2020 Recruiting: - Alan Griffin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Alan Griffin

Reaction Score
This kid should be our number 1 priority. Take him over everyone else.
Excellent offensive player. Defense was supposedly poor which didn’t help him get as much playing time as he wanted.

Reaction Score
Are they changing the transfer rule from sitting out a year to immediately eligible now?

Reaction Score
8:30ish bedtimes? What kind of coach does that?

How did he end up at Illinois anyway? I wonder what other schools heavily recruited him.
His other top offers were St John's, UMass, and Iona. Not a ton of interest coming out of HS

Reaction Score
It can't hurt that Hurley played with his dad at Seton Hall, right? He could play a lot off the bench this year, or maybe even start, and then step into a bigger role if Bouknight leaves after his sophomore season.

Reaction Score
Seems like a perfect instant offense type guy off the bench at the 2 or the 3. I doubt we’d take both him and Nolley though; think the 2nd guy would be hard to convince if we one, not to mention the talent we already have. Seems like a big would be the better move for the last spot, if one does open up.

Reaction Score
One who wants to win and help get kids to the next level? Because you probably got 5am lift before class.

Science is still emerging on this, but it seems like it would be terrible for biorhythms if you're playing 7-8pm games.

Reaction Score
People think this kid would come off the bench?
Yes. Although you could probably convince me to start him and have Gaffney come off the bench

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes. Although you could probably convince me to start him and have Gaffney come off the bench

I don't think the issue is Griffin vs. Gaffney, it's Griffin vs. Jackson. Just by looking at his numbers, I think Griffin would start over Gaffney.

Reaction Score
I don't think the issue is Griffin vs. Gaffney, it's Griffin vs. Jackson. Just by looking at his numbers, I think Griffin would start over Gaffney.
I don't view Jackson as a starter currently so that's not the case

Reaction Score
People think this kid would come off the bench?

You act like the guy was a 20 ppg scorer. He scored 8 ppg, albeit efficiently, and the reports are that he was not very good defensively which limited his PT. We all know that won't fly with Hurley.

For him to start, he'd have to beat out Jackson, Polley, and maybe Nolley if we get him. I honestly think he seems like a better fit as a scorer off the bench.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
You act like the guy was a 20 ppg scorer. He scored 8 ppg, albeit efficiently, and the reports are that he was not very good defensively which limited his PT. We all know that won't fly with Hurley.

For him to start, he'd have to beat out Jackson, Polley, and maybe Nolley if we get him. I honestly think he seems like a better fit as a scorer off the bench.
He's transferring to be a starter somewhere I'd imagine. He was a bench guy for Illinois.

Reaction Score
I think it is foolish to pit one player against another in discussion. He is obviously very skilled and talented. He looks to be a terrific player. Players earn minutes based upon performance, work ethic, team needs and specific game situations. He, obviously, knows how to get the ball in the hoop. He looks to have the physical attributes that are needed to play successfully in college. His sister shows enormous potential and flashes of brilliance so we have very interesting lineage here - and connection. We need talented scores. Does this fir DH's eye for the type of team he can be successful with? I believe so but it's his call - he is the expert - I'm just a fan. I want what he wants. When he gets it - I will support and cheer for what we get. I do believe that our culture encourages kids to think 'it's all about them'... (don't recruit others of similar position or ability - or I'll look the other way). To those - I believe they should go elsewhere... The coaches over the last 25-30 years will tell you about the change in the mindset of kids in these positions. They don't realize it yet - but it ain't about them - yet. So recruiting is a tougher sell nowadays. Where's and money seem to be effective for some of the schools... but it still doesn't make it right. It's disgusting - and wrong. That is the Calipari's other world completely disgust me. I hope Kentucky struggles mightily. I really have nothing against the fans who may be unaware of the devious nature and practices of certain coaches and staff. So... I want good and talented kids that want to be here and their beliefs/attitudes show a little bit of temperament. The arrogant - it's all about me kids can move on - they will hurt you in the long run. KO had tendency to take on anyone almost in need - and didn't get enough talent. After the first came so easy with a lot JC's players (like Bazz). I think he may have had different perception about how to succeed in this game. I'm not naming names but the players were not good enough - just my opinion. You now combine that with distraction and Him falling off his rails off faith... and he crashes. KO is still family and is prayed for by many - but he needs to get some things right within his own crew and responsibilities in life. So... it seems to have become a delicate balance of things.. not just a'grind'. I know many of young kids perceive college as a stage to showcase their talents to get to the league. Uh... Nowhere in there thinking is the fact that it a school - and getting an education should be in thought. Again, they are selfish, self-centered kids that are a product of a modern culture. Sad.

Reaction Score
He's transferring to be a starter somewhere I'd imagine. He was a bench guy for Illinois.

No reason he can't start here. Cole, Griffin, Bouk etc etc...That kid will get minutes here no doubt.

Don't like K reaching out. Oh well good luck to the kid. Big East is good for him and I hope he loves his sister!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom