Alterique Gilbert Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alterique Gilbert Update

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Sophomore but he could apply for a 6th year of eligibility and would have a very good chance at getting it.
But he would have to transfer to any other school to qualify.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also, I know he's best known for his elbow work, but not a good sign when Dr. J.A. is passing the buck. Poor kid doesn't deserve this.

Considering Andrews' medical center gets x-rays and medical files almost instantaneously from a dozen colleges and pro teams every weekend and makes nearly instantaneous diagnosis, travel plans, medical procedures and recovery plans every weekend, this looks less than great.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Considering Andrews' medical center gets x-rays and medical files almost instantaneously from a dozen colleges and pro teams every weekend and makes nearly instantaneous diagnosis, travel plans, medical procedures and recovery plans every weekend, this looks less than great.

He's got a huge sports medicine practice, so it very well could be another Dr at his medical Center. The tweet implied Andrews looked at the case himself.

Reaction Score
Its a special type of surgery that a few people r experts at. U go with the surgeon and not the facility. This is why Larrier just had the nasal surgery at New London. We still have to send people from Hartford to Backus for a type of non-invasive biopsy that no one does here.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Disagree. Medicine including surgery is becoming more and more specialized. Dr Andrews is up there in age which maybe dulls his Cutting skills but improves his diagnostic skills. Add that he knows who is best to treat is a plus. I am a Hospital for Special Surgery fan and Ed Craig is their shoulder guy. I am so hoping they can fix this but would definitely act as if he will not be available.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
As I said two weeks ago, Gilbert did have his surgery in January. I have more info about his recovery but I can't tell the casual medical fans know yet.
The laser strategy goes forward.

Reaction Score
I cannot believe how much time is spent posting about this guy. He will likely never play basketball for UConn or anyone else. He was erroneously recruited by a desperate program even with the knowledge of his preexisting injury. I guess it is just wishful thinking, but wishful thinking is usually not reality.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I cannot believe how much time is spent posting about this guy. He will likely never play basketball for UConn or anyone else. He was erroneously recruited by a desperate program even with the knowledge of his preexisting injury. I guess it is just wishful thinking, but wishful thinking is usually not reality.
This has been the most false assumption on the BY.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I guess Illinois, Louisville, Syracuse, And Texas made huge errors too.

How many injuries do you think he had before the LOI was signed?

Reaction Score

Hilarious how far from the truth your post is. Is this an erroneous post from a desperate poster?

C

Chief00

He is a great kid who works hard. When healthy - he can play.

Reaction Score
He is a great kid who works hard. When healthy - he can play.
I am not questioning the type of guy he is and he may very well be a great kid who works hard. But...the fact is, men with this type of injury usually never get back to where they were and it is not a lie that he had a preexisting injury. Give him an academic scholarship. Fine. But to recruit someone with such a preexisting injury into what is supposed to be an elite basketball program is just wishful thinking and wishful thinking rarely comes true.

Reaction Score
Hilarious how far from the truth your post is. Is this an erroneous post from a desperate poster?
So, I guess you think he will be leading UConn to a national championship next year. I personally doubt it very much. I am not picking on him. Just the posters here who have unrealistic expectations for this young man's basketball career.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He was definitely worth a chance. I think your assessment of how doomed he was is wrong.
Other big schools recruited him.
You can't believe how much time you wasted posting about him, you say as you post about him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I am not questioning the type of guy he is and he may very well be a great kid who works hard. But...the fact is, men with this type of injury usually never get back to where they were and it is not a lie that he had a preexisting injury. Give him an academic scholarship. Fine. But to recruit someone with such a preexisting injury into what is supposed to be an elite basketball program is just wishful thinking and wishful thinking rarely comes true.

He got his main injury in the McD's AA game. After he signed an LOI. So you are gonna pull a scholarship at that point?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom