Anyway | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anyway

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This program is an unfunny joke.

I can see people already twisting themselves into pretzels to defend that disaster.

Only 2 more years until the 5 year plan starts.
Don’t worry when we get to year 5 Randy will say the “5 Year Plan” was null and void because of UConn deciding to leave the American for FBS Independence and it’s negative affect on recruiting and scheduling.

Reaction Score
Don’t worry when we get to year 5 Randy will say the “5 Year Plan” was null and void because of UConn deciding to leave the American for FBS Independence and it’s negative affect on recruiting and scheduling.
Randy won't get five years, I doubt he gets more than three if this year is another bust.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Randy won't get five years, I doubt he gets more than three if this year is another bust.
I’d be willing to bet my house on him getting 5 years. At least! We have no money for another HC, especially a legit one who can turn things around.

Reaction Score
I’d be willing to bet my house on him getting 5 years. At least! We have no money for another HC, especially a legit one who can turn things around.
If there's no more money for a head coach how are they paying Edsall for years 4 and 5? They only gave PP and Disco three years, how does Edsall merrit getting more? He sucks.

I'd offer Dan Orlovsky or the Wagner coach $1,000,000 per year and both would jump at it. Important thing is Edsall has to go.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't see how Randy can survive another 1-11 campaign in combination with the level of recruits he's bringing in.

$1M a year doesn't buy you much at the P5 level, but there's a lot of G5/FCS coaches that would jump at the opportunity to climb the ladder.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don’t buy into the myth of UConn being broke. 4 billion in total assets, $1 billion annual budget and over $385 million of cash or cash equivalents. I agree with you that Randy likely gets five years. If we have another one win season this year, and that’s certainly possible, then year 4 needs to be a big year to get him to year 5.

Reaction Score
Don’t buy into the myth of UConn being broke. 4 billion in total assets, $1 billion annual budget and over $385 million of cash or cash equivalents. I agree with you that Randy likely gets five years. If we have another one win season this year, and that’s certainly possible, then year 4 needs to be a big year to get him to year 5.
Edsall was hired because of his relationships with big boosters. He was not AD David Benedict’s top choice

CL82

Reaction Score
Edsall was hired because of his relationships with big boosters. He was not AD David Benedict’s top choice
Mmm not so sure about this. Who do you think was?

Reaction Score
Mmm not so sure about this. Who do you think was?
The hire was influenced by boosters longing for the good old days. Think Burton wanting Addazio. Got new lockers. Randy will leave if totally frustrated or if things become completely dire with no hope. Money talks.

CL82

Reaction Score
The hire was influenced by boosters longing for the good old days. Think Burton wanting Addazio. Got new lockers. Randy will leave if totally frustrated or if things become completely dire with no hope. Money talks.
So, again, who do you think was Benedict favorite, if you believe it wasn’t Randy?

Reaction Score
So, again, who do you think was Benedict favorite, if you believe it wasn’t Randy?
Saying Randy has backing of important people and firing would not be easy. Going back? Needed an offense minded coach. Ties to Auburn/MN. Lashlee, Kill, Morehead he he, Hc and or Oc @ James Madison. Ambrose?

CL82

Reaction Score
Saying Randy has backing of important people and firing would not be easy. Going back? Needed an offense minded coach. Ties to Auburn/MN. Lashlee, Kill, Morehead he he, Hc and or Oc @ James Madison. Ambrose?
So you still don’t have a name for a person can you believe was Benedict’s supposed first choice? Kind of seems like you were just talking out your butt when you said Randy wasn’t DB’s first choice to replace Diaco.

Reaction Score
So you still don’t have a name for a person can you believe was Benedict’s supposed first choice? Kind of seems like you were just talking out your butt when you said Randy wasn’t DB’s first choice to replace Diaco.
You’re right! It was Randy. They seem to be very tight and respect each other greatly.

Reaction Score
He just listed some names....

God Almighty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Screw the boosters and Larry McHugh. I'm going to other games.

Lou Spanos looks like a solid hire, though.

Reaction Score
Edsall gets a 4th year because you can't keep firing football coaches every 3 years and expect better results. Pasqualoni won 42% of his games, Diaco 29%, Edsall 2.0 is at 25%. Imagine the win percentage for the next guy?

CL82

Reaction Score
He just listed some names....

God Alrighty.
Relax, Butch.

Listing names is different from saying Guy X was the number 1 guy Randy was #2. The reality is DB courted Randy and talked to him about the idea of coming back and coming back on the cheap. People may not like it and it may or may not work out, but Benedict did good work in bringing in an experienced coach who knew UConn and wanted to be here.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Edsall gets a 4th year because you can't keep firing football coaches every 3 years and expect better results. Pasqualoni won 42% of his games, Diaco 29%, Edsall 2.0 is at 25%. Imagine the win percentage for the next guy?

Or just stop hiring over the hill coaches or whack jobs who can't recruit?

There's is no good reason to UConn can't recruit at around a top 75 level and play near .500 ball.

The level of expectations are so low after the past decade that we need a reset.

Nobody expects a top 40 program given the loss of BCS affiliation but there's a sweet spot in between that and a middling FCS program.

Reaction Score
Relax, Butch.

Listing names is different from saying Guy X was the number 1 guy Randy was #2. The reality is DB courted Randy and talked to him about the idea of coming back and coming back on the cheap. People may not like it and it may or may not work out, but Benedict did good work in bringing in an experienced coach who knew UConn and wanted to be here.
Boosters have more say than an AD.

Reaction Score
Or just stop hiring over the hill coaches or whack jobs who can't recruit?

There's is no good reason to UConn can't recruit at around a top 75 level and play near .500 ball.

The level of expectations are so low after the past decade that we need a reset.

Nobody expects a top 40 program given the loss of BCS affiliation but there's a sweet spot in between that and a middling FCS program.
It's not even the past decade. It's been since Diaco started recruiting.

CL82

Reaction Score
Boosters have more say than an AD.
Have you heard that we were looking at anyone but Randy to replace Diaco?

CL82

Reaction Score
That goes to prove boosters have more say than ADs.
It also goes to prove Randy wasn't the second choice. He was the only choice.

Reaction Score
This weekend:
Wyoming beats an SEC team (Missouri). Wyoming is not an easy place to recruit kids to.
Georgia State beats Tenn. GSU started their program in 2010.

How can RE defend the 5 year timeline to turn around a program with the geographical excuse and "I was left with a real mess" excuse. And the recruiting will only get tougher if we go 3-9 (though it will be spun as improvement)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm not quite sure where I stand on this. I really was not happy with the Big East move because it effectively killed this program.

Edsall is not working out but who is going to come in to an independent program and turn it around? Any of you who think we're paying $1 million a year for a coach to play an Indy schedule in front of 2k people, you're flipping crazy. If it doesn't work out with Edsall after his 5th year, I think there will be serious thought about what to do with the program, stay at FBS or drop to FCS. The only hold up will be the state and our stupid contract with The Rent.

I'm still holding out small hope that this somehow clicks at some point this season and we win some games. Many of you are very negative and the game didn't give us much hope, but there were other positives. I thought Thompkins looked explosive.

Anyway, rant over. Edsall will get his 5 years and then the program will need to be reassessed if it's still at it's current state. Ticket sales will continue to plummet with an Indy schedule, no matter what BS the AD is trying to spin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom