Anyway | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Anyway

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Edsall is not working out but who is going to come in to an independent program and turn it around?

Who is going to go to Wyoming?
Who is going to go to Georgia State?

You think the prospect of making the playoff out of the MWC or the Sun Belt is realistic? You think players dream at night of winning the MWC or Sun Belt?

Army and Navy get kids despite the fact that you MAY HAVE TO SERVE IN WAR ZONES.

Affiliation is an excuse, nothing more.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Who is going to go to Wyoming?
Who is going to go to Georgia State?

You think the prospect of making the playoff out of the MWC or the Sun Belt is realistic? You think players dream at night of winning the MWC or Sun Belt?

Army and Navy get kids despite the fact that you MAY HAVE TO SERVE IN WAR ZONES.

Affiliation is an excuse, nothing more.
I'm not talking about making the playoff or any pipe dream like that. I'm talking about the reality of a schedule of UMass, Liberty, Coastal Carolina, a random ULM or ULL school every year. That is a schedule that generates zero fans in the seats.

People were talking about bringing in another coach at $1 million, I was saying it would be a waste of money. Sure, you're right, we could get someone. But the reality is that we'd need to take a hard look if after 5 years of Edsall we haven't made any growth.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm not talking about making the playoff or any pipe dream like that. I'm talking about the reality of a schedule of UMass, Liberty, Coastal Carolina, a random ULM or ULL school every year. That is a schedule that generates zero fans in the seats.

So is, objectively, an AAC schedule. ULM, Coastal, ECU, Tulsa, USF, even good Houston, Liberty, UMass. Its all the same crap.

Reaction Score
So is, objectively, an AAC schedule. ULM, Coastal, ECU, Tulsa, USF, even good Houston, Liberty, UMass. Its all the same crap.
I said this before. Does anyone really care if it's East Carolina or Western Michigan? Central Florida or Central Michigan? SMU or Rice? None are moving the needle all that much.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We were willing to pay over $2,000,000 in the AAC. We will make more money as an Independent. We need to pay a good coach and win games. It’s really simple, get a good coach, accept more borderline players, win games, fill seats, enjoy prosperity.

Boise State pays their coach of 6 years 1.35 mill.

Reaction Score
Also, people need to stop whining about attendance. I’m seeing half empty stadiums all over the P5. Take some pride in our fan base. We’ve been served shiz sandwiches for 8 years and we still have quite a few people show up for dinner. I can pretty much assure you things wouldn’t be better at FSU if they had our history. Their fans stop going to showing after they lose 2-3 games. Also, I don’t accept the crowd issue at FSU this weekend being due to the game being moved back to campus from Jax. Kids have been back at FSU for weeks and the student section didn’t impress yesterday either. Furthermore, all the people going to Jax could easily drive the 1.5-2 hours to Tally. The issue is fair weather fans. Last season, Doak was turning into a ghost town.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Also, people need to stop whining about attendance. I’m seeing half empty stadiums all over the P5. Take some pride in our fan base. We’ve been served shiz sandwiches for 8 years and we still have quite a few people show up for dinner. I can pretty much assure you things wouldn’t be better at FSU if they had our history. Their fans stop going to showing after they lose 2-3 games. Also, I’m don’t accept the crowd issue at FSU this weekend being due to the game being moved back to campus from Jax. Kids have been back at FSU for weeks and the student section didn’t impress yesterday either. Furthermore, alll the people going to Jax could easily drive the 1.5-2 hours to Tally. The issue is fair weather fans. Last season, Doak was turning into a ghost town.

attendance around the country was miserable this weekend

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
How I feel after opening a Whaler thread and ask myself why

Reaction Score
attendance around the country was miserable this weekend

I was surprised at the Stanford attendance. The game was played in the heat of the day and fans seemed to have migrated to the shade side but still people were obviously finding other things to do out there on Saturday.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
instead of posting dumb nonsense in every thread you could put me on ignore you know right?

like that meme doesnt even make sense

As much as your post on all things UConn football. It's like beating a drum over and over or hitting your head on the wall again and again. How's that for an analogy

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As much as your post on all things UConn football. It's like beating a drum over and over or hitting your head on the wall again and again. How's that for an analogy

have you realized yet that all you do is complain about me but never actually provide any actual
evidence to counter what i post.

you really can do yourself a favor an ignore me because you’ve proven you’ll never actually learn anything and clearly you don’t like to be confronted with dealing with reality

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
have you realized yet that all you do is complain about me but never actually provide any actual
evidence to counter what i post.

you really can do yourself a favor an ignore me because you’ve proven you’ll never actually learn anything and clearly you don’t like to be confronted with dealing with reality
Is ignore begging becoming a thing now?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom