OT: - 2023 Masters | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: 2023 Masters

Reaction Score
I’m sure the receiving charities don’t care about the scheme.
I'm sure the charities who receive money from LIV appreciate it too.

I think LIV is stupid and I don't root for the players who left for it but I certainly don't support the ridiculous tax-exempt nonprofit status of the PGA.

Reaction Score

I think LIV is stupid and I don't root for the players who left for it but I certainly don't support the ridiculous tax-exempt nonprofit status of the PGA.
I may be misremembering this but I actually don’t believe that the PGAs non-profit status is tied to their charitable contributions (ie. Don’t think they’re structured as a 401(c)(3)). It’s probably helpful in keeping public opinion for whatever iffy structure they have in place but I don’t believe is a requirement.

Reaction Score
I may be misremembering this but I actually don’t believe that the PGAs non-profit status is tied to their charitable contributions (ie. Don’t think they’re structured as a 401(c)(3)). It’s probably helpful in keeping public opinion for whatever iffy structure they have in place but I don’t believe is a requirement.
501(c)(6) technically not charitable like 501(c)(3) from what I understand but they tie themselves so much around their charitable giving when such a small percentage of the money actually goes to charities.

Reaction Score
Michelson has the gaul to wear his LIV credentials on his head and shirt at the hallowed Masters....at least Koepka kept it to a swoosh. How did Augusta allow this.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Michelson has the gaul to wear his LIV credentials on his head and shirt at the hallowed Masters....at least Koepka kept it to a swoosh. How did Augusta allow this.
After coming to this thread after reading comments on Sally's post mostly saying, "Who cares what they wear?", you'll have to excuse me for laughing.

FIGJAM owes nothing to the PGA, nor to the very checkered history of Augusta Country Club. The issue here really is: how did every PGA star sans Rahm allow a 53-year old to kick their ass?

Oh, and this... learn the difference between gall and Gaul.

Screenshot_20230409_182924.jpg

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Rahm gotta hold on here for me and it’s back to back weekends of bankroll boosters. Why work? So glad he held it down for The Tour. May LIV never capture a major! Get em boys.

Reaction Score
Rahm gotta hold on here for me and it’s back to back weekends of bankroll boosters. Why work? So glad he held it down for The Tour. May LIV never capture a major! Get em boys.
And yet LIV has 3 in the top 4 and ties, including a guy over 50. Not such a strong showing for PGA. Just saying.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
And yet LIV has 3 in the top 4 and ties, including a guy over 50. Not such a strong showing for PGA. Just saying.
Sample size of 1. We will see how this plays out. I’ll keep this receipt.

Reaction Score
Pissed Lefty played well screw him. Happy for Rahm a loyal outspoken PGA guy like he should be.

I do like Koepkas honest answer the other day on if he would’ve gone to LIV if he hadn’t been injured and not playing well when the offer came up. No matter glad he caught runner up tie with Phil at best.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No qualms with Rahm winning. An alpha talent who dominated today.

Could care less about Brooks.

Wouldn't have minded a Phil win just to see all the meltdowns.

Reaction Score

Yikes, LIV execs can’t be happy that after a good showing for the LIV guys, this is the statement Brooks makes.

Reaction Score
Brooks, Phil and Reed all played very well. The rain kind of mucked everything up. But give Rahm credit, he earned it.

How does Spieth get in the top five every year? Every time they show him he is hitting the ball into the water or behind a tree. It's amazing.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Brooks, Phil and Reed all played very well. The rain kind of mucked everything up. But give Rahm credit, he earned it.

How does Spieth get in the top five every year? Every time they show him he is hitting the ball into the water or behind a tree. It's amazing.
Every time they showed him today he was draining putts. Every year except for the year he melted down on Sunday, he plays exceptionally well on Sunday.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

Yikes, LIV execs can’t be happy that after a good showing for the LIV guys, this is the statement Brooks makes.

Except for DJ and maybe Reed, most of the guys who bailed were either perpetually injured or at or near the end of their peak.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
No qualms with Rahm winning. An alpha talent who dominated today.

Could care less about Brooks.

Wouldn't have minded a Phil win just to see all the meltdowns.
Count me as one who would have melted.

Reaction Score
Except for DJ and maybe Reed, most of the guys who bailed were either perpetually injured or at or near the end of their peak.
I mean it’s very apparent to everyone that most of the guys who took the bag were on the tail end of their PGA tour money-making career, I’m just sure that LIV isn’t too happy one of those guys came out and admitted it.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I mean it’s very apparent to everyone that most of the guys who took the bag were on the tail end of their PGA tour money-making career, I’m just sure that LIV isn’t too happy one of those guys came out and admitted it.
Brooks doesn’t strike me as the type to give a damn about anything. I like that about him. Probably the only LIV guy I can kinda get behind. I was team Brooksie in his spat with DeClownbo.

Reaction Score

Well, that’s what I asked about. I don’t know if they donate to anyone, do you?

If churches can be tax exempt, golf should be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom