OT: - 2023 PGA Championship | The Boneyard

OT: 2023 PGA Championship

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm surprised nobody has posted yet seeing that the tournament starts in about 12 hours. So who do you got this time around. It's boring, but gotta go with Rahmbo the way he has been playing. I would love to see Rory or Spieth do well, but they haven't been on point recently. It's good to see Day back in top form, but it's hard to win in back to back weeks but at 25:1, a solid investment.

Jon Rahm +750
Scottie Scheffler +750
Rory McIlroy +1200
Xander Schauffele +1600
Patrick Cantlay +1800
Brooks Koepka +2000
Tony Finau +2000
Justin Thomas +2500
Dustin Johnson +2500
Jason Day +2500
Cameron Young +2800
Viktor Hovland +2800
Matthew Fitzpatrick +3000
Collin Morikawa +3300
Cameron Smith +3300
Sungjae Im +3300
Tyrrell Hatton +3500
Max Homa +4000
Jordan Spieth +4500
Sam Burns +4500
Hideki Matsuyama +5500
Tommy Fleetwood +5500
Rickie Fowler +6000
Wyndham Clark +6600
Shane Lowry +6600
Adam Scott +7000
Joaquin Niemann +7000
Talor Gooch +7500
Gary Woodland +8000
Tom Kim +8000
Si Woo Kim +8000
Sahith Theegala +8000
Justin Rose +9000
Patrick Reed +9000
Keegan Bradley +9000
Russell Henley +10000
Corey Conners +10000
Bryson DeChambeau +11000

Reaction Score
Rahm play looks good here for sure, albeit obviously chalky. Looking for guys who can drive the ball well and far, and good iron players. Chipping skill is neutralized with the run-offs into rough. Rough is thick and penal off the first cut, so wayward drivers will have a hard time. Would definitely prefer a winner coming out of the late group tomorrow since it will be frigid in the morning. I love DJ here, as well as Finau, with a long shot on Mitchell (Best driver on tour this year).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oak Hill is going to be a beast over the weekend with lots of wind. Oak Hill has small greens and there's not a lot of room for misses.

I think it's going to be someone who is real good with different green side shots. -8 or -9 would be a great number.

I like some players from the British Isles- Fitzpatrick, Lowry, Hatton.

Reaction Score
Played that course in ‘19 and’21. An automation company we acquired in Rochester had a membership. I was lucky enough to have a hood customer they built a bunch of panels for so myself and their chief engineer were able to play. Absolute beast and we played it at only just over 6500 yards. The rough is the absolute worst I’ve ever played, thick and the ball almost always is buried in deep. For us mere mortals impossible to advance to the required distance, just get it back on the fairway and play for a long par putt or bogey. Get greedy and dubs and trips always in play. Greens are beautiful but like all Ross courses smallish and back to front downhill often. This will be fun to watch I’m going to guess -7 is the winner.

One of my rounds there I shot 82 if I were on one of my favorite WesMass or CR courses my game was in the 71-73 area easily. Played excellent with nothing to show for. First time there shot 89 too many attempts to hit hybrid from the rough, brutal.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah forgot. I think Cam Young gets his first PGA win and it’s a major! Just a hunch.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I got Xander, Homa, Hovland, Finau, Cam Young, and Sahith. Been betting that group of players all year.

Reaction Score
Could be a frost delay, 32 degrees in Rochester. WOW! Hand warmers and Scottish weather for sure.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why didn't I come right back winth Vic and Min Woo?

Reaction Score
Oh yeah forgot. I think Cam Young gets his first PGA win and it’s a major! Just a hunch.

How did this work out?? Lol add to it not replacing his ball mark after moving aside for someone else’s putt 2 stroke penalty. Tough 2 days for my guy and that’s all he’s playing.

Reaction Score
Amazing to me watching the pros on an insufferable weather day like this, and very few wear actual “rain gloves”. I do realize it takes some feel away but it’s better than constantly worrying about drying your hands.

I do realize they have a caddy with dry towels which I don’t lol

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Amazing to me watching the pros on an insufferable weather day like this, and very few wear actual “rain gloves”. I do realize it takes some feel away but it’s better than constantly worrying about drying your hands.

I do realize they have a caddy with dry towels which I don’t lol

And 20 pairs of gloves if they need them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How did this work out?? Lol add to it not replacing his ball mark after moving aside for someone else’s putt 2 stroke penalty. Tough 2 days for my guy and that’s all he’s playing.
Last time I listen to you! I can't believe I did this time! Now I'm out 4 bucks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Setting up for a great finish tomorrow. Weather should be fine.

Hardly a hot take but I expect one of Rose, Scheffler, McIlroy or Bryson to post a clubhouse number Brooks has to beat.

Three rounds in and my original prediction of -8 or -9 looks solid. I also said Brits would do good and Rose and Rory are up there (Yes, Rory is Northern Ireland but that's UK). Unfortunately I thought Hatton , Fitz or Lowry would be the names on leaderboard. I'm giving my mself a bit above average on tournament storylines.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Cool storyline is Hovland had 54 lead last year at Open Championship and pissed it away and Brooks did the same five weeks ago at Augusta.

I have nothing against Connors and thought the RaChACha fans were douchey chanting USA on 18. Yeah it was only a few fans, but save it for the Ryder cup. Rochester is basically Canada anyway. I lived there for five years. I had softball games canceled on Mother's Day due to snow. I say all this to say Connors has to prove to me he can handle the pressure.

Hovland, Koepka, Rory, Bryson and Rose will put on a great show tomorrow. The moment will not be bigger than them. Currently I'm one bourbon shy of being ballsy and calling a Rose win. I do know he has made a ton of birdies this week and if he can keep it clean, I would love seeing him get his second major.

Oak Hill, even without today's rain, has shown why its one of the top ten venues in America for hosting majors.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If your money isn't on Koepka at this point, you don't like money. I'm guessing he walks down 18 with a 2 or more stroke lead. The only player I really did not want to go LIV. Dammit.

I'm feeling good right now. I had National Treasure and Blazing Sevens across the board today. Cashed in on 5 of 6 bets.

Brooks may win but he has scar tissue from Augusta. He doesn’t have Rahm hunting him down but there are plenty of heavy hitters who can post a number.

Reaction Score
McIlroy is this generation's Greg Norman. Top talent but chokes in the Majors.
What? He’s got 4 majors, anyone who knows golf knows he’s one of the best to ever play the game. Fun take!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Hovland gonna do it for The Tour today. I have some of my biggest golf bets of the year this weekend with a Hovland winner ticket and a tee time at 3:00. Gonna miss it all. Unreal.

Reaction Score
McIlroy is this generation's Greg Norman. Top talent but chokes in the Majors.
You do realize he has won 4 majors, right? To Norman's one. And that 4 is as many as anyone in his generation. Could/should he have won more? Probably. But I certainly wouldn't call him a choker. Oh, and he's still in his early 30s....

Reaction Score
I was confused with Conner’s bunker shot ruling- he’s in the trap and buries his next shot into the lip right above sand level. They couldn’t even find the ball at first. Isn’t that an unplayable lie? I don’t know the rules, but if I’m playing and hit my ball is such a way that I can’t even play the next shot, then I take a penalty shot & drop the ball to proceed. It looked like he got a free drop without a penalty.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
You do realize he has won 4 majors, right? To Norman's one. And that 4 is as many as anyone in his generation. Could/should he have won more? Probably. But I certainly wouldn't call him a choker. Oh, and he's still in his early 30s....
not a choker but does not seem to have same killer instinct as some of his peers (Rahm, Scheffler, JT .... not to mention Tiger)
Go Bryson!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom