2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2023 Winter Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She did recruit Destiny Slocum out of Idaho and have Lavender Briggs who is from Utah.
True. Utah has been producing a decent amount of talent recently. But yeah Idaho like Montana is a state that doesn't tend to churn out D1 prospects.

Reaction Score
True. Utah has been producing a decent amount of talent recently. But yeah Idaho like Montana is a state that doesn't tend to churn out D1 prospects.
I’d even say Idaho is a decent big step ahead of Montana.

Idaho seems to have had at least one Power 5 kid each of the past view classes (Howell, Whiting, Ojukwu, McFarland). Not sure how many Montana has had since Tinkle.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not sure how many Montana has had since Tinkle.
Off the top of my head I'm not coming up with any. Barta was a stud at Gonzaga and certainly could've played in a P5 conference.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ND makes another offer to a Class of 2025 -- to Madison Francis of Lancaster Central HS in western New York. Niele Ivey and Michaela Mabrey, who heads up ND's recruiting, have been busy.

Here's some information from The Buffalo News, which quotes Shane Laflin of ESPN.

“She can make plays athletically that most players cannot make,” ESPN’s Shane Laflin wrote. “An elite level track athlete as well, she moves so smoothly and powerfully around the floor, it is like she can cover sideline to sideline without the slightest bit of effort. She operates predominately around the rim but has improved open court skills. Good luck to opponents keeping her off the glass. Her best basketball is ahead of her.”

Francis, a 4-star recruit, currently holds offers from Maryland, Ole Miss, Miami, Syracuse and many more.

A reigning All-Western New York first team large schools selection, she averaged 22 points, 12.1 rebounds, 2.9 assists, 4 steals and 3.2 blocks this season, along with scoring her 1,000th career point.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Yet another Irish offer: This time to Class of 2026 McKenna Woliczko, star at Archbishop Mitty (along with UConn commit Morgan Cheli) and recent member of the U-16 USA Team at the Americas Tournament in Mexico, where she made the All-Tournament Team. The 6'2" wing was awfully versatile there, jumping center and playing in the paint, chasing down loose balls and scoring in a variety of ways. Her ability to be around the ball reminded me a bit of Sonia Citron in a slightly larger frame.

In any case, here's the tweet Mitty sent out. I'll have one her dad send out on the ND thread.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
And yet another.
I'm guessing Michaela Mabrey might've been in Mexico to see the U.S.A. u-16 team play: three of the last four offers have been to members of that team, and they've already offered Dee Alexander. Bjorn has a "Sonia Citron" look to her: 6'1", long and lanky.
Then again, almost all of the ND guard/wing offers are more than 6' tall (Dee Alexander, Jacy Abii, Zakiyah Johnson). Coach Ivey knows what she's after....;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’ll believe we get a CA player out of high school when I see it but would be a great fit.
Yeah, I take interested hs recruits west of the Mississippi with a grain of salt. I allowed myself to get a little too hopeful with Juju when I knew better.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I take interested hs recruits west of the Mississippi with a grain of salt. I allowed myself to get a little too hopeful with Juju when I knew better.
Lot of eastern teams on her list though…

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Wanna know a school in the Carolinas that has had no problem getting recruits from West of the Mississippi? I'll give you a hint.... Duke

We can't get recruits from North Carolina, but we can get them from Texas, Illinois, and California.

Reaction Score
Wanna know a school in the Carolinas that has had no problem getting recruits from West of the Mississippi? I'll give you a hint.... Duke

We can't get recruits from North Carolina, but we can get them from Texas, Illinois, and California.
What part of Illinois, that is West of the Mississippi River, does Duke get recruits from ?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What part of Illinois, that is West of the Mississippi River, does Duke get recruits from ?

What i was trying to say that Duke traditionally gets most of its recruits outside of its geographic area. I jusy threw in Illinois along with the other two as a top out of region state.

Reaction Score

Illinois is East of the Mississippi....must be that superior Duke education ;)

Reaction Score
And yet another.
I'm guessing Michaela Mabrey might've been in Mexico to see the U.S.A. u-16 team play: three of the last four offers have been to members of that team, and they've already offered Dee Alexander. Bjorn has a "Sonia Citron" look to her: 6'1", long and lanky.
Then again, almost all of the ND guard/wing offers are more than 6' tall (Dee Alexander, Jacy Abii, Zakiyah Johnson). Coach Ivey knows what she's after....;)

Saw photos of Leah Macy making an unofficial visit a few days ago. Do you know if she has an offer? I'm assuming no since neither Leah nor ND mentioned it.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Saw photos of Leah Macy making an unofficial visit a few days ago. Do you know if she has an offer? I'm assuming no since neither Leah nor ND mentioned it.
ND doesn't bring up offers: they leave that to the interested commits.

This is Macy's second trip to ND; having attended the UConn-ND game on campus last December.

So, while I have not seen Macy post an offer per se, I've got to think there's awfully strong mutual interest, if not an undeclared offer, for a person who has now come to campus twice. Plus, The Bench is pretty certain ND coaches have been following her at various AAU events (Iowa, most recently).

Would love to have her -- Maddy Westbeld can't man the foward position forever!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ND doesn't bring up offers: they leave that to the interested commits.

This is Macy's second trip to ND; having attended the UConn-ND game on campus last December.

So, while I have not seen Macy post an offer per se, I've got to think there's awfully strong mutual interest, if not an undeclared offer, for a person who has now come to campus twice. Plus, The Bench is pretty certain ND coaches have been following her at various AAU events (Iowa, most recently).

Would love to have her -- Maddy Westbeld can't man the foward position forever!

Is she any kin to Kyle Macy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer