Aneesah Morrow | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think she will stay close to home, so her family can watch her. That's why she chose to go to DePaul anyways.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Morrow would be an excellent fit at SC, IMO, as long as she doesn't expect to take every shot.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I never said that I thought she would go there or would even consider it. I was just identify places I don't want to see her go. I think you leapt to an indirect conclusion. I don't like the coaches at those schools and I don't want to see them get players that would make them better.
Understood. :cool:

Reaction Score
I've been thinking all along we need one more "big" to replace Dorka - didn't expect to see Ms Morrow's name in the hat though. She's a proven commodity and maybe she's needed and could be a good fit. But....on the other hand, my gut feel is that both Jana and Ice are going to be good, real good, so perhaps a transfer isn't needed to replace Dorka.

It's quandary time.....but some competing coach will probably decide the outcome of all this.

Reaction Score
My two cents:
If she’s looking for more success from a winning/post season perspective, then I’d imagine South Carolina, LSU, and VT are all good options. I’d say VT has a dire need for a player like Morrow than can rebound, score, and provide some front court depth. SC and LSU lost some prime talent to graduation and both have had success with transfers before, so I’d imagine they’d also gladly find plenty of playing time for her. SC and LSU might also be better from a development perspective, too, given Staley’s and Mulkey’s reputations for developing post players.

UConn could definitely use another proven rebounder, but staying in the Big East (where she’d face her former team) and playing for one of her ex-coach’s best friends are probably factors in her decision.

Reaction Score
UConn could definitely use another proven rebounder, but staying in the Big East (where she’d face her former team) and playing for one of her ex-coach’s best friends are probably factors in her decision.
I doubt very much Morrow (or any player for that matter) is going to care whether the new coach is friends with the old one. The coaches may care though. And what do we think Doug will say to Geno about this? Two possibilities:
1) “Don’t you dare sign her.”
2) “She’s a really good kid and we need to keep her in the Big East.”

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I've been thinking all along we need one more "big" to replace Dorka - didn't expect to see Ms Morrow's name in the hat though. She's a proven commodity and maybe she's needed and could be a good fit. But....on the other hand, my gut feel is that both Jana and Ice are going to be good, real good, so perhaps a transfer isn't needed to replace Dorka.

It's quandary time.....but some competing coach will probably decide the outcome of all this.
The BY had this situation when Dorka had committed, and Cardozo entered the portal. Should UConn go after or not. Some said UConn should not because of the young post players they had, which included DeBerry. Suppose DeBerry does not pan out and Ice is nowhere near ready. Not sure if it would be wise if she wanted to play for UConn and they turn her down. It won't bother me if they don't want her.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I can't imagine her coming here. She doesn't seem particularly interested in playing defense. Not a fit for UCONN.

Pilot B52

Pilot B52
Reaction Score
We have only one scholarship left for 2024 and need a big post. Morrow is a great player but not a fit for UConn.

Reaction Score
We have only one scholarship left for 2024 and need a big post. Morrow is a great player but not a fit for UConn.
I don’t think we need any other players. But I am unpersuaded by the fixation on tall posts. Morrow and Pili have pretty well demonstrated the value of energetic strong posts who aren’t that tall. Czinano and Holmes are other examples. And of course Angel Reese, not to mention our Aaliyah.

I think Morrow could fit at UConn just fine. She’s an active relentless rebounder and an effective post scorer. I just don’t think we need her.

Reaction Score
I’m keeping an eye on her social media in case Coach Valley follows.

So far, I’ve seen that she’s been followed by the Oregon team page, Raven Johnson of South Carolina, Brenda Frese, Jaz Shelley of Nebraska, Kelly Rae Finley and assistant Coaches from Syracuse, Nova, Kentucky and NC State since announcing.

Quite the list after only a few hours.
Lindsay Gottlieb, Nicki Collen and the Arizona team page are now in on the Aneesah Morrow sweepstakes.

One thing’s for sure, this transfer portal is looking to shape College basketball for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
She won't be in there long. An automatic double-double machine. No doubt there are a lot of coaches that would love to add her to their roster for next year. I'd like to know "the rest of the story." (Paul Harvey) Why is she leaving DePaul? She was a starter and the face of the program, so it can't be for lack of playing time or recognition.
She probably wants to win a championship! Perhaps she hadn’t realized just how good she was and now sees that she can play with anybody and that she could actually go to one of the contenders and help win a title! Who knows? It is pretty interesting though. Would Geno be interested? Would she be interested? I’m sure Geno would pass in a heartbeat if he felt it would affect his friendship with Bruno and also if, as some have speculated, there is some kind of silent commitment from a certain very Strong player who seems to be a possible Morrow clone.

Reaction Score
She would slip right in to Czinano's slot at Iowa.
Iowa also has a commitment from Ava Heiden who imo is going to be a very good post for them. I was hoping Geno would recruit her.

Reaction Score
I have no idea where Morrow wants to play and I won’t try to guess where she will land. Instead I will mention a team that could really use her scoring and rebounding: Vanderbilt. I am not saying that will happen (it’s a long shot at best) or that she is going in the same direction that Shea is taking the program or that Morrow and Shea will immediately see eye to eye and agree with the family and team first concept but wouldn’t be nice?
I, kind of, like that idea. Vanderbilt and Shea would be a
benefit TO Morrow. It is the SEC and the UCONN Pedigree
of Shea might rub off somewhat on Aneesah. Just guessing!!

Reaction Score
The BY had this situation when Dorka had committed, and Cardozo entered the portal. Should UConn go after or not. Some said UConn should not because of the young post players they had, which included DeBerry. Suppose DeBerry does not pan out and Ice is nowhere near ready. Not sure if it would be wise if she wanted to play for UConn and they turn her down. It won't bother me if they don't want her.
The perrennial UCONN question... Will Amari make the " leap ",?? I think yes.. but a small
leap this year, but a good one, and some additional polishing in her senior year. That does
not answer the Aneesah Morrow question, but it is part of the equation. ( the unknown " x"
= as they say in H.S. " solve for the unknown. X "

Reaction Score
Iowa or the U of Southern California would be interesting for Morrow. Tennessee might be a good fit too. UGA?

Some place that needs a four.

Reaction Score
She probably wants to win a championship! Perhaps she hadn’t realized just how good she was and now sees that she can play with anybody and that she could actually go to one of the contenders and help win a title! Who knows? It is pretty interesting though. Would Geno be interested? Would she be interested? I’m sure Geno would pass in a heartbeat if he felt it would affect his friendship with Bruno and also if, as some have speculated, there is some kind of silent commitment from a certain very Strong player who seems to be a possible Morrow clone.
@Cuango, I see what you did here.

Reaction Score
On another note, it just wasn't Morrow that hit the portal at DePaul today.

and Kendall Holmes, the third leading scorer, declared last week (although I've got to think her decision may have had something to do with Morrow and Rogers hoisting up 1200+ shots last season).

So, Coach Bruno is down his top three scorers. I feel for him...good coach, good guy. :(

Mixed feelings regarding Bruno. He recruited some players who at times didn't seem to like to be coached (i.e. Morrow) and is now paying the price.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Maybe Miami did take it to court, to the basketball court, & they appealed it all of the way to the Elite 8 after beating #1 seed Indiana.
Now that you raise Miami, Destiny Harden is out of years (I think)...maybe Aneesah and family want to hit the beach at Coral Gables? Katie Meier is well known for facilitating different personalities and styles. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
The perrennial UCONN question... Will Amari make the " leap ",?? I think yes.. but a small
leap this year, but a good one, and some additional polishing in her senior year. That does
not answer the Aneesah Morrow question, but it is part of the equation. ( the unknown " x"
= as they say in H.S. " solve for the unknown. X "
Hope springs eternal. Amari’s ongoing development will be the subject of many comments by boneyarders this summer. I’m still sitting on the front row of her cheering section with my pom poms and popcorn waiting for her breakout game/season. Keep hope alive. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Mixed feelings regarding Bruno. He recruited some players who at times didn't seem to like to be coached (i.e. Morrow) and is now paying the price.
Remember Bruno was going to retire 2 seasons ago, but didn’t. His current players are aware of this I’m sure. It was made public and written about in the local press and mentioned here in the yard.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That last sentence. If you have to explain the meeting with wealthy alumus John Ruiz, had nothing to do with their decision to play for the Hurricanes...it probably did. Can anyone explain the fascination with the Cavinder twins?
Ummm, young, blonde, female, in shape, twins, social media presence. Don't know if you need more than that nowadays.

Yea, I don't get it either, but some people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom