OT: - 2023 Masters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: 2023 Masters

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not looking good for PGA with McIlroy missing cut and Koepka with a 2 stroke lead.

Final pairing for today is interesting with Koepka repping LIV, Rahm repping PGA, and Bennett, an amateur who has the game to win this thing.

Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of Saudi Arabia but I wouldn't mind seeing a LIV guy win. Just for the chaos of it. Plus I'm a fan of Bubba Watson and Dusitn Gretzky.
That would be great for golf if a LIV guy won.
I’m not a fan of monopoly’s like the PGA who screws the talent snd do everything in their power to eliminate competition and cry like they are some kind of victim typical of everyone ever challenged.
The PGA ‘s behavior in this has been childishly embarrassing.
The AFL improved the moribund NFL
The ABA did the same for the NBA
Hopefully what product we end up with in golf will also be improved.

Reaction Score
I’m not a fan of monopoly’s like the PGA who screws the talent snd do everything in their power to eliminate competition and cry like they are some kind of victim typical of everyone ever challenged.
How has the PGA “screwed” the talent?? These guys make obscene amounts of money and live like kings on tour. LIV is a joke with a completely unsustainable business model.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand this line of logic. The entire “business model” of LIV centered around completely choking out the PGA and replacing it as the tour for the premier players/relegating the PGA to feeder tour status. There’s literally no other way the economics remotely make sense. I can at least understand people whose view is that the LIV entertainment value is better (I wildly disagree after watching a few events but that’s just preference), but saying I want this other wannabe monopoly to succeed because I don’t like that we currently have a monopoly is silly to me.

Reaction Score

I am happy that those guys got to play. I don't think it would have been right to disqualify people from a tournament they earned the right to play in.

That being said - they deserve what they get. They all signed agreements with the PGA tour. They all broke them. And took a pile of money. So they can't cry "damages" - how are you damaged when you got more money than you were making before? Pretty sure Lebron can't take $200M to go play hoops in Europe either without losing his NBA contract.

It is a bunch of rich people fighting with another bunch of rich people over contract law.

As to the WGR - not sure how to compare different formats, but they should probably figure this out over time.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand this line of logic. The entire “business model” of LIV centered around completely choking out the PGA and replacing it as the tour for the premier players/relegating the PGA to feeder tour status. There’s literally no other way the economics remotely make sense. I can at least understand people whose view is that the LIV entertainment value is better (I wildly disagree after watching a few events but that’s just preference), but saying I want this other wannabe monopoly to succeed because I don’t like that we currently have a monopoly is silly to me.

I'm sure it is much more fun to GO TO a LIV event than a PGA event, but have no interest in watching it on TV. For the same reason I don't like playing in events where I tee off on the 7th hole.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tiger looked extremely pained and uncomfortable on #17. He's got 28.5 holes to play tomorrow.

Fully expect him to sack the clubs and WD.

No shame in it. Weather and terrain are brutal for golf.

Reaction Score
Nah. The one thing admirable about golf was the fact that if you don't shoot a score, you don't get paid. These LIV guys get paid anyway. It's not "sport" it's sports entertainment. At least WWE admits it's not a sport.
LIV is a clown show, it’s not competitive golf. Good on the guys for fleecing the Saudi’s out of millions and taking care of their families. But it’s not golf. WWE is a great comp.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
LIV is total trash. Not even minor leagues. It’s like the Globetrotters. The players are laughing their way to the bank. They have guys that couldn’t sniff the PGA Tour playing. Fat Perez couldn’t make a top 20 on PGA tour, now all of a sudden he’s a “profitable golfer?” I see why injured and washed up bums left. Sergio, Na, Poulter, etc just don’t want to put the time and work in to compete with real PGA talent. I looked at the LIV list of players, and couldn’t name half of them. I read one guy shot a 50 on his back 9. That’s a joke. Teams? Shotgun starts? Do they also get a beer and a hot dog on the turn? Do they give each other putts? These guys don’t have to be good at golf anymore. Usually you have to win to earn money. Last place gets $100k? No cut? Unreal. I want to see what happens if a golfer takes the Saudi up front money and then quits. Will he end up chopped up?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Tiger looked extremely pained and uncomfortable on #17. He's got 28.5 holes to play tomorrow.

Fully expect him to sack the clubs and WD.

No shame in it. Weather and terrain are brutal for golf.
I love how in his 2 starts this year I bet him to MC, and BOTH times he makes the cut on the number and then implodes. At the Genesis he chipped in on 18 to make the cut too. Just taking my money in painful ways. I’ll continue to bet him to MC though. I’ll get that money back!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
What!?

Reaction Score
How many charities does LIV support? I've not heard of any.

Reaction Score
Tomorrow 8;30 am coverage on tv and then final round at 2 pm. They are sending them off both front and back nines to get this done. The leaders have to play 30th holes tomorrow!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Tomorrow 8;30 am coverage on tv and then final round at 2 pm. They are sending them off both front and back nines to get this done. The leaders have to play 30th holes tomorrow!
Makes Easter somewhat bearable. Can watch all morning til company arrives at noon. Then kick my guests out around 3/4 and watch the rest. Could get interesting with all that action. Only bet I have that can win is Rahm. Haven’t there been Final Four weekends during Easter in the past?

Reaction Score
Someone other than Brook Kepka better win. Hard to find a tool shed big enough for him

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Let’s go John. Let’s go Hov. Do it for The Tour boys. And my bankroll.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom