2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
I think South Carolina has a fairly "decent" team for next season already wouldn't you say? Who's missing?.......;)
Their front court is still loaded, I think the issue is finding a veteran, go-to scorer to replace Zia. Milaysia can be that, imo. I think Breezy will make a seamless transition in replacing Brea and Raven will do an excellent job leading.

South Carolina should still be as high as Top 5 next year.

Reaction Score
Their front court is still loaded, I think the issue is finding a veteran, go-to scorer to replace Zia. Milaysia can be that, imo. I think Breezy will make a seamless transition in replacing Brea and Raven will do an excellent job leading.

South Carolina should still be as high as Top 5 next year.
exactly............it's not like they were left with just second-tier players......

Reaction Score
Its still early and your top schools are all gonna be picky. Every week someone unexpected keeps jumping into it

SC also just finished their season and dealt with the draft stuff. I imagine all these coaches will now turn focus to the portal over the next month before taking a break before summer recruiting and camps start

I’m laughing at the LSU board melting that Kim hasn’t landed anyone yet. Heck go check out VolNation
Lol yeah a lot in our fanbase needs to become more familiar with the WBB landscape.

Especially because Kim likes to announce her hauls as a unison.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I don’t get it either. Silence regarding outbound portal is a good thing. None of the transfers from elsewhere that (we think)) Dawn is interested in have committed elsewhere.

Silence is golden ( though perhaps boring.)
Not outbound portal silence. No worries there at all. Was referring to who she's looking at bringing in from the portal. Not in the sense that I doubt her. It's the silence itself from her ability to keep things from leaking....drives me nuts. I HAVE A NEED TO KNOW, DANG IT.

LOL.

Reaction Score
Not outbound portal silence. No worries there at all. Was referring to who she's looking at bringing in from the portal. Not in the sense that I doubt her. It's the silence itself from her ability to keep things from leaking....drives me nuts. I HAVE A NEED TO KNOW, DANG IT.

LOL.
Dave Chappelle Halloween GIF by Saturday Night Live

Made me think of those Dave Chappelle skits. Thirsting for those "birdies" updates. :D

Reaction Score

Well, Auburn is closer to her hometown of Columbus. Otherwise, not much change from one set of tigers to the other. Orange and Blue is not much different than orange and purple.

Reaction Score
I think the activity level has dropped off until the big names make their decisions. Namely Betts, Morrow and Hailey Van Lith. There are quite a few top ranked teams in the hunt there, and some of those only have one position available. If one of those is on your wish list, you probably have a plan b or c and might indicate an interest without a firm offer, until the dominoes start to fall.

In some ways it is like professional basketball free agency. The A list players come first, then down the list from there. Until then there could be a lull. I am surprised nothing has happened yet on Hailey Van Lith, however, since she indicated do not contact. That suggested she already knew what she wanted to do, or at least had a very short list, so I thought we would know something by now with her.

Reaction Score
I think the activity level has dropped off until the big names make their decisions. Namely Betts, Morrow and Hailey Van Lith. There are quite a few top ranked teams in the hunt there, and some of those only have one position available. If one of those is on your wish list, you probably have a plan b or c and might indicate an interest without a firm offer, until the dominoes start to fall.

In some ways it is like professional basketball free agency. The A list players come first, then down the list from there. Until then there could be a lull. I am surprised nothing has happened yet on Hailey Van Lith, however, since she indicated do not contact. That suggested she already knew what she wanted to do, or at least had a very short list, so I thought we would know something by now with her.
Probably takes some time for both sides to assess the NIL potential.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

When a player enters the portal, what happens to the academic part of their scholarship? Do they leave school immediately or can they stay until the current semester is over? Or is their scholarship terminated when they enter the portal?
If they are still in school, maybe this could be a factor in announcing their new school.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
When a player enters the portal, what happens to the academic part of their scholarship? Do they leave school immediately or can they stay until the current semester is over? Or is their scholarship terminated when they enter the portal?
If they are still in school, maybe this could be a factor in announcing their new school.
I don't think entering the portal impacts scholarship standing, as there have been some players that change their minds and stay. And most universities are getting close to finals period, so that would be be incredibly bad optics if they could do so.

Reaction Score
I don't think entering the portal impacts scholarship standing, as there have been some players that change their minds and stay. And most universities are getting close to finals period, so that would be be incredibly bad optics if they could do so.
Correct. You can still finish out your academic semester.

Reaction Score
I think
it's too late to drop courses so they generally have to stay and complete their semester or get dinged on their GPA. Saniya Rivers completed her semester at SCar last year (and partcipated in al NC celebrations) after commiting to transfer to NCSt

Reaction Score
I think the rule last year ( before the 2 month portal window was introduced) was that the school had to honor the scholarship through end of the semester. Which was crazy cuz a player could announce the day after classes start that they were entering portal and scholarship would still be in effect even though student athlete is no longer playing their sport. Now, you can't get in portal until March 10 for bb which is nearing end of season.

Reaction Score
Hasn't reached 34% as three point shooter and is in the high 30s overall in FG %.

Elite shooter?
Downgrade from Hailey Van Lith and I mean no disrespect to Curry by that. Louisville came out the lesser with this one.

Reaction Score
Hasn't reached 34% as three point shooter and is in the high 30s overall in FG %.

Elite shooter?
You know when you hear people say they were taken out of context? This is the good example.

The tweet says "Elite Shooter off the catch and off the bounce"

Note: This is not a shot a OP but a general observation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom