OT: - 2023 PGA Championship | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: 2023 PGA Championship

Reaction Score
Which one was it?
Hate the news these days so I mixed them up or better yet combined them huh?

Gayle King CBS (has been overrated since leaving local CTnews)

Reaction Score
He was on good morning america? Did he mention he’s played in 25 pga tour events + 10 time pga player of the SoCal section or is he going with the 1 bucket per week routine?

Reaction Score
He was on good morning america? Did he mention he’s played in 25 pga tour events + 10 time pga player of the SoCal section or is he going with the 1 bucket per week routine?
He had a lifetime dream this week. Good for him. His par on 18 was impressive.

Reaction Score
Koepka’s win is sort of a funny back-handed compliment to LIV. They are understandably getting as much play as possible out of one of their guys winning a major, but Koepka has consistently finished middle of the pack at LIV events. He’s obviously back and should be dominating those pretty weak fields, but is clearly phoning it in. I guess it’s not too much different than his PGA tour career though. The dude just gets up for the big stage and doesn’t really care about the week to week little stuff (totally understandable with his major success).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Interview lengths vary and you only have so much time to tell your story compared to how much time is spent by the show telling your story. I do know I heard interviews during the PGA where he talked about playing practice rounds for fun in California with Cantlay and other touring pros. He also mentioned it took him a long to realize he is just a club pro and not a touring pro and to learn how to play his game on the course.

He is a great example of how talented some of these club pros are; many if not most played college golf and plenty of them spent time on mini-tours or stuff like that. There is a huge gulf in talent between tour pros and club pros and also between tour pros and scratch golfers.

There's a reason no PGA club pro has done this well in around 30 years.

Reaction Score
Interview lengths vary and you only have so much time to tell your story compared to how much time is spent by the show telling your story. I do know I heard interviews during the PGA where he talked about playing practice rounds for fun in California with Cantlay and other touring pros. He also mentioned it took him a long to realize he is just a club pro and not a touring pro and to learn how to play his game on the course.

He is a great example of how talented some of these club pros are; many if not most played college golf and plenty of them spent time on mini-tours or stuff like that. There is a huge gulf in talent between tour pros and club pros and also between tour pros and scratch golfers.

There's a reason no PGA club pro has done this well in around 30 years.
I bet there are many club pros that have the talent but the problem is if they are at a point with a family making a choice to be constantly on the road while working on their game 10 hours a day it’s understandable why they chose that path. I don’t know his story from the early years but I’m happy for him now.

Reaction Score
Koepka’s win is sort of a funny back-handed compliment to LIV. They are understandably getting as much play as possible out of one of their guys winning a major, but Koepka has consistently finished middle of the pack at LIV events. He’s obviously back and should be dominating those pretty weak fields, but is clearly phoning it in. I guess it’s not too much different than his PGA tour career though. The dude just gets up for the big stage and doesn’t really care about the week to week little stuff (totally understandable with his major success).
Pretty bad take. In his last 9 LIV starts, which coincides with being healthy, Koepka has 2 wins and 3 other Top 10. Far from middle of the pack

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom