OT: - 2023 PGA Championship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: 2023 PGA Championship

Reaction Score
Rory isn’t a major choker. He’s just not as good as he once was. Still has more majors than the guys you listed minus Tiger

I picked brooks in my 1 and done. I don’t see anyone that’s -1 having a chance, so it will be a small chase group. Unless brooks gives some shots up

Reaction Score
not a choker but does not seem to have same killer instinct as some of his peers (Rahm, Scheffler, JT .... not to mention Tiger)
Go Bryson!
JT has 2 majors….the other guys are just getting going. Let’s see what they do before you proclaim them. And there is only one Tiger.

Very bad take on your part

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Unbelievable how Hovland has the exact same mistake from the exact same sport as Connors did yesterday.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
JT has 2 majors….the other guys are just getting going. Let’s see what they do before you proclaim them. And there is only one Tiger.

Very bad take on your part
Rory has as much talent as anyone on tour .... hasn't won a major in years
there is something missing and is mostly between the ears

Reaction Score
His putting stinks... Pure and simple... He appears to be unable to correctly read a break...

Reaction Score
More like a decade in his prime years. Choker just like Norman and Colin Montgomery.

Reaction Score
Brooks has the build to play the long game, and the last several years also really improved his short game. His game is tailor made for Majors. This PGA played more like a U.S. Open than it did a PGA and he ate up the course like the Tiger of old would do.

Reaction Score
Great week for Block.. Makes 290K.. Gets the ace on Sunday.. Plays with Rose and Rory in rounds 3 and 4.. Qualifies for next year's PGA Tournament event.. And gets a call at the 19th Hole from Charles S Tournament reps offering him a sponsor's exemption to play in this week's PGA Tour event in Texas.. As he was quoted as saying.. "He's livin' the Dream." Cool story..

Reaction Score
Good call.
Thanks Chin. It was a solid tourney with all kinds of weather to test the best and the rest. Brooks stood up. His drive on the apron of the par four was an all time great shot. Brooks is back and leads the pack. With Five (5) wins at this level he has separated himself with knowing how to win.

I hope he can also lead us back to a unified tour but the courts will weigh in on that. I also hope us average players can appreciate the rapid growth and opportunities that the LIV tour has created for all tours. I if were a player on the Corn Ferry Tour, PGA tour and others, such greater and faster chances have created a golden opportunity for all aspiring and touring players. If your not seeing that your missing something.

Reaction Score
Brooks has the build to play the long game, and the last several years also really improved his short game. His game is tailor made for Majors. This PGA played more like a U.S. Open than it did a PGA and he ate up the course like the Tiger of old would do.
At the interview, after the third round, Brooks was well composed. He said he knew how to win with what the Master had taught him. WOW what great confidence against a deep field. I like that a lot.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
His putting stinks... Pure and simple... He appears to be unable to correctly read a break...
That’s what caddies can help with. It’s legal.

Back 9, I forget which hole. Block had a putt and Rory was almost exaxt same line just inside of Block. Maybe 10'. Block's putt went a few left tobriggt and he missed it. Very simple putt for Rory after seeing the lineband speed. Nothing more than start the putt about a ball outside left edge. Rory never got the ball on line. He missed the right edge of the cup by 3"-4". Massively poor attempt by a tour pro.

Reaction Score
That error was inexcusable. He hit it so poorly too. Never started it on line was low from the strike

Reaction Score
Back 9, I forget which hole. Block had a putt and Rory was almost exaxt same line just inside of Block. Maybe 10'. Block's putt went a few left tobriggt and he missed it. Very simple putt for Rory after seeing the lineband speed. Nothing more than start the putt about a ball outside left edge. Rory never got the ball on line. He missed the right edge of the cup by 3"-4". Massively poor attempt by a tour pro.
Block said he thought the greens were in great shape and the hole(s) looked big to him for most of the Tournament

Reaction Score
Thanks Chin. It was a solid tourney with all kinds of weather to test the best and the rest. Brooks stood up. His drive on the apron of the par four was an all time great shot. Brooks is back and leads the pack. With Five (5) wins at this level he has separated himself with knowing how to win.

I hope he can also lead us back to a unified tour but the courts will weigh in on that. I also hope us average players can appreciate the rapid growth and opportunities that the LIV tour has created for all tours. I if were a player on the Corn Ferry Tour, PGA tour and others, such greater and faster chances have created a golden opportunity for all aspiring and touring players. If your not seeing that your missing something.
They will be catering even more to a fewer elite.

Reaction Score
CBS Good morning America cut Block off mid sentence today LOL. But they talked about Griner for way too long, pitiful. They were so impressed with how she feels about the American flag now. :rolleyes::mad:

Reaction Score
My partner for the last mens club tournament did the same thing. It was like, dude, haven’t you ever played here? Haven’t you watched anything? He’s played there for years and is clueless.

Reaction Score
Block just got invited to play this weeks tour event. He was quite happy, asked his boss if it was ok to miss work this week……ha

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom