Aubrey | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Aubrey

Reaction Score
The 9 rebounds she had in a game don't count. Also, other than Paige, she's the best passer on the team, she doesn't turn the ball over and she doesn't foul a lot. Yes, she didn't play well against DePaul, which is why I suggested they should start Aaliyah, especially with Baylor being the next game.
Did you notice the two guards led the team in rebounds maybe just maybe a team that shoots over 30 3 pointers which create longer rebounds might be the reason? Love Anna but she is not doing enough to remain a starter unless she averages no less than 10 points per gAmerica snd improves her footwork on defense.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Based on her actions last year, and so far THIS year, it appears that Anna is a slow starter. She heated up last year as the season wore on.......I expect her to do so THIS year.................soon I hope.

I also hope Aubrey starts shooting more, and stops deferring to her teammates, and passing up shots.

Reaction Score
:eek: That is a rather shallow analysis. In summary your analysis and request for "faith" would require us to ignore roughly 30% (11 of 37) of the games that Anna has actually played in. What software or analyst would consider 30% of a sample size of 37 to be statistically insignificant?

PS I am asking for a friend who is considering upgrading his S/W.
Curious why you are basing your assessment on a few games this year while calling an entire year's performance "shallow."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Curious why you are basing your assessment on a few games this year while calling an entire year's performance "shallow."
My analysis is not based on a few games and it was the analysis that was shallow not the performance.

Reaction Score
Wow, Well I love AM and AG! Give them a chance, heck it’s only how many games in?
Remember this season is very disjointed......
I find some of your posts really unfair to these kids and quite frankly a little below the belt.
Beat Baylor! These gals work really hard and I
for one look forward to each game, turnovers and all.

Reaction Score
You guys crack me up with everything Aubrey cannot do instead of what she brings to the table. I have no idea what had happened to Evina since she left Tennessee. No confidence and scared to shoot...maybe they just let her go. Anna has no game at all on either end. I love Uconn wbb and Coach Geno but playing at the next level from the upper class: Olivia, maybe 3 years, Christyn, maybe 2, Evina, get real
If you don't like peoples opinions either leave or get over yourself. Aubrey is great for a defensive spark off the bench but until her offense gets better that is all she will be.
...why the heck would Aubrey be running the offense?!!! They have at least 6 guards on that team. Her game is down low (for now), rebound and play defense. I think I remember a Gabby Williams started that way. The guard parts come with development.
Run the offense as a team! As Sophomores Aubrey still wasn't in Gabby's league.

Reaction Score
How many shots has she taken beyond four feet? She has the ability to hit the three but for some reason she won't shoot from outside. She has not all of a sudden lost her outside shot. If she were to take ten shots a game from outside you and others who thinks she does not have an outside shot would find out you are wrong. Most UConn players miss more shots than Griffin takes.
Some of the shots she has taken were either air balls or look like a Jr.high player that was learning how to shoot. Her whole time at UConn has shown that.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
If you don't like peoples opinions either leave or get over yourself. Aubrey is great for a defensive spark off the bench but until her offense gets better that is all she will be.

Run the offense as a team! As Sophomores Aubrey still wasn't in Gabby's league.
True and as a sophomore Gabby wasn't in Gabby's league. Gabby blossomed as a junior.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Someone posted on here that Anna is playing a different position than the one she played last season. I is true I understand her lack of confidence. Maybe that is why Geno continues to start her so she can adjust to the new position. She played with big time confidence the second part of last season. As far as not being in top physical condition, I believe the late start of practice caused her to lose some of that physical fitness she came back with.
Anna is playing the 4 position this season last season she was mostly a three. Not only is she learning a new position her touches are coming from a completely different spot on the floor. Her best offense sequences this season are coming when Geno slides her to the three spot with AE and ONO. In those sequences Anna gets to shoot the corner three vs the 3 from the top of the key or high arc. From the corner Anna is better deep shooter.

Reaction Score
Confidence is the key.
Hopefully Confidence returns, as talent is there!
Let’s go UCONN, beat Baylor Big!
BTW, none of these kids are jrhigh shooters.
Wonder if that poster is from Baylor?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
History tells me that Anna can be a 45% shooter from 3. Last year over the course of the season Anna shot 59/144 from 3 that is 41%. If you will grant me the liberty to remove her performance over the first 5 games when she shot 2/20 from 3. For the last 27 games of the season (I believe an acceptable sample size) Anna shot 57/124 or 45.96%. To date Anna is 7/26 for 26.9%. She is ahead of last year's pace.

These simple statistics (and I made my living creating statistical analysis software) are quite shallow and require no deep statistical delusion. Only a bit of faith that what she has done she will do again.
Last year, Anna seemed to have a reset when she went home to see her family in Poland over Christmas. What can she do this season to have a similar effect??

Reaction Score
True and as a sophomore Gabby wasn't in Gabby's league. Gabby blossomed as a junior.
She ran the offense with her team. Gabby as a Sophomore is way better than Aubrey is. If Aubrey was on the teams Gabby was on. She would only get mop up minutes. Wait until next year if Evina stays and the four frosh come in. If Aubrey still can't understand and run the offense. She will lose more minutes. Aubrey is a great athlete that plays basketball right now and not an athletic basketball player. You have to wonder how good is that HS Coach she played for. He had 3 great players on his team that played in a very weak league.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How did a thread titled “Aubrey” turn into Anna bashing thread #312?

Reaction Score
How did a thread titled “Aubrey” turn into Anna bashing thread #312?

I think the thread was setup by the OP.

His 2nd post asking why isn't she starting can go the way of replies that you post her weaknesses. That's going to be a bash to some degree. The he followed up bashing Anna and then bashed Evina a bit.

On the 1st page of this thread there is some tough bashing of Anna and Evina by the OP. I think there have been follow-up posts knocking Anna and highlighting her weaknesses. I guess to counter there are posts highlighting Aubrey's weaknesses. One begets another

Reaction Score
I think the thread was setup by the OP.

His 2nd post asking why isn't she starting can go the way of replies that you post her weaknesses. That's going to be a bash to some degree. The he followed up bashing Anna and then bashed Evina a bit.

On the 1st page of this thread there is some tough bashing of Anna and Evina by the OP. I think there have been follow-up posts knocking Anna and highlighting her weaknesses. I guess to counter there are posts highlighting Aubrey's weaknesses. One begets another
Rhetorical question lol

Reaction Score
Aubrey.....Aubrey.....Aubrey! Give her a break. With this disjointed season, pause, can’t go home at Xmas, let these kids, yes still kids continue to work hard as they are and they will improve. It’s not like this season is anything like last year. She is an asset to the team and I bet will continue to improve each and every game.
Give Aubrey a break, Anna too for that matter.
If you re-watch the games you will see how hard they work even if it’s a turnover.

Reaction Score
Aubrey.....Aubrey.....Aubrey! Give her a break. With this disjointed season, pause, can’t go home at Xmas, let these kids, yes still kids continue to work hard as they are and they will improve. It’s not like this season is anything like last year. She is an asset to the team and I bet will continue to improve each and every game.
If you re-watch the games you will see how hard they work even if it’s a turnover.

The team is doing fine. The coach is doing fine. :)

Reaction Score
Could not have said it any better. Both Aubrey and Anna have worked their tails off, and given what each and every member of this team have done and endured so far, in this "Strange" season. Let's start posting "Positive Messages" about our players (Aubrey and Anna included) and enough with the bashing. "One Team - One Family"

Reaction Score
Agree..Anna should start but her minutes should be shortened if she contribute offensively..I wish she could drive to the basket when her shots don't fall...
There is her biggest challenge they play up on her because she is not quick enough to go by most defenders. That alone is why she doesn’t get that open three.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom