Aneesah Morrow | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why do I feel like it would be intriguing to watch her play with Clark at Iowa. Two big time scorers. Morrow would be the beneficiary of many Clark Assists, and Iowa has a proven track record with developing post players. Would be interesting but highly highly unlikely.
And IOWA is close to CHICAGO, her home town. Another Megan G.???

Reaction Score
She won't be in there long. An automatic double-double machine. No doubt there are a lot of coaches that would love to add her to their roster for next year. I'd like to know "the rest of the story." (Paul Harvey) Why is she leaving DePaul? She was a starter and the face of the program, so it can't be for lack of playing time or recognition.
I'd like to have her but Doug is Geno's Bud and if he chose, he'd ask: why is she leaving??
All other questions aside, would Morrow conform to the CD rules?

I don't care where she goes as long as it's not Columbia, Baton Rouge, or College Park.
Why not? With UConn's line up 2023/24 take 'em all on!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Unlike last year, the Terps didn’t lose any of their top players to the portal, only seldom used bench players. They return Sellers, Alexander, Briggs, and Masonius. I’m sure if Abby Meyers still had eligibility she would’ve returned too.
Players have until May 11th to enter the portal, so.... (this applies to any school, not just MD of course)

Reaction Score
I guess it depends why she decided to transfer out Depaul.
I am going to go out on a limb and say Morrow probably wants to WIN and make some $$. Good for her, the marketplace is for value and the transfer portal seems to be the new marketplace in sports.

Reaction Score
The evils of NIL begin:

"The University of Miami and the NCAA said women’s basketball coaches inadvertently helped arrange contact between a booster and two players, which is not permitted, as reported by the Associated Press on Friday.
The incident with the Hurricanes' is the first in which the NCAA is sanctioning a team related to an NIL infraction, the AP reported.
In addition to the year-long probation, Miami agreed to various other minor sanctions, such as a small fine — $5,000, plus 1 percent of the women’s basketball budget, which the school does not release as a private institution — and a slight reduction in what’s allowed in recruiting.

The NCAA investigated the actions of wealthy alumnus John Ruiz, who has signed several Miami athletes to NIL deals. Among them are women’s basketball players Haley and Hanna Cavinder, who transferred to Miami after meeting with Ruiz — though the Cavinders told the NCAA the meeting had nothing to do with their decision to play for the Hurricanes, the AP reported. "
That last sentence. If you have to explain the meeting with wealthy alumus John Ruiz, had nothing to do with their decision to play for the Hurricanes...it probably did. Can anyone explain the fascination with the Cavinder twins?

Reaction Score
Morrow took 25 shots per game last season, shooting 42% on over 800 total Shots. She took over 200 3’s at a 25% clip and shot 64% from the line. I wonder where she goes that will be a fit.
As an add on to your comment, if you watch the first time UConn played Dupaul, Morrow hogged the ball, shot mostly 3's, and refused to go underneath. Appeared she and Bruno got into a verbal argument. The second game, she played as you would expect, near the basket and used her physicality to get points and rebounds. Would be surprised if coaches like Geno or Dawn would want her on their team.

Reaction Score
That last sentence. If you have to explain the meeting with wealthy alumus John Ruiz, had nothing to do with their decision to play for the Hurricanes...it probably did. Can anyone explain the fascination with the Cavinder twins?
The way things are going today I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA was taken to court for that ruling.......

Reaction Score
Isn't there only one roster spot left? I would prefer someone at the 3 spot, a very mobile big. Cameron Brink would be awesome.

Reaction Score
I have no idea where Morrow wants to play and I won’t try to guess where she will land. Instead I will mention a team that could really use her scoring and rebounding: Vanderbilt. I am not saying that will happen (it’s a long shot at best) or that she is going in the same direction that Shea is taking the program or that Morrow and Shea will immediately see eye to eye and agree with the family and team first concept but wouldn’t be nice?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I also doubt Morrow will be the only high profile players to enter the portal this season.

Reaction Score
I’m keeping an eye on her social media in case Coach Valley follows.

So far, I’ve seen that she’s been followed by the Oregon team page, Raven Johnson of South Carolina, Brenda Frese, Jaz Shelley of Nebraska, Kelly Rae Finley and assistant Coaches from Syracuse, Nova, Kentucky and NC State since announcing.

Quite the list after only a few hours.

Reaction Score
Wow. Unless she transfers to another BE team, this is another blow to the women's BE conference. The conference will be much weaker next year, and this may hurt UConn indirectly in terms of recruitment. Ironically the UConn men's Title, Villanova recent Title success, Pitino at SJs, etc. has brought the men's BE to its highest point since the 80s.

Reaction Score
The Portal (and NIL) has really opened up a whole new world. I just hope Geno is flexible enough so UConn benefits from it, and is not a victim. You could make a strong argument the Portal was the difference maker in determining who won the Title the past 2 years.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The way things are going today I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA was taken to court for that ruling.......
Surprised it hasn't happened already....

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
On another note, it just wasn't Morrow that hit the portal at DePaul today.

and Kendall Holmes, the third leading scorer, declared last week (although I've got to think her decision may have had something to do with Morrow and Rogers hoisting up 1200+ shots last season).

So, Coach Bruno is down his top three scorers. I feel for him...good coach, good guy. :(

Reaction Score
On another note, it just wasn't Morrow that hit the portal at DePaul today.

and Kendall Holmes, the third leading scorer, declared last week (although I've got to think her decision may have had something to do with Morrow and Rogers hoisting up 1200+ shots last season).

So, Coach Bruno is down his top three scorers. I feel for him...good coach, good guy. :(

too bad WBB isn't like European football where teams can lend players to other teams to get experience instead of sitting on the bench.......

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Wow. Unless she transfers to another BE team, this is another blow to the women's BE conference. The conference will be much weaker next year, and this may hurt UConn indirectly in terms of recruitment. Ironically the UConn men's Title, Villanova recent Title success, Pitino at SJs, etc. has brought the men's BE to its highest point since the 80s.

Why? DePaul was bad last year with Morrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom