ACC Regular Season 2023-24 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ACC Regular Season 2023-24

Reaction Score
You jest, but pretty much any team in the country could use a player like Utsby. Currently leading the team in rebounding, assists and steals, 2nd in scoring, 2nd in FG% (I'm not counting the player with only 3 attempts for the season). I think your Devils could use all the help they could get after posting a 4 point quarter. Yes, I went there.
“If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it probably is a duck”

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
One huge surprise from today's Duke game was the insertion our Belgian PG from the 2024 Class. She arrived on Campus during the break, and most of us expected her to merely practice with the team while getting acclima

Reaction Score
One huge surprise from today's Duke game was the insertion our Belgian PG from the 2024 Class. She arrived on Campus during the break, and most of us expected her to merely practice with the team while getting acclima

Interesting decision as it means her eligibility starts now. Hopefully they plan on getting her decent minutes for the balance of the season.

Reaction Score
Interesting decision as it means her eligibility starts now. Hopefully they plan on getting her decent minutes for the balance of the season.
I think the desperate need for a back-up for Mair drove the decision. Ashlon Jackson has been filling that role and it’s completely out of position for her. Battison being able to come in and give Mair a breather is most likely the goal. I would also think Kara is confident in what she’s seen so far with her to get the ball rolling.

Reaction Score
She was recruited bc VDJ got hurt. If she could have started in the fall, Duke would have let her. We need another point guard. Ashlon is so much better when she doesn't have pg duties. Hopefully, Louann can give T the breaks she needs and Ashlon can just be a shooting guard

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She was recruited bc VDJ got hurt. If she could have started in the fall, Duke would have let her. We need another point guard. Ashlon is so much better when she doesn't have pg duties. Hopefully, Louann can give T the breaks she needs and Ashlon can just be a shooting guard

I've been thinking all season long how nice it would be to have another true PG and have a few minutes in a game where Mair plays off the ball and can look for her shot without having to worry about setting up the offense. Hopefully in time, Battison can provide that option

Reaction Score
Two maybe three upsets today just so the voters have to do some work and not send in a copy. Anything to make it interesting in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Who had Louisville as the last undefeated team at this point of conference play? Considering they're still figuring themselves out I know I didn't.

Reaction Score
Who had Louisville as the last undefeated team at this point of conference play? Considering they're still figuring themselves out I know I didn't.
Who had NC State in 8th place in the ACC standings - yesterday?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
TGIF @triaddukefan - IYHO, was Duke's win last night a sign of things to come, or was it more that VA Tech couldn't make baskets, Kitley only one in double figures, and Amore getting hurt?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
TGIF @triaddukefan - IYHO, was Duke's win last night a sign of things to come, or was it more that VA Tech couldn't make baskets, Kitley only one in double figures, and Amore getting hurt?

Its all about turnovers. Our biggest weaknesses has been being turnover prone. A combination of carelessness and being too aggressive. If we can keep them to 14 or less check we will win most of our remaining games. There isn't a game on the rest of out schedule that we can't win. Conversely we can lose to anyone outside of Wake, Pitt, and UVA.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Its all about turnovers. Our biggest weaknesses has been being turnover prone. A combination of carelessness and being too aggressive. If we can keep them to 14 or less check we will win most of our remaining games. There isn't a game on the rest of out schedule that we can't win. Conversely we can lose to anyone outside of Wake, Pitt, and UVA.
I completely agree, Apple turnovers are my favorite but I wouldn't turn down a Blueberry or Cherry Turnover if one was offered...:cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I completely agree, Apple turnovers are my favorite but I wouldn't turn down a Blueberry or Cherry Turnover if one was offered...:cool:

Blueberry Turnover?

20210313_234315.jpg

Apple turnovers are tremendous... Especially warmed up with a dab of whipped cream on top. The absolute best though were the Chocolate ones that Arby's used to sell... And they had a drizzle of icing on the top. I actually broke down and wept at the counter when they told me that they discontinued them.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It's still kind of early in the conference season. There will be lots of shifting of positions in the top 8 as the schedule plays out. I would say that Louisville (5-0) has had an easy time of it so far (with their games against bottom-feeders Pitt and Wake)...but NC State has also beaten bottom-feeder Virginia twice. NC State, though, has played two ranked teams in their first 5 ACC games...Louisville has played zero but gets their first try against UNC on the road Sunday.

The unbalanced schedule, and the designated pods, play a role in the final standings. Based on how things stand after just a handful of games played for each team, one would think that Louisville, Florida State and Syracuse have an early advantage over the others for claiming one of the top 4 seeds (and that precious double-bye) at the ACCT.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't count anyone out. Duke beat UVA by only 4 and they play again late when desperation and injuries pile up. Pitt can be trouble at Pitt especially if the refs get involved. And maybe Duke might get an injury before Wake. Pretty much anything can happen in the ACC in any game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wouldn't count anyone out. Duke lost to UVA by only 4 and they play again late when desperation and injuries pile up. Pitt can be trouble at Pitt especially if the refs get involved. And maybe Duke might get an injury before Wake. Pretty much anything can happen in the ACC in any game.
I’m assuming you meant Duke beat UVA by only 4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom