Aneesah Morrow | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think Morrow is a good fit for UConn chemistry-wise.
She's from IL. If she wants to stay relatively close to home there are a few good options for her. Notre Dame comes to mind.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Iowa or the U of Southern California would be interesting for Morrow. Tennessee might be a good fit too. UGA?

Some place that needs a four.
There is a top-ranked D-1 program in the country that would welcome and cultivate her skillset into its style of play. All she has to do is find/identify that team. The school year for most colleges ends next month. I expect Morrow to make a decision and announce it by then.

Reaction Score
Per Lila Bromberg on twitter - she's in the portal. Would Geno consider picking up?

Absolutely! He's said she's the best player in the league. She would not only join a talented Connecticut team, but both fit in and contribute mightily to it.

He should get a plane ticket and meet with her right away.

Reaction Score
Ummm, young, blonde, female, in shape, twins, social media presence. Don't know if you need more than that nowadays.

Yea, I don't get it either, but some people do.
...but can they play basketball?

Reaction Score
I think she will stay close to home, so her family can watch her. That's why she chose to go to DePaul anyways.
Yup. I see it like you.

I'm seeing a Great Lakes Area Big Ten team or Notre Dame (maybe Louisville) in her future.

Reaction Score
I mean SC fans are claiming their bench players are better than the 4 seniors they are losing to the draft so why would they need Morrow ? She’s a heck of a player and a rebound machine so someone’s gonna get a very good player
WRONG. A few of us ave expressed some doubt. We have never stated that the bench players are better than the 4 seniors. (BTW, Cardosa is one of those "bench players." Watkins has the physical ability to cover the loss of Saxton) We have argued that the reason they are (have been) bench players is that they have been playing behind those seniors. Feagin and Watkins would have started for most teams in the P-6.

I'm one of those who has posted skepticism about Dawn's level of interest in Mortrow. While I love Feagin and Watkins, I (we) have never stated that the young roster is better than Morrow. We have alot of talent and our returners have a unified dedication to the team. It's up to Dawn, of course, but she has to weigh more than Morrow's talent for team chemistry.

Not saying Dawn wont pursue Morrow, but I doubt she just immediately throws on offer on the table without considering many factors.
\
Now, if Morris was a talented guard who could step in for Zia . . .

Reaction Score
I seriously doubt she'll land in College Park. Players are bailing out of Maryland in droves, and away from head coach Brenda Frese. There's a reason for the mass exodus. :rolleyes: You don't run toward a situation others are running from, and running by you. We should not have to wait too long for her to announce her new destination.
Whoa, leaving Maryland in droves, trying to get away from Freese? I guess Abby Meyers,BrinaeAlexander( all Sec at Vandy)and Lavender Briggs from Fla. didn't hear about that, and transferred to Maryland. And Diamond Miller(2nd choice in WNBA draft perhaps, and played all her years at Maryland), Shyanne
Sellers( 6th player of the year in Big Ten as a frosh), and Faith Masonius stayed around, on a team that hammered Arizona and Notre Dame in the tourney, and gave SC a pretty good game. Oh, and there was that win over UConn. Yes Angel Reese left, because Mulkey said she would free her up,, beyond center duties, and so did Owusu, but she is back in the portal again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know anything about NIL but I have noticed that Miami will pay the moon in all sports. They have a good coach but are losing some players so that would be landing spot where she could still be the center of attention and make a little money too.

Reaction Score
As a side note. If the coaches want to curb the traffic on the portal then they need to quit picking up players that are in said portal. If you want to pick up a Graduate Transfer that is fine since that player already completed here contract with the school. The really need to go back to the sitting out a year to move or this will really damage the game. Once school losing their top two players can really alter the plan when building a team.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I doubt Geno would take her unless Bruno asked him to.
There was a somewhat analogous situation when Geno had an interest in hiring Jasmine Lister as an assistant coach. Lister had been a graduate assistant at UConn. Geno had recommended her to Doug who hired her as an Assistant Coach.

When Marisa left UConn to take the HC job at BU, Geno asked Doug about Jasmine’s availability. Doug was very supportive of the move, believing it was a great career opportunity for Jasmine. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out. But I think Doug and Geno are absolutely the best of friends, and Doug would have no problem supporting Morrow moving on to UConn.

Having said that, I don’t necessarily feel that Morrow and UConn are a good fit. With Aaliyah down in the low post, I don’t see how you also have Morrow in the lineup, unless you move one of them outside, which is not optimal for whoever ends up away from the basket.

This would set up the same situation as when Pheesa & Z played together during the 2017-18 season. Neither player was particularly effective from the perimeter.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Don't think this site has a good track record:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Don't think this site has a good track record:

Correct, this site doesn't appear to have a good track record. However, let's not forget that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.

But the real question is why is only this site reporting it?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As a side note. If the coaches want to curb the traffic on the portal then they need to quit picking up players that are in said portal. If you want to pick up a Graduate Transfer that is fine since that player already completed here contract with the school. The really need to go back to the sitting out a year to move or this will really damage the game. Once school losing their top two players can really alter the plan when building a team.
It is part of the NCAA's "freedom of movement" that is so widespread in games. Just on a different level. :):rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom