bet here. She doesn't appear to be the type of player those programs recruit. But please don't fool yourself. There are PLENTY of top 25 D1 head coaches (we already know who some of them are) that will offer her, and pick her up at the airport. If she can keep her academics in order, we'll see her again in a few years. :cool: If she makes D1, she’s going to be too hot to handle and too cold to hold. Wherever she goes, she’s going to spend a lot of time at the stripe.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The basketball and athleticism that I saw in that video was not a good look it was a great look. Her dribbling created opportunities that would not otherwise have been there for her and her teammates. When a teammate was more open they generally got the ball. The defensive tenacity was A+.
As to your non-basketball implications specifically fit for UCONN, ND, Stanford ( I never heard of etc university) I would also tend to mostly disagree. Academics should probably be set aside here because we don't know what kind of student this young lady is. Regardless, South Carolina has offered. Are we saying that Dawn's "non-basketball" standards are lower than UCONN, ND & Stanford?
Nothing to do with "non-basketball" standards in original post. All about a player "hogging" ball, causing teammates to stand around, a tendency the coaches with Championship rings do not tolerate.

Reaction Score
Nothing to do with "non-basketball" standards in original post. All about a player "hogging" ball, causing teammates to stand around, a tendency the coaches with Championship rings do not tolerate.
I saw a article yesterday that referred to Fulwiley as a transcendent talent, she’s been balling since middle school, I expect to see all the top schools offer her.

Reaction Score

If you look at Jordy G's post above, it links a video of her in an SC summer camp paying with a couple of other 5 stars and some others who will be playing college ball in the future, you will not see her ball hogging. More of a team player in that camp and AAU competition. Most of her tapes are hs competition and her teammates (and competition) don't have much athleticism.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Right that is what I was responding to. The player I saw was not hogging the ball and causing her teammates to stand around. BTW Championship Coach Dawn Staley has offered her a scholarship and the UCONN 11 time Championship coach has text her. ( See @DaBball post above). Besides the last " BALLHOG CHICK" turned out pretty well for UCONN.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I saw a article yesterday that referred to Fulwiley as a transcendent talent, she’s been balling since middle school, I expect to see all the top schools offer her.
Did the author seem to know what they were talking about? Some people throw that term around like IDK "generational player".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom