Status
Not open for further replies.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ohio State gets another commitment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jaloni Cambridge with an instagram reel that indicates she'll release a Top 7 tomorrow (Sunday).

Reaction Score
Top 7
disappointed tv land GIF by YoungerTV

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Only real surprise to me in that list of finalists is Florida.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Katie Fiso '24 from Seattle Garfield HS has committed to Oregon. Prospects Nation has her #18, Hoopgurlz #34.

Washington has guards coming out of their ears from the last several classes, so it wasn't a position of need...but as it has been FOREVER, no coach seems to be able to recruit the local HS talent to UW.

Reaction Score
Katie Fiso '24 from Seattle Garfield HS has committed to Oregon. Prospects Nation has her #18, Hoopgurlz #34.

Washington has guards coming out of their ears from the last several classes, so it wasn't a position of need...but as it has been FOREVER, no coach seems to be able to recruit the local HS talent to UW.
Finally a nice start for Oregon for 2024.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Every source other than ESPN (including her own Instagram) has Delaney Gibb committing to BYU. ESPN has Utah listed. Oops.

Reaction Score
Every source other than ESPN (including her own Instagram) has Delaney Gibb committing to BYU. ESPN has Utah listed. Oops.

At least they got the state right. BYU seems like the right fit for her, even with their move to the Big 12.

Initially some in Canada saw her to be an up and coming elite talent, which she still is in my opinion. Her progression seems to have plateaued however when others like Syla Swords and Jasmine Bascoe being included with the Senior Women's team training camp that is currently happening. We'll see what happens during U19 FIBAs and her senior season.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Hmmm. The heck with "what, no schools north of the Mason-Dixon Line?" my initial observation. This is just one non-SEC school in the finalist pool (and FSU feels like it's trying to get in there every year, anyways.). Still, no Georgia for the Peach State native.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hmmm. The heck with "what, no schools north of the Mason-Dixon Line?" observation. This is, whoa, just one non-SEC school in the finalist pool (and FSU feels like it's trying to get in there every year, anyways.). Still, no Georgia for the the Peach State native.
WADDAYA expect? She has no national powerhouses recruiting her. I think she would be considering a UConn, Maryland, Stanford, or Notre Dame if they were recruiting her.

She lives in an extended suburb of Atlanta. You are talking heartland and capitol of the SEC. Sports radio, local sports TV, fans in bars, sitting in gym bleachers - you name it - all she hears and sees is SEC with the exception of FSU, Clem's Son and Georgia Tech. Yeah she hears about a UConn but they aren't recruiting her. I don't think Georgia has offered either.

Oh, wait a minute. I get it. You've opened my eyes. The SEC cheats! I get it now.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
WADDAYA expect? She has no national powerhouses recruiting her. I think she would be considering a UConn, Maryland, Stanford, or Notre Dame if they were recruiting her.

She lives in an extended suburb of Atlanta. You are talking heartland and capitol of the SEC. Sports radio, local sports TV, fans in bars, sitting in gym bleachers - you name it - all she hears and sees is SEC with the exception of FSU, Clem's Son and Georgia Tech. Yeah she hears about a UConn but they aren't recruiting her. I don't think Georgia has offered either.

Oh, wait a minute. I get it. You've opened my eyes. The SEC cheats! I get it now.

In most instances, I'm diligent as a communicator to make sure I express what I want to and make sure no unintended consequences come of it. (When I joined this board in 2016 during the height of the ND-UConn battles, this seemed, er, prudent.)
My intent here was to have a little fun and show that the SEC influence was clearly enveloping. That's it. Period.

If you think there was an intended poke at the SEC< well, I'll have to keep my vanilla brand of humor to myself :confused:. However, you've been posting for as long as I have here...have you ever seen me take on an anti-any conference sentiments here (well, outside of a poke at the SEC network from time to time? ;) )

So, for the sake of clarity: wow, this kid must really like the SEC! With your helpful first two paragraphs, that makes all the sense in world. As for that last sentence, please don't draw implications that aren't there..what was written (only) is what you get!

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Well, I'll revert to more familiar territory here to report that ND has offered a member of the U.S.A. U-16 Women's National Team that was recently in Mexico -- Jacy Abii, Class of 2026. She fits the range of the long, rangy guards that Coach Ivey seems to favor (see Sonia Citron, Emma Risch, etc.)

(Thanks to "bohratom" of McGraw's Bench for initially reporting this offer.)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Brenda dipping into the hoops hotbed of Montana. :rolleyes: That's a bit of a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom