2022 Recruiting: Donovan Clingan | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Donovan Clingan

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Since you posted a 6 minute video of mostly dunks and blocks, here's a 9 second clip of him shooting 3's. He brings the ball to his hip every time

Navery he literally didn’t dip past his catch point in any of those shots. He was actually very solid with going straight up from his catch point.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Dickinson took FOUR three point shots at Michigan all of last year. You cannot be serious. I believe I asked for evidence of a "great shooter" not dipping the ball. Still waiting.

The Dickinson video still has a slight dip though. It's small, but it isn't the chest and up shot you seem to think exists in the real world.
Alright now I feel like you’re just picking on me. :(

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
For an example of how an actual unnecessary dip looks like, check out Andre at the 2:15 mark. Where he brings it to his knees basically. Kemba had the same issue his freshman year.

Reaction Score
Sorry BigErn. I'm avoiding grad school work and being mean to people on the internet is a good way to procrastinate.

Trust me, I get it. I just meant that the better argument has been sort of established at this point and it's starting to look like a "debate" with the guy whose posts i can't read anymore.

Reaction Score
Navery he literally didn’t dip past his catch point in any of those shots. He was actually very solid with going straight up from his catch point.
It was admittedly a small one but there was a dip, which I think is the biggest reason you continue to argue with husky429. You're using the most extreme examples and refusing to admit anything less is a dip and not an issue when shooting

Reaction Score
For an example of how an actual unnecessary dip looks like, check out Andre at the 2:15 mark. Where he brings it to his knees basically. Kemba had the same issue his freshman year.

This has to be a bit at this point.

I love Andre Jackson but he is quite possibly the worst shooter in the history of the program. What is the point you could possibly think you're making?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This has to be a bit at this point.

I love Andre Jackson but he is quite possibly the worst shooter in the history of the program. What is the point you could possibly think you're making?
Of how not to shoot the ball and how unnecessary and extreme his dip is in comparison to the very slight ones from the examples posted here today. Just to show the difference. I’m starting to think y’all are misreading my posts on purpose.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we have the same definition of dipping. The main point is your jumpshot has to be one motion. Which is the case with all of those guys. They bring the ball straight up from their start point.

I mean if you want a good example of what getting rid of the real dip does just look at Kemba’s jumpshot from his freshman to senior year and tell me what changed the most about it.
Of how not to shoot the ball and how unnecessary and extreme his dip is in comparison to the very slight ones from the examples posted here today. Just to show the difference. I’m starting to think y’all are misreading my posts on purpose.
A bunch of years back I was very frustrated with me team as they were not doing what I was asking of them. A friend and mentor of mine who had been in several of the meetings sat me down and said- “If you keep saying the same thing over and over and people aren’t getting it, it’s not them it’s you”. Just a thought @HuskyWarrior611

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
A bunch of years back I was very frustrated with me team as they were not doing what I was asking of them. A friend and mentor of mine who had been in several of the meetings sat me down and said- “If you keep saying the same thing over and over and people aren’t getting it, it’s not them it’s you”. Just a thought @HuskyWarrior611
I mean this isn’t a problem in other threads.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I still sneak a dip every now and again. Usually after a few drinks. I have to hide it from my wife though.
There's are a lot of links to articles about dipping twice at the Passover Seder.
Do you think inserting them here would add to or detract from this thread?
I know that your answer does not establish a retained relationship.

Reaction Score
When I asked the question early in the thread I didn't expect this. My apologies to the board. On the other hand, I did learn a few things. I don't think it's necessary to change anybody's view. If the staff has a view, that will be the one that counts. The tone of the conversation on this has been adversarial, but the input both ways has been legitimate. Next time I'll think before I hit 'post reply'.

Reaction Score
@HuskyWarrior611 maybe your point is extreme dips are bad, which I think everyone would probably agree with for the most part. You should definitely concede that even great shooters such as Ray, klay, and Steph DIP the ball when catching and shooting. There was literally still frame and video evidence to look at. To say there’s no dip in those would be lying.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
@HuskyWarrior611 maybe your point is extreme dips are bad, which I think everyone would probably agree with for the most part. You should definitely concede that even great shooters such as Ray, klay, and Steph DIP the ball when catching and shooting. There was literally still frame and video evidence to look at. To say there’s no dip in those would be lying.
Yeah I tried to say that our definitions of the dip we’re talking about are different. We can go with this. My main point about DC was that he should cut some of his unecessary dip and it was met with heavy pushback. Like people celebrating the point he made kind of pushback which was weird. I don’t think the guys in the examples dip as much as DC in his shot. Here’s a guy who a lot on this board would say is our best shooter who has very little dip in his shot.

Whaley is just another example of guys in our own program who’s jumpshot has improved from removing unecessary dip making it a quicker and smoother shot. Andre should be working on doing the same.

Reaction Score
At least nobody is " double dipping"

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 71
Reaction Score
Yeah I tried to say that our definitions of the dip we’re talking about are different. We can go with this. My main point about DC was that he should cut some of his unecessary dip and it was met with heavy pushback. Like people celebrating the point he made kind of pushback which was weird. I don’t think the guys in the examples dip as much as DC in his shot. Here’s a guy who a lot on this board would say is our best shooter who has very little dip in his shot.

Whaley is just another example of guys in our own program who’s jumpshot has improved from removing unecessary dip making it a quicker and smoother shot. Andre should be working on doing the same.

The video you posted polley is dipping in every 3 in the first minute. So how is that arguing against dipping?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The video you posted polley is dipping in every 3 in the first minute. So how is that arguing against dipping?
There's a clear difference in the motion in Polley's shot and Andre's. If that can't be understood then idk. I call it a dip. I don't know what y'all would call it. In that very first shot to me he catches the ball and rises straight up with it. No wasted motion.

Reaction Score
There's a clear difference in the motion in Polley's shot and Andre's. If that can't be understood then idk. I call it a dip. I don't know what y'all would call it. In that very first shot to me he catches the ball and rises straight up with it. No wasted motion.
Literally watch the video and look at all the 3s if you don’t refer to what polley is doing as a dip that’s fine but the rest of the world calls it a dip. Comparing him to an awful shooter proves what exactly?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Literally watch the video and look at all the 3s if you don’t refer to what polley is doing as a dip that’s fine but the rest of the world calls it a dip. Comparing him to an awful shooter proves what exactly?
What would you call the difference in Polley’s motion and the difference in Andre’s?

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
A large dip vs an extreme dip. I honestly think you have to be trolling at this point, it's the only explanation
I think I’m the one getting trolled here. This must be my karma for saying DC is a taller Tyler Oleander so I must be cursed in all his threads moving forward.

Reaction Score
I think I’m the one getting trolled here. This must be my karma for saying DC is a taller Tyler Oleander so I must be cursed in all his threads moving forward.
No trolling, will you admit after all the evidence presented to you in this thread that having a dip doesn't make you a bad shooter?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
No trolling, will you admit after all the evidence presented to you in this thread that having a dip doesn't make you a bad shooter?
We disagree on what constitutes as a dip. The dips I refer too are the ones like Andre’s, early stage Kemba’s etc where they drop the ball almost to their knees. That’s a bad shooter. That’s a lot of wasted motion and movement. The dips you all are referring to has no wasted motion or movement outside of Ray’s. I will give you all him. Everyone else is more setting their shot to me. But that’s why I tried to give examples of the kind of bad dips I was referring to so you can see where I’m coming from. Husky got very spicy in his response to me and people seemed to celebrate and cheer on. That’s weird. Naturally there’s going to be a more aggressive tone after that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom