Alterique Gilbert Update | The Boneyard

Alterique Gilbert Update

Reaction Score
If this is recent info, why would it take to now to see a doctor with more expertise? Was the previous doctor that did the last operation someone with the correct expertise? Am I reading to much into this?

Reaction Score
He’s our starting point guard unless he isn’t. KO should actually be recruiting like he’s not going to play, getting another pg besides Akinjo. If he’s back all the better.

Reaction Score
Just. curious. This is big time surgery and with it big time money.

Anybody know how the cost is covered? Insurance?

Reaction Score
Just. curious. This is big time surgery and with it big time money.

Anybody know how the cost is covered? Insurance?
If over 90k (I think that is the #) then NCAA pays under the CIIP.

Otherwise UConn with its insurance under NCAA bylaws. In rare cases insurance won't cover all the med expenses. Depends on what the school chooses for coverage. In that case athlete may pay some OOP. In AG's case UCONN insurance got this.

Something like that....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Summer, when these guys can put in major time working on their game, is less than 5 months away. What is taking so long?

Between the brace issues last fall and this neverending series of delays, it has been an absolute fiasco bordering on incompetence by all involved.

Reaction Score
Summer, when these guys can put in major time working on their game, is less than 5 months away. What is taking so long?

Between the brace issues last fall and this neverending series of delays, it has been an absolute fiasco bordering on incompetence by all involved.
It is a process...ever heard that 1 before?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Surgery is always the last option. They will try and do everything else until surgery is what's needed. It's AGs shoulder and life he is the decision maker not the fans, athletic office or coaches

Reaction Score

He has been doing physical therapy so the recovery time post surgery won't be as long. Very common.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What, we only knew 2 months ago that he needed to have his shoulder repaired again.

Wrong.

Alterique still considered returning this year until right before Xmas. So it's been a month.

But yeah, I get the overall point that once the decision was made it has been dragging.

Reaction Score
I’m not too good at knowing these things. With the latest surgery how will this affect his scholarship. Will he be a freshman again or a sophomore

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I’m not too good at knowing these things. With the latest surgery how will this affect his scholarship. Will he be a freshman again or a sophomore
Soph.

Even being seen by Andrews is good. He knows who the best is for the surgery better than anyone. Hopefully AG can finally get healthy and work towards returning to form.

Reaction Score
Sophomore but he could apply for a 6th year of eligibility and would have a very good chance at getting it.

Reaction Score
Sophomore but he could apply for a 6th year of eligibility and would have a very good chance at getting it.
That’s what I was thinking wasn’t sure if the was possible

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom