Aubrey | The Boneyard

Aubrey

Reaction Score
They said she was having back spasms before the game. She played a few minutes then they shut her down. They got 2 others back, so better safe than sorry.
Thank you. Can I also ask...why is she not starting? Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
She still can't run the offense, handle the ball or make a shot beyond 4 feet. With next years class it can be even worse for her.
Well, the few minutes she played she had 3 beautiful passes within the offense. I think she plays much better within the offense and she makes things happen with her energy. She is part of the rotation.

Reaction Score
Well, the few minutes she played she had 3 beautiful passes within the offense. I think she plays much better within the offense and she makes things happen with her energy. She is part of the rotation.
She ran into Evina because she didn't know what she was doing and was fortunate to make that pass! I guarantee you that Geno got all over her for that in their film session. She can't run an offense. She crowds the lane because she is terrible with her spacing. She still hasn't hit a shot beyond 4 ft.

Reaction Score
There has to be a reckoning for Makurat soon: either Griffin brings her explosive offensive prowess to the starting five, or Aaliyah Edwards brings her explosive and overpowering height to the starting five. I don't see how Makurat continues to fit in when she's not hitting three's. Or posing any kind of offensive threat.

Reaction Score
There has to be a reckoning for Makurat soon: either Griffin brings her explosive offensive prowess to the starting five, or Aaliyah Edwards brings her explosive and overpowering height to the starting five. I don't see how Makurat continues to fit in when she's not hitting three's. Or posing any kind of offensive threat.
Her confidence level is lower than an oil well.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She ran into Evina because she didn't know what she was doing and was fortunate to make that pass! I guarantee you that Geno got all over her for that in their film session. She can't run an offense. She crowds the lane because she is terrible with her spacing. She still hasn't hit a shot beyond 4 ft.
How many shots has she taken beyond four feet? She has the ability to hit the three but for some reason she won't shoot from outside. She has not all of a sudden lost her outside shot. If she were to take ten shots a game from outside you and others who thinks she does not have an outside shot would find out you are wrong. Most UConn players miss more shots than Griffin takes.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Someone posted on here that Anna is playing a different position than the one she played last season. If that is true I understand her lack of confidence. Maybe that is why Geno continues to start her so she can adjust to the new position. She played with big time confidence the second part of last season. As far as not being in top physical condition, I believe the late start of practice caused her to lose some of that physical fitness she came back with.

Reaction Score

I would give Aaliyah a start and see what happens. I really think that Anna fits the starting rotation better based on how she spaces and sees the floor better but I would give Aaliyah or Aubrey (if healthy) a nod for a few games and see what develops. It can't hurt. As for Anna and her not knocking down shots. I wish folks would cut her some slack on that stuff. She gets or takes 5-7 shots a game. Of those 5-7 shots, 4 might be three-point attempts. She needs to get in rhythm. Hard to get into a solid rhythm when you get touches when the shot clock is at 3. Or get a touch when you are 25 feet from the basket or when a defender is all over you. Heaven forbid she takes a shot when she is covered. Then folks are going to dog her for forcing shots. She does get some looks from time to time and I wish that she had C-Dub's mindset...just let it fly..but that isn't Anna's style. But I would give Aaliyah or Griff a run for a few games. It can't hurt. I mean some egos might be bruised but if Coach believes in the whole competitive mindset and each position is open...let the best player claim a spot and go from there.

HGN

Reaction Score
Fairfield, Makurat is in the starting lineup for more than scoring. She gives the team an extra ball handler to help against any pressure, a good rebounder, a passer, and she knows the offense. All skills Geno values highly. Though her scoring is off , she brings so much more to the lineup that the team needs right now.......IMO.

Reaction Score
IMO because she is limited offensively thus far in her career. One thing is that she can only score around the basket. So if you are also trying to also have Liv score inside - the spacing inside isn't so good.
She is limited only because she doesn’t get the minutes to start flowing in the game. UConn’s offense is so wide open she will not disrupt the lane. She will take so much stress off that offense with her transition game which suits Paige to a tee.I would def take her 4ft shot over the current: “ hang around the arc-3pt clanging-pass around even when wide open” they are getting now. Also is Anna really 6’2”? She has no defensive skills, no footwork and clangs 3 after 3 when she does shoot. I could go on and on about other issues but they winning. But stick in Aubrey for her and see how much better everyone gets with just that move! I am sure Paige wouldn’t mind. That would be a big loss for Uconn if Aubrey leaves.

Reaction Score
How many shots has she taken beyond four feet? She has the ability to hit the three but for some reason she won't shoot from outside. She has not all of a sudden lost her outside shot. If she were to take ten shots a game from outside you and others who thinks she does not have an outside shot would find out you are wrong. Most UConn players miss more shots than Griffin takes.
I don't know, Donalddoowop. I love when Aubrey comes into a game because she's such a wild card. You know something exciting is going to happen, usually for the good, but not always. From that standpoint, she's probably my favorite player. But I don't know where you came up with this idea that "she has the ability to hit the three." Maybe you saw her do things in high school that most of us never witnessed. But as a Husky, her shooting ability from beyond layup range has been, at best, cringeworthy. I'm not trying to be critical, I'm just giving an honest opinion of what I've seen from Griffin as a Husky.

Reaction Score
She still can't run the offense, handle the ball or make a shot beyond 4 feet. With next years class it can be even worse for her.
...why the heck would Aubrey be running the offense?!!! They have at least 6 guards on that team. Her game is down low (for now), rebound and play defense. I think I remember a Gabby Williams started that way. The guard parts come with development.

Reaction Score
You guys crack me up with everything Aubrey cannot do instead of what she brings to the table. I have no idea what had happened to Evina since she left Tennessee. No confidence and scared to shoot...maybe they just let her go. Anna has no game at all on either end. I love Uconn wbb and Coach Geno but playing at the next level from the upper class: Olivia, maybe 3 years, Christyn, maybe 2, Evina, get real

Reaction Score
Fairfield, Makurat is in the starting lineup for more than scoring. She gives the team an extra ball handler to help against any pressure, a good rebounder, a passer, and she knows the offense. All skills Geno values highly. Though her scoring is off , she brings so much more to the lineup that the team needs right now.......IMO.
...rebounder, you can take that out of what she contributes. Her 6’2” height is only good for the layup line. She can’t play defense and since she can’t shoot, she is giving up more than she contributes.

Reaction Score
Look, I would love nothing more than Anna to finally find her game again, like she was in the process last year. However, she's not aggressive enough to attack the basket and her confidence level is nill at the 3 point line. She hasn't taken that many shots this year because of this, so one would hope she would crash the boards for an offensive rebound, but as of this date, she has '0' offensive rebounds. It's true she's a good passer and adds to the Assist stat, but is this enough? With good teams like Baylor we will need points. :eek:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Anna's performance has fallen far short of where many of us would like to see it. However, to say Aubrey has "explosive offensive prowess" is more than a stretch. She has explosive athleticism, but has yet to demonstrate basketball capability within UConn's offense.

Reaction Score
Look, I would love nothing more than Anna to finally find her game again, like she was in the process last year. However, she's not aggressive enough to attack the basket and her confidence level is nill at the 3 point line. She hasn't taken that many shots this year because of this, so one would hope she would crash the boards for an offensive rebound, but as of this date, she has '0' offensive rebounds. It's true she's a good passer and adds to the Assist stat, but is this enough? With good teams like Baylor we will need points. :eek:
At least 85 of them..:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
...rebounder, you can take that out of what she contributes. Her 6’2” height is only good for the layup line. She can’t play defense and since she can’t shoot, she is giving up more than she contributes.

The 9 rebounds she had in a game don't count. Also, other than Paige, she's the best passer on the team, she doesn't turn the ball over and she doesn't foul a lot. Yes, she didn't play well against DePaul, which is why I suggested they should start Aaliyah, especially with Baylor being the next game.

Reaction Score
Perhaps Geno values Anna’s other contributions more than her scoring, she knows the offense and is a great passer, and he believes she will find her shot and start holding up her end of the scoring in addition to all the other things she contributes. Also, he may be afraid to start AE because he is worried that both bigs starting could lead to a situation where both our bigs might get in foul trouble at once. After all, foul avoidance has not been a strong point for either of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom