2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
First Higginbottom, now Rogers. Arkansas State is doing a nice job of cobbling together in-state products who went P5 out of state and want to come home.

Now if they can build a team as good as their women bowling team.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Feel like UNC would make a lot of sense here:

Isn't the purpose of this particular thread for new school announcements for players in the transfer portal? And not opinions on where they should transfer to because there is a thread for transfer portal entry announcements and new school speculation. Just wondering.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Isn't the purpose of this particular thread for new school announcements for players in the transfer portal? And not opinions on where they should transfer to because there is a thread for transfer portal entry announcements and new school speculation. Just wondering.
This thread does feel like the landing spot of the process, so -- yeah -- I agree!

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Baylor picks up transfer Madison Bartley from Belmont

So, Belmont goes 23-8 in 21-22 and loses to Tennessee in NCAA's and 23-12 in 22-23, losing to Ball State in WNIT. Looks good for next year, except....their top two scorers bolt for Tennessee and Baylor, respectively.
I know nothing, nada, zip about the Belmont coach and environs, but a read on this is both Destinee Wells and Madison Bartley are juniors and, as such, qualify for a Covid year. If they're going to try the great beyond of P5, this is the year to go, so they get two years.

Guess it's good for them to take a theoretical step up, but sucks eggs (we're getting close to Easter) for Belmont.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, Belmont goes 23-8 in 21-22 and loses to Tennessee in NCAA's and 23-12 in 22-23, losing to Ball State in WNIT. Looks good for next year, except....their top two scorers bolt for Tennessee and Baylor, respectively.
I know nothing, nada, zip about the Belmont coach and environs, but a read on this is both Destinee Wells and Madison Bartley are juniors and, as such, qualify for a Covid year. If they're going to try the great beyond of P5, this is the year to go, so they get two years.

Guess it's good for them to take a theoretical step up, but sucks eggs (we're getting close to Easter) for Belmont.
And, if they are earning their undergraduate degree after 3 years, and want to go somewhere else to pursue a Masters degree it's a good situation for them.

There have been some situations where players leave after 3 years but did not complete their degree.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
And, if they are earning their undergraduate degree after 3 years, and want to go somewhere else to pursue a Masters degree it's a good situation for them.

There have been some situations where players leave after 3 years but did not complete their degree.
Yes, good point on the education. When Sam Brunelle left Notre Dame after three years, she did so as an ND graduate. Most Irish fans were sorry (but understanding) to see her go for basketball purposes, but quite glad she's a Domer (ND alum) and pursuing grad studies at UVA. Hope the same holds for the two Belmont transfers (one of whom was a high school buddy of current Irish player, Maddy Westbeld).

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

giphy.gif

I'm getting tired of them

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I'm not happy about this prospective backcourt ... not at all.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wasn't familiar with Curry's game, but looks like Louisville will be near the top of the ACC again next season. :oops:

Reaction Score

I'm not happy about this prospective backcourt ... not at all.

I'm pretty happy about it. :)

Several comments on Louisville fan boards are something like - "NOW all we need is an elite wing and an elite post." I'm saying...good luck with that. But it's Walz so I'll never say never.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom