2020 Recruiting: - Alan Griffin | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Alan Griffin

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bottom line, I don’t think the fans or the coaching staff would want a player focused on being “the guy.” This is a rebuild. We don’t need players looking to be the guy. We need guys willing to do whatever it takes to win.
Yep, just saying that I am not all that concerned about it, given the dad's public comments and the daughter's play and personality this past year. The sons could be completely different, I guess.

Reaction Score
Sounds very Vance Jackson-esque. I want guys who put the team over themselves, not guys who are focused on being “the guy.” How has that worked out for Kyrie Irving?
I wouldn’t buy into this very much. I’m pretty well-versed in NYS basketball - especially CHSAA and Section 1 (Westchester). I’ve heard nothing but special things about Griffin and the entire family.

Illinois fans are just bitter to lose a player of Griffin’s caliber entering into a season that was full of hope and hype.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t buy into this very much. I’m pretty well-versed in NYS basketball - especially CHSAA and Section 1 (Westchester). I’ve heard nothing but special things about Griffin and the entire family.

Illinois fans are just bitter to lose a player of Griffin’s caliber entering into a season that was full of hope and hype.

That is good to hear. Regardless of whether or not he’s that type of player, we don’t need players like that. This whole thing about needing the be “the guy” is getting a bit ridiculous. Now being the guy is more important than winning for a lot of players. I’m glad to hear this kid isn’t one of them.

Reaction Score
Not sure how valuable this is, but...

That site is very interesting, especially when you see some of the names chasing a LOT of players........Memphis being one of them.
Lots of kids from smaller schools with high 3 PT %'s getting many major schools involved.
UConn is mentioned with a few, but there's lots of Big East and AAC schools, some B1G, etc.

As for Duke, maybe he'd rather play two years here and be able to watch his sister play then wait a year to play one with his brother................

Reaction Score
That is good to hear. Regardless of whether or not he’s that type of player, we don’t need players like that. This whole thing about needing the be “the guy” is getting a bit ridiculous. Now being the guy is more important than winning for a lot of players. I’m glad to hear this kid isn’t one of them.

His sister is a quiet excellent contributor off the bench as a freshman. She had no obvious ego, a team player and a major athlete. If he's anything like her we want him without question.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yes. Although you could probably convince me to start him and have Gaffney come off the bench
I love Gaffney, but it is very obvious to me that this kid would start over him at SG. Illinois fans thought he was looking at a 15ppg junior season in the B10. He'd instantly be the best shooter on the team.

Reaction Score
I love Gaffney, but it is very obvious to me that this kid would start over him at SG. Illinois fans thought he was looking at a 15ppg junior season in the B10. He'd instantly be the best shooter on the team.
Yeah he would probably start if he came here, I just don't see what everyone else does when looking at him. Good player sure, best shooter on the team sure. But I just don't see him challenging Bouknight as the best player on the team

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This is not emerging, it is well established science. If you play evening games, you ought to have a 4-hour shifted circadian rhythm such that an evening 7-9 pm game feels to your body like 3-5 pm. That means no significant physical activity or blue light exposure before noon.

5 am weightlifting would be catastrophically bad scheduling. Players ought to wear blue blocking glasses for morning classes and have bright 5000K white light bulbs in the evening in their dorms. Practice in afternoons or evenings.
Would they even be recommended to lift on game days? Doesn't the exertion of the game supercede the need to lift that day?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Would they even be recommended to lift on game days? Doesn't the exertion of the game supercede the need to lift that day?

best time to life would probably be after the game.

I know some mlb s&c guys day the best time for them to life is after the game. It is a different set of circumstances, but still could be the same here.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
IF he is the SG UConn has issues!

cole is the pg...where is gaffney right now for you?

Reaction Score
Sounds very Vance Jackson-esque. I want guys who put the team over themselves, not guys who are focused on being “the guy.” How has that worked out for Kyrie Irving?
He sounds like a poor mans vance jackson

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah he would probably start if he came here, I just don't see what everyone else does when looking at him. Good player sure, best shooter on the team sure. But I just don't see him challenging Bouknight as the best player on the team
Why does he need to be the best player on the team?

Reaction Score
He sounds like a poor mans vance jackson

He's a much better player than Vance Jackson so not at all poor mans. My guess is he would change the starting rotation if for some reason he found his way to Storrs.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him. He's right behind Nolley on my wish list
I gotcha, I'm personally indifferent on Nolley, so I'll take this kid first.

Reaction Score
Gaffney not a shooting guard, he would either start at point OR back up RJ - pretty simple
I'm sure DH would use 3 guards at once some of the time.

Reaction Score
How many more scholarships do we have available? I'd rather prioritize Nolley whose shown more interest in us, and in my opinion is a better player on both the offensive and defensive end. If another spot opens up after we get Nolley (if we do) I would prefer a big man and not another guard.

Reaction Score
cole is the pg...where is gaffney right now for you?
You answered your own question. Gaffney is a PG

People picture Bouk with 1 out of Jackson, Polley, Nolley or this guy Griffin as starters.

Gaffney off the bench behind Cole.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom